Epic Hull Balcony Listing - Includes maps & features

sdmike

• 4 weeks later...
Don't let it get you down! Epic is a great ship!

Hi SD Mike!

I have wanted to thank you sooo many times for your info!

We are finally going to try out the Epic on 1/26 and are in 11075 which seems like a good room. I had to change my room around 4 times after reading your posts as this is the quirkiest ship I've been on between aft vibrations and hulls, uncovered balconies!

So, thanks again! You are the best!!!

Mike - you have now made it impossible for anyone to say they did not know they had a hull balcony on the epic - this should be made into a sticky and it should also be copied to the other message board for cabin locations, etc.

And yes, we do need for you to "expose" the uncovered balconies please:p

Mike - you have now made it impossible for anyone to say they did not know they had a hull balcony on the epic - this should be made into a sticky and it should also be copied to the other message board for cabin locations, etc.

And yes, we do need for you to "expose" the uncovered balconies please:p

Ha! I did this too. There is a link in my signature to a list of uncovered balconies. :) Glad it helped

Mike, first off, thanks so much for the very informative guidelines you have presented. One question I have is.....if the cabin comes across as gray on the deck plans (12100, 11000, for ex.) are they also hull balconies? While I don't mind a covered balcony, I like to have a seat and look out at the horizon without a steel wall in the way. Thanks again for your help.

My daughter, son in law and granddaughter just booked a guaranteed balcony cabin on the epic. My husband and I are going on the same cruise(we booked back in October cabin 13159). They have been assigned cabin 8004. She is quite concerned about the cabin. Has anyone stayed in one of these hull cabins? Would anyone have any photos of this cabin or any of the other hull cabins? They got a really good price on the cruise but wondering now if it was the right move. It's their first cruise so would like it to be great. Any input would be great. thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
The pictures were great but then they went away?

hmmm...will have to check

edit: Apparently my photo service is moving their servers. I'll keep an eye out, and if they dont return I'll have to find and repost them

Edited by sdmike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just pulled up this thread to look a the hull balconies but the pictures are not available.

SDMike, if you are around, would you mind posting one or two of those pictures again.

Thanks so much.

Jai

Great idea, I miss the photos as well Mike

Margaret

I may not have those anymore, since I created them and immediately uploaded them to my picture service. I'll look though

Hey SDMike! I just have to share something. I was on NCL.com just a bit ago. We are looking at doing the Epic but it has all been sort of last minute to I am hussling. I never thought I would be on the Epic so never really spent a huge amount of time on the threads.

Anyway... I am on a chat after I had posted on CC to see if you could repost your pictures. I was asking for what is the last hulled balcony on deck 10 - to confirm we would not potentially book one. Anyway, the response that comes back is a copy and paste directly from this thread - your original post!

You are a star!!!:D The go to guy for NCL!

Thanks for all you do!

Jai

Hey SDMike! I just have to share something. I was on NCL.com just a bit ago. We are looking at doing the Epic but it has all been sort of last minute to I am hussling. I never thought I would be on the Epic so never really spent a huge amount of time on the threads.

Anyway... I am on a chat after I had posted on CC to see if you could repost your pictures. I was asking for what is the last hulled balcony on deck 10 - to confirm we would not potentially book one. Anyway, the response that comes back is a copy and paste directly from this thread - your original post!

Thanks for all you do!

Jai

I'm Guilty, I have shared Mikes link a few times :o

Margaret :)

• 4 weeks later...
I

Hi Mike,

A fellow San Diegan here. Thanks for all of your information, it's brilliant.

I have read through your 2 threads re: Epic's balcony rooms/hull balconies, and have Google Imaged several photos of the Epic. but would love your expert opinion. I booked balcony category BD room #11020 and after all my research it appears our room may have made the cut and is NOT a hull cabin.

Can you confirm? :confused:

Thank you, Lori from Santee

Thanks for all you do!

Jai

hahaha. That's hilarious! I'm sure I"m not the only one that has better information than NCL reps have themselves sometimes. :) Thanks for sharing

Hi Mike,

A fellow San Diegan here. Thanks for all of your information, it's brilliant.

I have read through your 2 threads re: Epic's balcony rooms/hull balconies, and have Google Imaged several photos of the Epic. but would love your expert opinion. I booked balcony category BD room #11020 and after all my research it appears our room may have made the cut and is NOT a hull cabin.

Can you confirm? :confused:

Thank you, Lori from Santee

Hi Lori. Yes, 11020 is NOT a hull balcony. You're safe. :)

I hope to recover the neat picture I had of these rooms soon, but my photo provider has moved their servers and I'm still missing thousands of pictures. :(

Mike (from PQ)