Rhapsody Of The Seas dry dock

bowie123

I've been on Voyager for the past week, and disembarked today, so I haven't kept up with this thread for a week or so. I have 8088 for May 11, and I called RCI last Saturday with my concerns. I was told not to worry. Now, today I just called the D+ desk and was told that I still have 8088 and it's on the side....8096 shows unavailable. I was told that a supervisor would be contacted and I will receive a return call tonight....we'll see. I will NOT accept a side JS when I booked an aft corner. It's already past final payment, but I will demand my corner, a full refund, or an upgrade to a GS or higher........I'm probably going to be pee'd off!

I was wondering where you were. If RCI sticks to form, be prepared to be po'd. Send an email to Adam Goldstein; at least you may get a call back where they apologize profusely. What total ineptness...

The D+ rep just called me, and said that the supervisors are extremely busy tonight (wonder why?). At least she called me back, though. She informed me that a supervisor would definitely be calling me tomorrow morning....that doesn't sound promising.....

Um, the new CL is on Deck 11. There aren't any cabins up there...

Jean.........mind showing me a picture of the deck plan, as I have spent more time than I normally would.........but it's for Bobbie's folks.

Deck 8 is also where the Navigation bridge is located. Deck 9 is where the Windjammer........and the new restaruants are being located.

So, um, where do you see the new CL on deck 11???

Rick

Jean.........mind showing me a picture of the deck plan, as I have spent more time than I normally would.........but it's for Bobbie's folks.

Deck 8 is also where the Navigation bridge is located. Deck 9 is where the Windjammer........and the new restaruants are being located.

Rick

Here's the new deck 11:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/decks/RH/2012_2013/rh_deck11_v2012-13.pdf

Bob

Rick

On the RCI website, my dear...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=VC&shipCode=RH&shipProfile=1478&sailDate=1120329&hasNavigation=false

Does anyone know about 7152. Its the aft corner. We booked this cabin 2 years ago mainly because of the wrap around balcony. I cant find any info if its going to change. Anyone heard?

Deck 7 has new cabins but the numbering has not changed as there was an allowance in the old to new deck plans when you compare them! As in they added 5 more cabins mid ship but the numbering on the old plans had skipped numbers where there was the card room and library so when the new cabins got added the sequencing of numbers worked out and no cabin locations moved!!

Deck 8 has significant issues with all JS cabins from mid to aft ship !!!!!

I've been on Voyager for the past week, and disembarked today, so I haven't kept up with this thread for a week or so. I have 8088 for May 11, and I called RCI last Saturday with my concerns. I was told not to worry. Now, today I just called the D+ desk and was told that I still have 8088 and it's on the side....8096 shows unavailable. I was told that a supervisor would be contacted and I will receive a return call tonight....we'll see. I will NOT accept a side JS when I booked an aft corner. It's already past final payment, but I will demand my corner, a full refund, or an upgrade to a GS or higher........I'm probably going to be pee'd off!

RoyalDiamond

I would be very interested to hear if you get an upgrade? Not only have I lost my dead centre aft location I now don't have a sofa bed for a party of 4 and my cabin is located in the spot with an obstructed view!! I have read that they are offering OBC has compensation for their very big error but as far as I'm concerned that is not good enough and I like your idea of an upgrade. Any chance they might offer that?

I know that they released JS suites by mistake and have oversold them so the people who bought the new numbers will be very happy and they are all aft (back of ship) locations. I haven't seen the 10 new superior ocean view with the old numbers go on sale so people would have bought JS and now their number is a superior ocean view .... As they are the type of cabins that have been added mid ship where there was a lounge and c&a study.... So as a new cruiser who has done lots of research before choosing a cabin and then wait listing a being allocated the dead centre aft cabin I'm also NOT happy at all. I have been waiting for a week now for a resolution!!!!! Any advice you could give based on your vast experience would be very much appreciated.....

Deck 7 has new cabins but the numbering has not changed as there was an allowance in the old to new deck plans when you compare them! As in they added 5 more cabins mid ship but the numbering on the old plans had skipped numbers where there was the card room and library so when the new cabins got added the sequencing of numbers worked out and no cabin locations moved!!

Deck 8 has significant issues with all JS cabins from mid to aft ship !!!!!

Interesting, I didn't realize that deck 7 cabin numbers did not change.

Not to defend Royal's incredible lack of attention to detail in this situation, but I'll bet someone looked at deck 7 (without looking at deck 8) and thought it was OK to release the new inventory since the new numbers did not exist before.

I keep asking myself why can't Royal simply contact the new occupants of these renumbered cabins, tell them a mistake was made and move them? Why is this so difficult? One way or another, some people are going to be disappointed. Why make it the ones who have had the cabin for a year? Does not make sense to me.

RoyalDiamond

I would be very interested to hear if you get an upgrade? Not only have I lost my dead centre aft location I now don't have a sofa bed for a party of 4 and my cabin is located in the spot with an obstructed view!! I have read that they are offering OBC has compensation for their very big error but as far as I'm concerned that is not good enough and I like your idea of an upgrade. Any chance they might offer that?

I know that they released JS suites by mistake and have oversold them so the people who bought the new numbers will be very happy and they are all aft (back of ship) locations. I haven't seen the 10 new superior ocean view with the old numbers go on sale so people would have bought JS and now their number is a superior ocean view .... As they are the type of cabins that have been added mid ship where there was a lounge and c&a study.... So as a new cruiser who has done lots of research before choosing a cabin and then wait listing a being allocated the dead centre aft cabin I'm also NOT happy at all. I have been waiting for a week now for a resolution!!!!! Any advice you could give based on your vast experience would be very much appreciated.....

It's Sunday morning, and I am currently waiting for my "promised" phone call from a supervisor. I'll let you know what happens when (if) he or she calls.

What was on Deck 12 before?

I think it was a kind of upper balcony area above the main lounge, where the DJ was.

It was a strange little space. They held the Diamond Event up there and in the landing leading up to it.

I have to wait over a year to check it out....

The D+ rep just called me, and said that the supervisors are extremely busy tonight (wonder why?). At least she called me back, though. She informed me that a supervisor would definitely be calling me tomorrow morning....that doesn't sound promising.....

Well, it's now AFTERNOON and no call yet! I'm not surprized, really. I guess I'll have to call THEM back again and demand some action.....

Well, it's now AFTERNOON and no call yet! I'm not surprized, really. I guess I'll have to call THEM back again and demand some action.....

I called them, and I was told that a supervisor would be contacting me "as soon as call volume permits." So, apparently my issue is not as important to them as other issues right now. Talk about getting the runaround! This is getting ridiculous. I've always received great service from RCI, but this kind of stinks! I've been told they will call TODAY....mm hmm, we'll see.

I called them, and I was told that a supervisor would be contacting me "as soon as call volume permits." So, apparently my issue is not as important to them as other issues right now. Talk about getting the runaround! This is getting ridiculous. I've always received great service from RCI, but this kind of stinks! I've been told they will call TODAY....mm hmm, we'll see.
PLEASE...don't hold your breath waiting for a return phone call.

PLEASE...don't hold your breath waiting for a return phone call.

Well, they actually called! I wasn't holding my breath, or I would have passed out 20some hours ago! LOL. I asked when the "new" 8096 was booked, and she said "quite some time ago." I informed her that was absolutely NOT true, because 8096 NEVER existed on the old deck plans! Someone recently booked it, or moved to it. But, she said they could not get it back. WHY NOT? They moved MY location, so I think the new occupants could be moved. Anyway, she asked if they could send a bottle of wine to our room. After laughing hysterically, I told her that would absolutely NOT suffice. So, she asked how they could make it right. I told her that I'd accept an upgrade to a higher category room. Naturally, she said she has to speak with "revenue management" tomorrow and would get back to me. I'm not too optimisitic, but we'll see......

Well, they actually called! I wasn't holding my breath, or I would have passed out 20some hours ago! LOL. I asked when the "new" 8096 was booked, and she said "quite some time ago." I informed her that was absolutely NOT true, because 8096 NEVER existed on the old deck plans! Someone recently booked it, or moved to it. But, she said they could not get it back. WHY NOT? They moved MY location, so I think the new occupants could be moved. Anyway, she asked if they could send a bottle of wine to our room. After laughing hysterically, I told her that would absolutely NOT suffice. So, she asked how they could make it right. I told her that I'd accept an upgrade to a higher category room. Naturally, she said she has to speak with "revenue management" tomorrow and would get back to me. I'm not too optimisitic, but we'll see......

In this case, I think that you have made a very reasonable request.

To the best of my knowledge, the new layout is not available anywhere accessable to the public. Maybe you can steer me to a website that has it, but Royal Caribbean does not have it on their site, nor do they have it in their "updated" 2012-2013 Cruise booklet.

I was having the same issues with making sure that the Handicaped room (8550) was still the same, and as of last Thursday, I was told that it is. However, no one at Royal Caribbean can prove to me, on a layout, that it's truly there.

Rick

Wow...a bottle of wine ?????? Too bad it wasn't a video link. I would love to have known if she said it with a straight face.

Good luck.

Thanks for reporting back. I'm speechless at them offering a bottle of wine for your loss.

In this case, I think that you have made a very reasonable request.

To the best of my knowledge, the new layout is not available anywhere accessable to the public. Maybe you can steer me to a website that has it, but Royal Caribbean does not have it on their site, nor do they have it in their "updated" 2012-2013 Cruise booklet.

I was having the same issues with making sure that the Handicaped room (8550) was still the same, and as of last Thursday, I was told that it is. However, no one at Royal Caribbean can prove to me, on a layout, that it's truly there.

Rick

Actually, Royal's website is finally updated. The new deck plans are published there!

Actually, Royal's website is finally updated. The new deck plans are published there!

Can you tell me when they were updated, because as of last Thursday, they were not.

Thanks,

Rick

PS.......where are you getting this information from?? I just went onto the Royal Caribbean Website, went to ships, to Rhapsody of the Seas, deckplans, deck 8 and there are still staterooms showing where the Concierge Lounge is supposed to be.

So, where are you getting your information???

Rick

Can you tell me when they were updated, because as of last Thursday, they were not.

Thanks,

Rick

PS.......where are you getting this information from?? I just went onto the Royal Caribbean Website, went to ships, to Rhapsody of the Seas, deckplans, deck 8 and there are still staterooms showing where the Concierge Lounge is supposed to be.

So, where are you getting your information???

Rick

When I go to Royal's website, click on Ships, then Rhapsody, the new deckplans come up for me. Initially, I had to click on "printable version" of the deckplan, but now it comes up normally for me. It also comes up if I go through the process of booking a cruise, but do not actually complete the booking process. I checked, and 8550 does show as an accessable room. The concierge lounge will actually be on deck 11, and the diamond lounge on deck 6.

And I posted in haste, as I see that they have re numbered the staterooms, and the one that you thought was a back corner is now on the side....and worse yet, it's adjoining!

I do believe that Royal owes you......big time!

Rick

Archived