Rhapsody Of The Seas dry dock

bowie123

Can you tell me when they were updated, because as of last Thursday, they were not.

Thanks,

Rick

PS.......where are you getting this information from?? I just went onto the Royal Caribbean Website, went to ships, to Rhapsody of the Seas, deckplans, deck 8 and there are still staterooms showing where the Concierge Lounge is supposed to be.

So, where are you getting your information???

Rick

The CL is not on deck 8, it's up on deck 11 in the Viking Crown area.

They removed the lounge and study from deck 8 around the centrum and put in OV staterooms.

Bob

Can you tell me when they were updated, because as of last Thursday, they were not.

Thanks,

Rick

PS.......where are you getting this information from?? I just went onto the Royal Caribbean Website, went to ships, to Rhapsody of the Seas, deckplans, deck 8 and there are still staterooms showing where the Concierge Lounge is supposed to be.

So, where are you getting your information???

Rick

8550 is still an accessible cabin on the updated plans, no worries.

The deck plans on the RCI website were updated on Feb 24 and 25. For reasons only known to the World's Worst IT department, they didn't do them all in one day. I only know this because I was checking obsessively to see if my cabin had been moved. it had, but I was able to get it back.

But when I called C&A, the rep pulled up my reservation and the old deck plan was showing. :confused::confused: I had her to a mock booking and she figured out what I was talking about.

But the CL isn't going to be in Deck 8 the way it is on Enchantment. They're going to break up the VCL to put it on Deck 11.

8550 is still an accessible cabin on the updated plans, no worries.

The deck plans on the RCI website were updated on Feb 24 and 25. For reasons only known to the World's Worst IT department, they didn't do them all in one day. I only know this because I was checking obsessively to see if my cabin had been moved. it had, but I was able to get it back.

But when I called C&A, the rep pulled up my reservation and the old deck plan was showing. :confused::confused: I had her to a mock booking and she figured out what I was talking about.

But the CL isn't going to be in Deck 8 the way it is on Enchantment. They're going to break up the VCL to put it on Deck 11.

Jean........this is what C&A told me on Thrusday...........of last week.

The CL would be put next to 8550, eleminating the 5 existing cabins.

So, I'm being lied to .........once again, by RCCL.

I'm beginning to start a focus on other cruise lines, as RCCL does not have their act together.......at all.

I now have been lied to.

Enjoy spending your money with them..........I'll stick around if I can find a way to get Stiengold fired! That man is worthless........as is their website.

Rick

Edited to say.......Jean.....you are much smarter than I am........and also many that work for the C&A department of RCCL

Glad that you got your cabin. I followed your instructiions to find the CL as part of the VCL. Thank you for your help.......and hopefully that is where it will stay. No one with C&A told me that it would be there........but just ahead of 8550 on deck 8.

Idiots!

Jean........this is what C&A told me on Thrusday...........of last week.

The CL would be put next to 8550, eleminating the 5 existing cabins.

So, I'm being lied to .........once again, by RCCL.

I'm beginning to start a focus on other cruise lines, as RCCL does not have their act together.......at all.

I now have been lied to.

Enjoy spending your money with them..........I'll stick around if I can find a way to get Stiengold fired! That man is worthless........as is their website.

Rick

Edited to say.......Jean.....you are much smarter than I am........and also many that work for the C&A department of RCCL

Glad that you got your cabin. I followed your instructiions to find the CL as part of the VCL. Thank you for your help.......and hopefully that is where it will stay. No one with C&A told me that it would be there........but just ahead of 8550 on deck 8.

Idiots!

You got that right, bro. I think Enchantment's CL is on Deck 8, but Splendour's is on Deck 4 or 5, so there's no consistency in design - they'll just put them where they fit.

Well, they actually called! I wasn't holding my breath, or I would have passed out 20some hours ago! LOL. I asked when the "new" 8096 was booked, and she said "quite some time ago." I informed her that was absolutely NOT true, because 8096 NEVER existed on the old deck plans! Someone recently booked it, or moved to it. But, she said they could not get it back. WHY NOT? They moved MY location, so I think the new occupants could be moved. Anyway, she asked if they could send a bottle of wine to our room. After laughing hysterically, I told her that would absolutely NOT suffice. So, she asked how they could make it right. I told her that I'd accept an upgrade to a higher category room. Naturally, she said she has to speak with "revenue management" tomorrow and would get back to me. I'm not too optimisitic, but we'll see......

Bill

Thanks for the update .... I'm still waiting too!!!

Well, they actually called! I wasn't holding my breath, or I would have passed out 20some hours ago! LOL. I asked when the "new" 8096 was booked, and she said "quite some time ago." I informed her that was absolutely NOT true, because 8096 NEVER existed on the old deck plans! Someone recently booked it, or moved to it. But, she said they could not get it back. WHY NOT? They moved MY location, so I think the new occupants could be moved. Anyway, she asked if they could send a bottle of wine to our room. After laughing hysterically, I told her that would absolutely NOT suffice. So, she asked how they could make it right. I told her that I'd accept an upgrade to a higher category room. Naturally, she said she has to speak with "revenue management" tomorrow and would get back to me. I'm not too optimisitic, but we'll see......

UPDATE.....I just received another call....Somehow, they were able to get us into 8596, the other aft corner JS. I don't know what they did with the occupants of that cabin, but I'm happy again! YAY. I knew they didn't want to upgrade us, since the only thing available better than a JS is one OS....

UPDATE.....I just received another call....Somehow, they were able to get us into 8596, the other aft corner JS. I don't know what they did with the occupants of that cabin, but I'm happy again! YAY. I knew they didn't want to upgrade us, since the only thing available better than a JS is one OS....
Congratulations. Sure beats a bottle of wine, doesn't it.:D

Glad to hear it worked out for you! Thanks for the update.

Bob

I'm curious. Did you ask how they got from the email they sent to you, where they assured you that your cabin location would not change, to your most message from them that your cabin has been sold out from under you, and they're sorry ? I think Ripley would have problems believing this mess.:mad:

I am happy to report that I rec'd a call today (as promised) from RCCL and I have my corner aft back! I also have an updated reservation with the new cabin number of 8096.

UPDATE.....I just received another call....Somehow, they were able to get us into 8596, the other aft corner JS. I don't know what they did with the occupants of that cabin,

...Gave them your bottle of wine? ;-)

I am happy to report that I rec'd a call today (as promised) from RCCL and I have my corner aft back! I also have an updated reservation with the new cabin number of 8096.

I'm really encouraged that Royal seems to be making things right.

Glad to hear .... No news for my aft cabin ... But when I logged into 'my cruises' and looked at my purchased cruises they have added a PDF copy of deck 8 for 2012/13 next to my cabin number and of course reflects the new deck plans which puts me in the location with the obstructed view and no sofa bed? So perhaps something is happening - well I hope s anyway!!!!

I was checking my booking in hope that I have been allocated the new cabin number ie. 8102!!!

Anyone know why they would do this ?????

Glad to hear .... No news for my aft cabin ... But when I logged into 'my cruises' and looked at my purchased cruises they have added a PDF copy of deck 8 for 2012/13 next to my cabin number and of course reflects the new deck plans which puts me in the location with the obstructed view and no sofa bed? So perhaps something is happening - well I hope s anyway!!!!

I was checking my booking in hope that I have been allocated the new cabin number ie. 8102!!!

Anyone know why they would do this ?????

Did you book with RCCL in Australia?? If you did I have the name and number (somewhere!) for the person who phoned me from the Sydney office re the change in our cabin number.......

Jane

Did you book with RCCL in Australia?? If you did I have the name and number (somewhere!) for the person who phoned me from the Sydney office re the change in our cabin number.......

Jane

Hey Jane

I booked through a TA but have spoken to a supervisor called Clarissa or Larissa at RCI Sydney who said Jonathon is the Manager fixing the problem ... That was last Friday!!!!

Given my cruise is in October I figure that they are probably fixing the first cruises after dry dock before they deal with mine.... Although I was told it was in the urgent pile!!! Not sure how urgent though.

If you can find the name and number then I would love to have it because I will give the until fridaynthis week before I call again.

Cheers aleisha

Hey Jane

I booked through a TA but have spoken to a supervisor called Clarissa or Larissa at RCI Sydney who said Jonathon is the Manager fixing the problem ... That was last Friday!!!!

Given my cruise is in October I figure that they are probably fixing the first cruises after dry dock before they deal with mine.... Although I was told it was in the urgent pile!!! Not sure how urgent though.

If you can find the name and number then I would love to have it because I will give the until fridaynthis week before I call again.

Cheers aleisha

Aleisha, it was Jonathan who phoned me - if you send me an email at cassecca at hotmail dot com I will send it through!

Jane

When I got my cell number, I was given one with 8088 as the final four digits. I thought "Great, I can remember that. 8088 on the Rhapsody is one of my all time favorite cabins." Do I need to call AT&T and have it changed to 8096? :)

The largest project ever in Singapore yard is now underway (some of the changes started even before being drydocked this week), with over 800 workers doing major changes, including removing atrium sculpture.

The changes on the royalcaribbean.com website for Rhapsody show:

COMING SOON

Stateroom amenities such as flat screen televisions, new bathrooms and completely remodeled interiors, including new linens and furniture

COMING SOON

iPads in every stateroom that will allow guests to access the daily Cruise Compass of events and activities; personal daily itineraries, including shore excursions; monitor their onboard account; order room service; view restaurant menus; access the Internet; and watch movies

COMING SOON

Poolside, outdoor movie screen

COMING SOON

Concierge Club and Diamond Lounge*

*Concierge Club reserved for Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members, and select suite guests. Diamond Lounge available for Diamond and above tier level members.

Even stranger is that the site shows no availability on both the March 29 cruise from Singapore and the April 13 cruise from Sydney. The person who handled "chat" just responded that nothing is available and ended the chat without even a "Cheerio" or "Peace be with you" sign off :--)

So, if it's sold out we should have quite a fun cruise - but I think that is a rare thing to sell all repositioning cruise cabins a month before sailing.

Aloha, Peace Be With You, Cheerio and Party On!, You Animals :--)

Even stranger is that the site shows no availability on both the March 29 cruise from Singapore and the April 13 cruise from Sydney. The person who handled "chat" just responded that nothing is available and ended the chat without even a "Cheerio" or "Peace be with you" sign off :--)

So, if it's sold out we should have quite a fun cruise - but I think that is a rare thing to sell all repositioning cruise cabins a month before sailing.

Aloha, Peace Be With You, Cheerio and Party On!, You Animals :--)

Our cruise(departing 29th) has been sold out for quite some time now!!!! In Aus it really isn't uncommon for cruises to sell out a good month or two, at least in advance!

It seems she may be getting a ducktail like Splendour. If you look at the second to last picture, the one with the propeller in it, that looks like new steel being fitted in the top right.

Archived