Rhapsody Of The Seas dry dock

bowie123

I definitely sympathize with Bill. We have lost our cabin on the 6-1-12 sailing of the Rhapsody and I don't see any resolution in sight. We have made dozen of calls and the only answer we receive is "you are on the waiting list and we will call if something becomes available, but the changes to the ship will be wonderful". Personally, I really am not that concerned about the ships changes. I am more concerned with the customer service, or lack thereof, that we have seen so far. We were switching favorite cruise lines for this special occasion and they are going to have to work three times as hard to make up for the deficits that we have experienced so far. I was very excited about my aft for several months. Right now I am very concerned about the fact that we have had to move my parents further from the elevator area so that their granddaughter would be able to cruise with the rest of the family. Oh well,I guess I will hope for calm sees and pain tolerance from my father. I just hope they have an excellent time.
I also hope your entire family has an excellent time. You've certainly earned that.

I have no doubt that the crew will attempt to clean up for Miami's mistakes. On our last cruise on Serenade, the head waiter made a point to come to our table each night, and see how things were going. Seems a couple of our table mates had some problems on a previous cruise, and Miami had made Serenade's crew aware of it. For the entire week, we could not believe the remarkable service we received.

I hear Rhapsody's crew is also very good. Lets all hope so.

Does anyone know which new outside cabins have the Thanks for the help!

We are in one of the "new" outside cabins. Anxious to know also. just waiting for the current cruise to finish so we can get an update.

I hear Rhapsody's crew is also very good. Lets all hope so.

I've been reading this thread because we were on Rhapsody last September and I am curious to read about her changes. But after pages and pages of these "lost cabin" stories, I'm horrified at the lack of customer service that RCCL is showing to its loyal customers. I am very sorry to all of you who are experiencing this. Like many of you, I had booked a corner aft balcony (7152, which doesn't seem to be affected by the redo). If we had been bumped, I would have been furious.

To answer your concern: Rhapsody's staff is outstanding! There's something about the smaller ships that make the crew feel more like family. Or maybe that's just me. But we had an excellent experience with them. I feel bad that THEY will have to endure the wrath of these "lost cabin" stories when unsuspecting guests board for the first time.

I've been reading this thread because we were on Rhapsody last September and I am curious to read about her changes. But after pages and pages of these "lost cabin" stories, I'm horrified at the lack of customer service that RCCL is showing to its loyal customers. I am very sorry to all of you who are experiencing this. Like many of you, I had booked a corner aft balcony (7152, which doesn't seem to be affected by the redo). If we had been bumped, I would have been furious.

To answer your concern: Rhapsody's staff is outstanding! There's something about the smaller ships that make the crew feel more like family. Or maybe that's just me. But we had an excellent experience with them. I feel bad that THEY will have to endure the wrath of these "lost cabin" stories when unsuspecting guests board for the first time.

Here is a link to have a look at the Rhapsody http://www.facebook.com/royalcaribbean,you will see what they are doing 28 pictures .A large flat tv screen in the pool area .

Thanks for the information. I agree with you about the smaller ships. The service is much more personal.

Here is a link to have a look at the Rhapsody www.facebook.com/royalcaribbean,you will see what they are doing 28 pictures .A large flat tv screen in the pool area .

Thank you for the link. It's interesting to see what they did to her.

To be honest, she looked like she was in pretty good condition when we sailed her. Our TV was dated, and we did notice some small rust holes through the floor on the pool deck near the windows (we could see the ocean through the floor! :eek:), but overall I thought it was a beautiful ship and had no real signs of wear and tear.

The staff was amazing! Always smiling, always helpful. They just adored our 4yo, too, and gave him a ton of attention. I cannot say enough good things about her crew.

Thank you for the link. It's interesting to see what they did to her.

To be honest, she looked like she was in pretty good condition when we sailed her. Our TV was dated, and we did notice some small rust holes through the floor on the pool deck near the windows (we could see the ocean through the floor! :eek:), but overall I thought it was a beautiful ship and had no real signs of wear and tear.

The staff was amazing! Always smiling, always helpful. They just adored our 4yo, too, and gave him a ton of attention. I cannot say enough good things about her crew.

To see the ocean through the floor now, there is an extra charge.:p

It's not just you - it's me, too! The first time we cruised on Rhapsody we chatted quite a bit with a bar server who was on his first contract. He said that he was quite homesick at first, but that the rest of the crew went out of their way to make him feel as if he was at home onboard. They do that for the passengers, too. There's a warmth and friendlieness that IMO can't be faked.

• 2 weeks later...
So.....now, my corner aft 8088 is no longer a corner aft. Aaarrrggghhhhhhhh!!!!!

So what are you doing to get it back. Happened to us and RCL gave our AFT cabin to someone who booked after us. Told me they have a right to do whatever they choose, whenever they choose. Very upset.

So what are you doing to get it back. Happened to us and RCL gave our AFT cabin to someone who booked after us. Told me they have a right to do whatever they choose, whenever they choose. Very upset.

Bigcat47, I wish I had the perfect words of wisdom to share with you, but unfortunately, after many many phone calls of frustration to both RCCL and our TA we are still in the same boat (ha, ha). The only response that we have received from RCCL is that we are on a waiting list and if an aft cabin happens to become available they will give us a call. Sure that is going to happen. Seven aft cabins on deck 8, one of which is taken by our party. I just don't see that happening any time soon. I wish you much better luck than we are experiencing. If you happen to talk to someone who sees the unfairness of the whole situation please let me know.

I also hope your entire family has an excellent time. You've certainly earned that.

I have no doubt that the crew will attempt to clean up for Miami's mistakes. On our last cruise on Serenade, the head waiter made a point to come to our table each night, and see how things were going.

Bill, thank you very much for the well wishes. I am trying to have a positive attitude. It seems a shame that the crew will have to try and make the passengers feel better after all this. That should definitely be the responsibility of the customer service department before we leave. Perhaps i just didn't have enough RCCL cruises under my name to warrant the correct amount of attention. I don't believe that I will ever get there after all this. Any of the other cruise lines seem to be a better option at this point.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Because I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to these forums, we have ended up on a Radiance thread. But we go to Alaska on Rhapsody. So, is it likely we'll be able to swim when it's still very chilly? What specialty restaurants are really worth the extra dough? Anyone do any interesting tours that you set up on your own, not the ship excursions? What secrets about the ship or any of the ports can you share with us All tips will be appreciated! We returned a month ago from Celebrity Equinox to the Caribbean- our first cruise! And here we are again, but this time joining our daughther and her husband who are coming all the way from their home in Israel for this cruise! Can't wait. Haven't seen them in almost two years!

We are traveling with teens to Alaska on Rhapsody June 15th. Are the outside pools that they are allowed in heated? Is there a baseketball court?

Not sure if the pools are heated but sorry, there's no basketball court on Rhapsody of the Seas.:(

• 9 months later...

First post on this forum.

I am booked on Rhapsody of the Seas for a cruise in February 2014. I would like to know if anyone has knowledge or experience of the new cabins which were created on Deck 8. These are the Panoramic Oceanview Staterooms - Category F (8042,44,46,48 and 8542,44,46,48). These cabins are also on Deck 7. The RCI website is very lacking in information regaring thse cabins.

Looking forward to reply

First post on this forum.

I am booked on Rhapsody of the Seas for a cruise in February 2014. I would like to know if anyone has knowledge or experience of the new cabins which were created on Deck 8. These are the Panoramic Oceanview Staterooms - Category F (8042,44,46,48 and 8542,44,46,48). These cabins are also on Deck 7. The RCI website is very lacking in information regaring thse cabins.

Looking forward to reply

Here are some photos someone posted from Grandeur, which will be similar to Rhapsody.

Cabin8539Window.jpg

Cabin8539.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I was shown inside 3 of these rooms a couple of weeks ago. All 3 had the bed by the bathroom and the sofa by the window. Contrary to what the website states, only deck 8 has ceiling to floor windows. Deck 7 rooms have a window sill that is at seat height but wide enough to set a carry on suitcase. The closets are totally weird and I would find them unacceptable. They aren't deep enough to hang clothes normally. Items must be hung back to front - stacked. Maybe it's better for viewing than a regular OV in Alaska. But I wouldn't take one because of the closet alone. I like my bed on the far side of the room, too.

Archived