Allure - Boardwalk balcony - upper or lower deck?

theblueeyz

I've been trying to figure out if it's generally better to book a cabin on an upper or lower deck. I've already booked a cruise for the Allure on January 3, on deck 14. I've been wondering whether the lower decks (8-9) are generally regarded as better than the upper decks, though, and why.

How in the world do I find discriminating factors for a choice like this?

I think that for the Boardwalk cabins, deck 10 is the best. You're right in the middle, so you still have a great view, not too high, on the Boardwalk. Try and get a cabin close to the aft of the ship and you should also get a pretty good ocean view as well, and a good view of the aqua shows.

I have been in Boardwalk balcony 3 times...twice on deck 10 3 cabins from the aft and one time on deck 11.

While I liked deck 11 because of it's proximity to the large public balcony and it was down the hall from the Concierge Lounge I still thought deck 10 was slightly better for views.

I would not book deck 14. Too high up and right under the sports deck area.

I would go with 9 or 10.

We were on deck 9, next to last on starboard side. It was a great view, but I would not book the Boardwalk again. If I am going to book and pay for a balcony, I will definitely get an oceanview balcony. We did Oasis in an oceanview facing balcony, then the next week, we did the Allure in a Boardwalk balcony. I missed the peacefulness of the ocean. There wasn't that much going on at the Boardwalk to watch. When the captain did his show, it was hard to understand what he was saying, voices were garbled. Movies at night and entertainment were just ok. Some people love the Boardwalk and Central Park locations, but it's not for me. I prefer the oceanview facing balconies. Glad I tried it once, but would not stay in them again. JMHO.

We were on deck 9, next to last on starboard side. It was a great view, but I would not book the Boardwalk again. If I am going to book and pay for a balcony, I will definitely get an oceanview balcony. We did Oasis in an oceanview facing balcony, then the next week, we did the Allure in a Boardwalk balcony. I missed the peacefulness of the ocean. There wasn't that much going on at the Boardwalk to watch. When the captain did his show, it was hard to understand what he was saying, voices were garbled. Movies at night and entertainment were just ok. Some people love the Boardwalk and Central Park locations, but it's not for me. I prefer the oceanview facing balconies. Glad I tried it once, but would not stay in them again. JMHO.

Agree !

Jimbo:)

Take a look at this photo. Maybe that will help. :eek:

Great picture. It demonstrates well that if you book too low the Aqua Threater will block your ocean views and if you book too high that "bridge" over the stern will block your views. Of course, if you want a real ocean view balcony then I guess anywhere on the Boarwalk would not be considered "prime" real estate so maybe it is a moot point.

We just got off the Allure. We had the 3 furthest aft cabins on deck 11. We loved them. We had the sliders opened between the three and enjoyed the people watching and shows AND great views of the ocean. We also liked to walk out of the room and enjoy the big public balcony next door. We only saw 2 other people on it the entire time we were on the ship!

great to hear I have 11329, 11327, 11325 for next year.

I love these cabins as well. I save the 'ocean view 'balconies for the 'other' RCI ships. Have stayed in 11327 on Allure in Sept. FYI the bed in all of these cabins is closest to the balcony door. For me it is preferred to the closet location. :)

great to hear I have 11329, 11327, 11325 for next year.

We had 11729, 11727 and 11725 and LOVED them! We would maybe go one deck lower, but only if deck 10 has the public balcony. If not we would do these cabins again in a heartbeat!

Regarding the bed location you may find this interesting.

11729 (furthest AFT cabin) the bed in by the closet. There is a full size couch in the room.

11727 the bed is by the balcony and there is a LOVESEAT size couch next to the closet.

11725 is the same as 727. Had we known this we would have switched our kids around because our daughter and her husband were in 725 and had a pack and play set up as a crib. They could have had a bit more space with a loveseat rather than full size couch in the cabin.

Archived