Bahamas in January?

mszpolaris

Our cruise stops in the bahamas the first week of january. I've looked at the weather to see the averages but I want to know personal experiences on how hot it is down there :D

How warm was it? How was the water? Were you still able to get a tan?

Thank you! :D

I was down there last winter, the water was to cold for me, but a few brave hearts went swimming.We did not suntan, but the weather was pleasant.I would take a shaw or light sweater in the event it got windy. Go and have a great trip!

Bahamas are just east of the coast of Fla and not as far south as most islands. We've been several times in Jan and Feb. Sometimes it's been just around 70 (if there's a cold front in the area) and sometimes it's been in the mid-80's. There really is no way to know now what the conditions are going to be in January. If it's sunny, even if it's 70-ish you should have no problem working on your tan, though it might be a bit cool and you won't want to go into the water. If it's cloudy, 70-ish is going to feel a bit cool and not ideal beach weather. The water temp should be around 70-ish, but it's going to feel chilly when you get out. If the air temp is closer to mid 80's......no problem.

I went to the Bahamas in January and the water was a bit too chilly for me. However, there were many people in the water and there was plenty of sun. So we just enjoyed the sun and was able to get a tan! The weather was really wonderful! Guess it just depends on what it's like at the time you go (sunny or not) and if you want to get in the water or not. Enjoy... :)

I think it depends where you are from....

We lived in NJ for years and thought the weather is warm enough for swimming if it was in the low 70's....After living in FL for a year, we felt it had to be at least in the low 80's to consider the beach.

Barbara

Archived