favourite foods from the free dining resturants?

nikimouse

Hi everyone, Ive been reading posts about favourite fee paying resturants but would like to know whats good to eat for FREE?

whats your favourite FREE dining venue?

whats your favourite FREE thing to eat?

Any other tips I should know about?

I hope I dont have to pay extra to eat everyday and I dont mind buffets and bbq's, nor am I a picky eater, just not keen on seafood or anything raw.

Help me find something great to eat :)

Hi everyone, Ive been reading posts about favourite fee paying resturants but would like to know whats good to eat for FREE?

whats your favourite FREE dining venue?

whats your favourite FREE thing to eat?

Any other tips I should know about?

I hope I dont have to pay extra to eat everyday and I dont mind buffets and bbq's, nor am I a picky eater, just not keen on seafood or anything raw.

Help me find something great to eat :)

For me I like the Prime Rib that's served one evening in the Main dining room....mmmm.

Love the fish and chips, and brownie sundae from the Blue Lagoon.

I'm sure you'll find plenty of excellent food to eat everyday in the dining rooms, and not have to eat at the pay restaurants. The food to me is just as appealing in the Main Dining rooms that are free.......but I like the Specialty restaurants for their ambiance (they are much smaller and the service is more personal and relaxed).

thanks!! I love brownie sundae!

I think I will try ALL of the free venues, and maybe 1 of the speciality resturants.

Forming your own opinion on the food is best, people have such different expectations and tastes. What's good to me may not be appealing to others.;)

Of course the Blue Lagoon also serves cheesecake, and another strawberry dessert...but I've never gotten past the brownie sundae.

The two main dining rooms have similar, but not the same menus each evening....and they are posted after lunch. Check out the menu before you make a reservation at the Specialty restaurant. Don't rule out stopping by the buffet in the evening and looking over the selections there as well.

I always find NCL breads and pastries to be great. Some of their chilled soups are super good...some flavors I don't personally care for. Custom breakfast omlets from the Great Outdoors or other grills I love for breakfast. Actually, you just need to try all the many free eating options. There has to be something, many things you will like. The great variety will provide something for everyone, and everyone will see some things that they personally don't care for.

The design your own crepe station in the buffet. Crepes with apple filling, a drizzle of caramel and some vanilla ice cream all melty on top. Yummo!

On the America they had the "smear" which was essentially the "innards" from a cinnamon roll...combine that with cream cheese filling...YUM!

I had lunch on the Sky (can't remember if it was GSC day or Nassau) and they had a quite yummy Philly Steak sandwich. Made with Whiz!

I also had a delicious appetizer the first night in the Palace dining room that was puff pastry, cheese, pesto, spinach (I think I am remembering this wrong....) But whatever it was was delicious!!

If someone could help refresh me memory on that last one I'd appreciate it :)

-Blue Lagoon's fish & chips (although the mashed peas that come along with it... not so much). But since you don't like seafood, this might not be the best option.

-The crepe station in the buffet (my favorite: grab a banana, slice it up, have them add it to your crepe instead of a filling, then douse in chocolate and whipped cream). We had crepes almost everyday (tea time!), and then ate dinner elsewhere. Also, the little chocolate croissants at breakfast, and the grilled chicken at lunch and dinner (found with the hamburgers)-- I enjoyed making chicken sandwiches and liked how it was never dry. Also proved to be a nice quick lunch I could take with me and eat outside.

-The spring roll with sweet chili sauce appetizer in the main dining rooms, along with the mushroom and cheese quesadilla type appetizer. The key lime pie (in the main dining rooms and the buffet) is terrific, but they only serve it once or twice during the week. The 'chocolate decadence' in the main dining rooms was also quite good.

In Aqua on the Star one night they had a Potato Gnocci with a Pumkin Sage Cream sauce that was amazing! I also thought the Carbonara from the anytime menu was quite spectacular. It was only missing the parmesan cheese bowl from our Princess cruises :cool:

My husband loved the red snapper that was served with the Lobster the first night in Versailles.

I was actually more impressed with the pastas and the creativity of their Vegetarian offerings than the other meat/poultry/fish dishes on the menu and I normally avoid vegetarian like the plague, LOL.

Chocolate crossaints!

Try out the chocolate fondue also at the crepery. You can get fruit/dried fruit/nuts from the regular buffet line and they will dip it for you.

My son and husband love the fish and chips from O'Sheehan's/Blue Lagoon/Sports Bar. I have heard great things about the chicken pot pie also but have never tried.

LeBistro -- the filet mignon and that potato side dish. Get it every time. Never gets old.

On the Epic, we ate one dinner in the main dining room and I ordered a pork tenderloin main entree that was one of the top five meals I have ever had on a ship. It was beyond delicious.

Archived