Oh No! Not the Discount Question Again..

cherylandtk

I've emailed Alan Wilson, editor of Cruise News Daily, and asked him to look into this. He said this is the first he's heard of the change and has promised to check with Princess. The answer will be in Cruise News Daily after he gets the answer directly from Princess. If you don't subscribe, I strongly recommend this daily (weekdays) emailed newsletter. Lots of good cruise information. :)

Can you post the answer when they get it?

..... The answer will be in Cruise News Daily after he gets the answer directly from Princess. If you don't subscribe, I strongly recommend this daily (weekdays) emailed newsletter. Lots of good cruise information. :)

Pam - I went to the CruiseNewsDaily dot com website but could not find anywhere to sign up for the daily newsletter... as you said, lots of good info on the website - except for how to get the newsletter.

Pam - I went to the CruiseNewsDaily dot com website but could not find anywhere to sign up for the daily newsletter... as you said, lots of good info on the website - except for how to get the newsletter.

It is a paid subscription. Email this address for more info: subscriptions@cruisenewsdaily.com

I used to subscribe but stopped several years ago.

Anything that Alan writes in his daily newsletter is copyrighted and can't be posted. Sometimes he posts entire articles to the public on his website.

Can you post the answer when they get it?
I'll post something that doesn't violate his copyright. The newsletter is sent at night (Pacific time) so I doubt there will be anything until tonight. Also, it depends on how fast Princess gets back to him. I sent him copies of both emails so he knows what the opposite messages people are getting.

I called my TA this morning and it is a large one. They told me that Princess has not informed them of any changes in their policy and that it is "business as usual." I don't know if that constitutes a "non-denial, denial" and I would have much rather heard that there would be no changes.

Who knows? There's lots of differences of opinions here in this blog and so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Ditto on the above message of "we have not been informed of any changes and I will contact you if we do". I'm 3 weeks from leaving for a cruise and I have told her to rearrange a 2012 Asian cruise that I have booked if major changes come down the line.

My TA thinks it is coming but not just yet!:eek::(

She said that when Carnival changed the policy there was about a 3 day warning. This is a large on-line agency and I have 25 cruises bought by my family with this agent and she will play nice with me. (besides she is a sweetie:) )

My TA thinks it is coming but not just yet!:eek::(

She said that when Carnival changed the policy there was about a 3 day warning. This is a large on-line agency and I have 25 cruises bought by my family with this agent and she will play nice with me. (besides she is a sweetie:) )

Carnival gave several months for the warning. Maybe it was a 3 day warning on specifically what you could and could not do but there was quite a bit of notice about changes in discounting.

Similar to this, Princess notified TAs awhile ago about the January 1st change but no one knows exactly how it will be handled.

OK, the Cruise News Daily article has been sent to subscribers. Here's the scoop, which has been verified with the policy makers at Princess, not just someone who knows someone or is "in the know."

The new policy going into effect is an ADVERTISING policy, not a pricing policy.

-- TAs cannot advertise discounts and there's a limit on what value-added incentives they can advertise.

-- TAs can continue to discount and add incentives directly with their clients. Business as usual.

-- The TAs sending scare emails that they won't be able to discount Princess cruises as of January are 100% wrong.

Again, I recommend Cruise News Daily. :)

This is exactly in line with what my TA indicated..

OK, the Cruise News Daily article has been sent to subscribers. Here's the scoop, which has been verified with the policy makers at Princess, not just someone who knows someone or is "in the know."

The new policy going into effect is an ADVERTISING policy, not a pricing policy.

-- TAs cannot advertise discounts and there's a limit on what value-added incentives they can advertise.

-- TAs can continue to discount and add incentives directly with their clients. Business as usual.

-- The TAs sending scare emails that they won't be able to discount Princess cruises as of January are 100% wrong.

Again, I recommend Cruise News Daily. :)

Thank you very much, Pam. I'm the opposite of a freaker-outer (well, except about the possibility of the ship running out of gin while at sea -- oh, the nightmares I've had . . . ) but this rumor had me very concerned about my future cruising.

Archived