Celebrity suite

swh&cv

We had a CS on Connie for a 15-day Hawaii round-trip San Diego in March, 2010. We loved it all...the proximity to midships elevators, pool deck close by, great room steward, lots of freebies, dark, quiet separate bedroom.

Our cabin steward was super helpful in getting us lots of extra for three happy hours we hosted for about 20 friends during three sea days.

We really splurged on the suite for that cruise -- our first in retirement -- but are very glad we did it. And since four of the eight sea days were in the colder Pacific waters near the mainland, it was too cool to use a verandah.

Mike

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=28.481546,-81.397232

Had one on a 14 night Baltic cruise on the Connie (no balcony) and LOVED it! Have one booked on the Equinox in April/May for 11 night eastern Med so will be the first time in one on an S Class ship. Am hopeful it will be a repeat stellar experience of the first one. That said, from photos I've seen I think we're going to miss the even bigger living room (and no dining area) space found on the M Class ships. Hoping that the large verandah will make up for it, though. I'm willing to "suffer" to find out. ;)

I say go for it! :D

We had one recently on the solstice it was an amazing suite! If you book one make sure to get one with a hump angled balcony it's at least twice as large as the standard CS. We had 1233 and loved it!

We have 1233 booked on Equinox in the spring. Can't wait! :D

(BTW, did you have any problem with smoke wafting its way onto the verandah at all?)

We had one on the Solstice last year. Can't remember the suite #, but it is on the port side with the super large angled balcony. My traveling companion had only cruised one other time and said after the Celebrity Suite, he would never, ever cruise in a regular cabin again. I found the bathroom to be small compared to the bathrooms in suites on RCCL (Grand and Owners suites), but that is not, in any way, a deal breaker. Tons of storage space, separate living room and bedroom, butler service, very very nice. Would sail in one again in a heartbeat.

we do have a room on an angle..........1615!

Congrats on booking one! :D Want to make sure you are aware that you "might" hear noise from the pool deck above your suite, in case you're sensitive in that way (some people hear it, some don't).

1665 on the silhouette was a corner aft suite, it was also 2 decks below the buffet area. i never heard anything beyond just some rare chatter of people during sailaways (where they tend to gather at the aft part of deck 14 to bid aideu to the ports). otherwise i never heard any noise whatsoever

Which ship. We stayed in a CS on the Infinity prior to it having a veranda and loved it. We were sailing around S. America so you didn't want to be outside because it was too cold. We would love to stay in one again - with or without veranda.

wait!! they added veranda's to the CS's on M class? WOW,, where have I been? Holy Shmoly, just looked at a deck plan. that would be my dream cabin..

I've posted this link before. There are some really nice shots of 1110 on Solstice (one on the angle) taken by poster XCruiser here:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=2704f6628494b33e&sc=photos&ref=2&id=2704F6628494B33E%213524&sff=1

Phil

Now I'm excited! We have cabin 111 booked for the repositing cruise from Sydney to Hawaii and then from Hawaii to Ensenada in April 2013. Phil, thanks for posting these. :D :D :D

Garry

there are 2 floors between our suite and the pool.

My bad. :o (I was actually looking at Equinox which has less cabins than Reflection on that deck to begin with but even so, 1615 on Equinox does sit below another cabin and I didn't have the two decks aligned right when I was looking)

ENJOY!!!!

We have 1233 booked on Equinox in the spring. Can't wait! :D

(BTW, did you have any problem with smoke wafting its way onto the verandah at all?)

Nope we had no problem at all and both DH and I are very sensitive to the smell. It really was a great cabin!

• 3 weeks later...
we booked 1615 on the reflection. could one of you cruise experts please check and see if this is a celebrity suite with a larger layout.

thanks

I'm not sure if the cabin itself is larger but the verandah most definitely is. Enjoy! :D

• 8 months later...

Archived