From JH about M&G

Soonerbaby

I've joined a lot of Roll Calls and for the most part they were great BUT on 2 occassions a large group (club or travel group) took over the thread and used it for their personal message board and they weren't looking to make new friends. Posts and suggestions by "outsiders" were pretty much ignored and sadly that killed the M+G for everyone else.

why? this group has now affected all future magic meet and greets and may spread even further.

On the contrary....the whole point behind this thread was to let people know that this one incident would not prevent future meet and greets from happening.

there was no "bouncer" at the door and only one person was asked to leave because, like I said before, he had threatened someone. The person that got bounced is now naming a woman as the one that "bounced" him!! Perhaps he has told so many lies that now he is totally confused!!

This whole thing has been blown out of proportion, there was no brawl like some people would like everyone to believe!! Why is the whole group being blamed for a couple of people upsetting the captain?! Why doesn't everyone let it go!! It's over and done!!!

The bouncee has NEVER said that the bouncer was a woman.

I've joined a lot of Roll Calls and for the most part they were great BUT on 2 occassions a large group (club or travel group) took over the thread and used it for their personal message board and they weren't looking to make new friends. Posts and suggestions by "outsiders" were pretty much ignored and sadly that killed the M+G for everyone else.

Should have gone to fb for private stuff.

Saw that on our last offical CC cruise where page after page discussed what is for dinner that night.

On the contrary....the whole point behind this thread was to let people know that this one incident would not prevent future meet and greets from happening.

as far as i'm concerned, meet and greets have lasted longer than just a room set aside for a bunch of people. i prefer to have my meet and greats on the ships aft, or somewhere outdoors.

and whether or not a room is set aside or not, friendly meet and greets will continue. this certainly was not one of them.

and an actual "ccl" meet and greet is a joke compared to rccl anyway.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
The bouncee has NEVER said that the bouncer was a woman.

I was going to say, I never remember a woman ever being mentioned. The bouncer was mentioned by their CC name several times on different posts.

I so agree, except it sounds a lot like the junior high teen girl bs, I'm best friends with you this week and we do not talk to her this week:rolleyes:

Adults please, if you dislike someone at the M&G don't talk to them, or if you can't control yourself then just for Gods sake stay away.

These cliques and subgroups are just stupid and I will not do another formal M&G. We tend to like gathering at the aft bar before the Muster.

That way there is no "leader" and you havent' paid money to come so if you don't like someone there or if it's not what you expected it to be, you can leave.

I have way too many other concerns in my life to worry about someone on a message board group. Please.

Carole

You're so right. I read an article that someone wrote about that whole thing. I think someone put a link to it in a thread. My 11 year old is more mature then some of those so called adults. If I had been on that roll call or that sailing, I would have avoided that whole M&G just because I wouldn't want to be associated with it.

In the short time I've been lurking on these boards I have read a LOT about how one line handles meet and greet vs. CCL. Some people on here, not all, write as if this is a really important part of their cruise. Do some people actually decide which cruise line to go on based on who has the best M&G? Maybe I'm reading too much into what some post on here but it sure seems that way to me.

In the short time I've been lurking on these boards I have read a LOT about how one line handles meet and greet vs. CCL. Some people on here, not all, write as if this is a really important part of their cruise. Do some people actually decide which cruise line to go on based on who has the best M&G? Maybe I'm reading too much into what some post on here but it sure seems that way to me.

Would not make it my final determinate but have been part of some roll calls that made a good cruise into a great one.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Originally Posted by frednsb

I am a long time CC member, multiple poster, Carnival multiple cruiser, RCCL multiple crusier, et al. I find John Heald to be helpful, informative, and very friendly! He knows I am a CC member and poster and he has never, NEVER not answered my questions or helped me in anyway!!!

If I post or ask questions on his Facebok page I always get a quick answer. On my Nov. 7 Ecstasy cruise that was delayed by weather I obtained mor information from him then from Carnival or CC.

Roll Call Meet and Greets are just that, a voluntary meeting of CC members on the cruise. They usually happen around sail-away when almost all staff are very busy.

JH's Response to the above:

John Heald Thanks Fred. I have never not answered anyones questions based on if they are a CC member or not. I am arranging multiple meet and greets and will continue to help. I dont ever read CC and honestly our shoreside team that used to spend time... reading the boards dongt anymore as they are busy managing and responding to the 1 million on Carnival's Facebook page and Funville and the 20,000 here and the hundres of blog comments and questions. I still think CC has an important role to play though and is full of wonderful people and if some dongt like me or what I do, well thats their choice and until they walk up the gangway on our ships whereupon I will do all I can to make sure they have a brilliant time, their opinion of me is something I care about in the same way I care about getting Judge Judy to give me a lapdance. Please post this if you wish and I finish with a merry Christmas and happy holidays to all Cruise Critic members - even my mate Camelstoe. Thanks Fred, you are a true mate

Originally Posted by frednsb

I am a long time CC member, multiple poster, Carnival multiple cruiser, RCCL multiple crusier, et al. I find John Heald to be helpful, informative, and very friendly! He knows I am a CC member and poster and he has never, NEVER not answered my questions or helped me in anyway!!!

If I post or ask questions on his Facebok page I always get a quick answer. On my Nov. 7 Ecstasy cruise that was delayed by weather I obtained mor information from him then from Carnival or CC.

Roll Call Meet and Greets are just that, a voluntary meeting of CC members on the cruise. They usually happen around sail-away when almost all staff are very busy.

JH's Response to the above:

John Heald Thanks Fred. I have never not answered anyones questions based on if they are a CC member or not. I am arranging multiple meet and greets and will continue to help. I dont ever read CC and honestly our shoreside team that used to spend time... reading the boards dongt anymore as they are busy managing and responding to the 1 million on Carnival's Facebook page and Funville and the 20,000 here and the hundres of blog comments and questions. I still think CC has an important role to play though and is full of wonderful people and if some dongt like me or what I do, well thats their choice and until they walk up the gangway on our ships whereupon I will do all I can to make sure they have a brilliant time, their opinion of me is something I care about in the same way I care about getting Judge Judy to give me a lapdance. Please post this if you wish and I finish with a merry Christmas and happy holidays to all Cruise Critic members - even my mate Camelstoe. Thanks Fred, you are a true mate

OK but would still bet that somebody at Carnival is still responsible for reading our posts.

OK but would still bet that somebody at Carnival is still responsible for reading our posts.

I would think there is still more than one. Probably not that pleased that the beans were spilled in the first place that they read here at all.

On the sites mentioned by John, there has been an uptick in posts "To the beards...". I don't think that is the point, either.

Cannot image people wanting to exert such control over meet and greets.

Sometimes the roll call will click and sometimes nobody will show up for the meet and greet and you have a dead roll call.

Overall the positives greatly outweight the negatives.

Cannot image people wanting to exert such control over meet and greets.

Sometimes the roll call will click and sometimes nobody will show up for the meet and greet and you have a dead roll call.

Overall the positives greatly outweight the negatives.

You've been taking a lot of heat golfadj and I just want to add that I agree with you. We've always had a great time with our roll call friends and we have never asked for a special meeting place. We arrange them on our own.

All this drama over roll calls and meet and greets is just silly. :rolleyes:

As for whether Carnival reads these posts, of course they do. To suggest otherwise is foolish. I feel they are merely trying to drum up more traffic to Funville and their FB pages...and why would they promote a competing site?

I'm no CC cheerleader, just calling it like I see it.

Go ahead, I've got my flame resistant suit on. ;)

You've been taking a lot of heat golfadj and I just want to add that I agree with you. We've always had a great time with our roll call friends and we have never asked for a special meeting place. We arrange them on our own.

All this drama over roll calls and meet and greets is just silly. :rolleyes:

As for whether Carnival reads these posts, of course they do. To suggest otherwise is foolish. I feel they are merely trying to drum up more traffic to Funville and their FB pages...and why would they promote a competing site?

I'm no CC cheerleader, just calling it like I see it.

Go ahead, I've got my flame resistant suit on. ;)

Thanks from another Miracle Waiter. icon7.gif

A few years ago Cruise Critic was about the only game in town as far as cruise info.

Now that is no longer the case. Plus the Cruise Critic boards have descended into nothing but a bunch of complaining and incorrect rumors.

Why would they bother, Cruise Critic is last weeks news.

A few years ago Cruise Critic was about the only game in town as far as cruise info.

Now that is no longer the case. Plus the Cruise Critic boards have descended into nothing but a bunch of complaining and incorrect rumors.

Why would they bother, Cruise Critic is last weeks news.

And yet, even those that think CC sucks just can't seem to stay away...even when they are visiting Cabo and eating cookies...and gossiping about CC. ;)

Archived