From JH about M&G

Soonerbaby

Sorry if this is a duplicate post, John Heald posted it on FB:

Someone just sent me a link on Cruise Critic and I am probably an idiot for responding to it but I have to state something. I do not hate Cruise Critic and I am,repeat am still arranging meet and greets and if anyone wants me to do so please let me know. I am currently arranging 5 different ones and am happy to keep doing so. The report about in group arguing at the Cruise Critic meet and greet on... the Carnival Magic TA was not a fabrication by me as i was accused of stating and the reports came directly from the Captain and Cruise Director who witnessed it and were extremely embarrassed. Apparently I am being accused of making this up. I am so bored with this and the only reason I am replying to this is because I want the many good people over there to know I will help arrange meet and greets. Some people over there seem hell bent on trying to make me out as a bad person........I'm not.....I'm fat and ugly and today I have an arse like a chewed orange thanks to a curry last night but honestly CC people, I'm not a bad person.I just want to help and make sure I offer as much customer service as possible. Please let me know if I can arrange your meet and greet and my best to you all

What exactly happened at the M&G on the Magic TA? I have read conflicting reports, etc. Now if JH says that the captain, etc was embarrassed by some attendants behavior then something crazy had to have gone down. I can't imagine what you would have to do to make the CD and Captain feel that way.

What exactly happened at the M&G on the Magic TA? I have read conflicting reports, etc. Now if JH says that the captain, etc was embarrassed by some attendants behavior then something crazy had to have gone down. I can't imagine what you would have to do to make the CD and Captain feel that way.

I too have read conflicting reports and don't really know. I know there are a couple of reviews of that cruise, and they might say. My roll call was talking about a M&G, so I just wanted to let everyone know that he will still book them.

Google .. 'Carnival Magic Big Ocean' and follow the links to read more.

OK,

I'll bite.

Let me just pre-face this with the disclaimer:

I was not there and whatever I describe I got from pieces of information posted here (and the thread gets deleted by the admins here).

Prior to the cruise there was some in-fighting on the Roll Call. A small group formed alternative roll call on the facebook, however they also attended "official" roll call. In addition, another person also tried to attend a roll call. From what I understand this person is not a member of the cruise critic, but apparently there is some prior history between that person and the CC. Anyway, apparently some guy from CC decided to be a bouncer and kicked out that person from first M&G.

What is not clear to me, is why CC deletes all posts related to that incident. If CC believes that someone there is out to destroy them, they only give that group ammunition.

It would be better for CC members involved in this incident to tell their part of the story. Otherwise it looks like CC is hiding something.

You know how they say: Truth will set you free.

OK,

I'll bite.

I was not there and whatever I describe I got from pieces of information posted here (and the thread gets deleted by the admins here).

Prior to the cruise there was some in-fighting on the Roll Call. A small group formed alternative roll call on the facebook, however they also attended "official" roll call. In addition, another person also tried to attend a roll call. From what I understand this person is not a member of the cruise critic, but apparently there is some prior history between that person and the CC. Anyway, apparently some guy from CC decided to be a bouncer and kicked out that person from first M&G.

What is not clear to me, is why CC deletes all posts related to that incident. If CC believes that someone there is out to destroy them, they only give that group ammunition.

It would be better for CC members involved in this incident to tell their part of the story. Otherwise it looks like CC is hiding something.

From the accounts I have read there was a clique on the roll call that tried to take over and it got real nasty with a bouncer not allowing certain people into the meeting.

Managed to muddy the name of CC even more with Carnival if that is possible.

From the accounts I have read there was a clique on the roll call that tried to take over and it got real nasty with a bouncer not allowing certain people into the meeting.

The problem here is that both sides claim impropriety - some CC member accuse the facebook group of having a clique, and the facebook group accuses those CC member of having a clique.

Once again, what puzzles me is the secrecy of all of this - I guarantee you this thread will get deleted soon. This kind of stuff only puts oil in the fire and actually make CC look bad. If CC members had nothing to hide, they would not have the need to delete the posts. Right?

P.S. One other thing I've read was that somebody from CC was rude to the Captain and almost accused him of lying.

I was on a roll call once that got fractured. It turned pretty ugly as well. When we went to the M&G a group of them just sat at tables to themselves and wouldn't even acknowledge anyone else. These people took over the roll call and turned it into something embarrassing. To this day, I avoid cruises with some of these figures (although I have a big cruise coming up that grew incredibly large and it can not be avoided).

The frustrating part as an observer is almost all of the "press" out there on google is from the rogue group that apparently felt forced to form a subgroup on Facebook. I am too old to believe any one side of a story like this obviously there are 2 sides- and the other side just smiles and says it was a nice trip with a few problems. I'm nosey and want to hear THEIR version of the story. Is it written down anywhere??

Where is the thread that JH responded on here? I saw what he put on FB and wanted to see his responce here but can't find it.

The Brand Ambassador is not and never will be a member of Cruise Critic. You will be looking for a long time for a response from him here.

Hey guys, I really did just post what he posted so that everyone was aware that if you want to set up a meet and greet you can. It really is unfortunate that there was such an event at a meet and greet, but it is good to know that it hasn't caused Carnival to stop them altogether.

When I was a kid, I remember thinking that one day, when I was an adult all the bulls*** would stop because adults are mature and dont' act like 5 year olds...

Wasn't the first or last time I was very very wrong about something....

If even the basics of that story are true, it is REALLY sad.

This is a great place for gathering info, as are other places on the web and otherwise. But when I go on vacation, I go to have fun and enjoy the time with my family, friends, or whomever else I choose to be with. If I participate in a roll call, so be it. Always nice to meet others online, and if any sort of connection is formed, it would be nice to meet them.

However... If I EVER get to the point where a meet and greet causes me to have even ONE bad moment on a cruise, especially because of the participants not wanting to mingle together... PLEASE SHOOT ME. And to be still concerned about it after the fact -- no matter what side you are on, or who was wrong or right... Just terrible.

Again, if it happens, shoot me. I beg of you!

When I was a kid, I remember thinking that one day, when I was an adult all the bulls*** would stop because adults are mature and dont' act like 5 year olds...

...an adult on all of the mass market ships doesn't have an embarrassing moment.

I so agree, except it sounds a lot like the junior high teen girl bs, I'm best friends with you this week and we do not talk to her this week:rolleyes:

Adults please, if you dislike someone at the M&G don't talk to them, or if you can't control yourself then just for Gods sake stay away.

These cliques and subgroups are just stupid and I will not do another formal M&G. We tend to like gathering at the aft bar before the Muster.

That way there is no "leader" and you havent' paid money to come so if you don't like someone there or if it's not what you expected it to be, you can leave.

I have way too many other concerns in my life to worry about someone on a message board group. Please.

Carole

Watching the behavior of many adults on cruises, I am convinced that many leave their brains at home.

if you want proof watch the proceedings when they have the awesome sale of gold by the inch.

...an adult on all of the mass market ships doesn't have an embarrassing moment.

This wasn't just an embarassing moment though....I don't think any of these people have the sense to BE embarassed to be honest..

if you want proof watch the proceedings when they have the awesome sale of gold by the inch.

LOL...That cracked me up Stu. :D

OK,

I'll bite.

I guess it's just impossible for me to understand this subset of people who care that much about rolls calls and take things like this so personally. DW and I cruise to be together and enjoy ourselfs, not try to join weird 8th grade rollcall cliqs. So weird:confused:

OK,

I'll bite.

If this thread does get deleted, it will be because it's gone supremely off topic - which was that J.Heald will still arrange meet & greets for CC roll calls.

What did or didn't happen on the Magic TA - or any other roll call - is off topic here.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
If this thread does get deleted, it will be because it's gone supremely off topic - which was that J.Heald will still arrange meet & greets for CC roll calls.

What did or didn't happen on the Magic TA - or any other roll call - is off topic here.

Uhmm, you need to re-read JH's comments, it IS very SPECIFICALLY about what happened on the Magic!:eek:

I guess it's just impossible for me to understand this subset of people who care that much about rolls calls and take things like this so personally. DW and I cruise to be together and enjoy ourselfs, not try to join weird 8th grade rollcall cliqs. So weird:confused:

The truth is roll calls can be awesome.

If your roll call is large though, chances are you won't like everyone on it(what I think happened on this infamous Magic one) ...and that's to be expected. You can't like everyone...but instead of just accepting that and at least being cordial........well, let's just say it didn't play out well (at least from the tidbits of info I read).

I have made really good friends via roll calls and I have met some people that I really didn't care to befriend (all from one massive roll call). I've also seen a meet & greet with the ships crew turn into a complaint fest.

That was NOT fun.

Despite the occasional crappy roll call or meet and greet...I feel, because of the few amazing friends I have made, they are well worth the risk.

You just have to know that if they are starting to look ugly, if you can't diffuse the situation it may be time to gracefully bow out.

Archived