From JH about M&G

Soonerbaby

The truth is roll calls can be awesome.

If your roll call is large though, chances are you won't like everyone on it(what I think happened on this infamous Magic one) ...and that's to be expected. You can't like everyone...but instead of just accepting that and at least being cordial........well, let's just say it didn't play out well (at least from the tidbits of info I read).

I have made really good friends via roll calls and I have met some people that I really didn't care to befriend (all from one massive roll call). I've also seen a meet & greet with the ships crew turn into a complaint fest.

That was NOT fun.

Despite the occasional crappy roll call or meet and greet...I feel, because of the few amazing friends I have made, they are well worth the risk.

You just have to know that if they are starting to look ugly, if you can't diffuse the situation it may be time to gracefully bow out.

I'm sure everyone cruises for different reasons, The M&G's are just totally not for us, just as set-time seating with random couples was not for us. Not that we are anti-social, we usually end up hanging/eating with people we meet organically during the week. I just don't like to be force fed it, and I guess it feels a little too much like a playdate set up by your parents when your 7yo:).

I sometimes chip in in rollcalls on here to help out newbies or give advice if I've been on the ship before, but leave it at that.

We have had some roll calls that were washouts and some that were awesome.

For example in Sept on Miracle had best roll call ever with lots of group activities and made some good friends from it. Nice to constantly meet people you now know as you go around the ship.

Have had others where nobody showed up at the meet and greet.

Justs read the thread about Magic TA and guess we will never know what actually happened but just shaking my head about it.

The truth is roll calls can be awesome.

If your roll call is large though, chances are you won't like everyone on it(what I think happened on this infamous Magic one) ...and that's to be expected. You can't like everyone...but instead of just accepting that and at least being cordial........well, let's just say it didn't play out well (at least from the tidbits of info I read).

I have made really good friends via roll calls and I have met some people that I really didn't care to befriend (all from one massive roll call). I've also seen a meet & greet with the ships crew turn into a complaint fest.

That was NOT fun.

Despite the occasional crappy roll call or meet and greet...I feel, because of the few amazing friends I have made, they are well worth the risk.

You just have to know that if they are starting to look ugly, if you can't diffuse the situation it may be time to gracefully bow out.

Your post is exactly what I've been trying to say.I will only comment on what I did or saw personally not what someone else saw and told me about. My dh and I had a great time at the roll call and did not hear any fighting at the m&g,maybe it did happen and we were just not aware of it. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and the fb group also were enjoying winning some of the prizes we were giving away. The group was very large and we didn't get to meet everyone but we did meet some of the people that have been talked about and they are not the bad people they have been made out to be.

I do know some things that happened personally but will not put them on a public forum. I'm sorry I said anything in the first place because it has totally been misconstrued. I hope everyone has a great day!!

Uhmm, you need to re-read JH's comments, it IS very SPECIFICALLY about what happened on the Magic!:eek:

The whole point behind the post (his and mine) was to inform CC members that he will indeed be setting up meet and greets DESPITE what happened at that particular one.

The whole point behind the post (his and mine) was to inform CC members that he will indeed be setting up meet and greets DESPITE what happened at that particular one.

Soonerbaby,

Do I understand you correctly - you don't like the way the thread is going? What do you want people to do - split off from this thread and start a new one? Sounds familiar....

Soonerbaby,

Do I understand you correctly - you don't like the way the thread is going? What do you want people to do - split off from this thread and start a new one? Sounds familiar....

Lol! No, I am just explaining the reason behind starting this thread. It certainly wasn't to ressurect what happened at the M&G on the transatlantic. I don't especially care what others did...it didn't affect me, as I wasn't at the M&G on the transatlantic.

Lol! No, I am just explaining the reason behind starting this thread. It certainly wasn't to ressurect what happened at the M&G on the transatlantic. I don't especially care what others did...it didn't affect me, as I wasn't at the M&G on the transatlantic.

But in a way all this conversation is good for anyone new to the roll call to see what can happen and possibly how to avoid it. What happened on the Magic is just one example. I doubt it was the first roll call to ever go bad...I just think it went more bad than anyone likely would have expected. :eek:

But in a way all this conversation is good for anyone new to the roll call to see what can happen and possibly how to avoid it. What happened on the Magic is just one example. I doubt it was the first roll call to ever go bad...I just think it went more bad than anyone likely would have expected. :eek:

Agreed. When planning things like this, it is good to know that things can go wrong, and that these things can happen. I'm just saying I don't care enough about that particular incident to comment on it. :)

Probably right but think it brought new meaning to the word disfunctional.

For years and years CC roll calls were planned and organized by members without any problem. Pick a spot and a time and show up. i.e. aft bar at embarkation @ 3:30 or 1st sea day @10:00 at the pool bar. Unless it's a really really big group why even bother CCL or JH? There's never going to be an officer or CD show again anyway.

I was at the M&G on the Magic Transatlantic. I didn't participate in the CC roll call (for obvious reasons known to some), but did on the FB roll call. There were power struggles from the beginning. I don't know or care why because I agree that it was juvenile. Ruthie was right in that it was not a big rowdy event at all. Many probably were not even aware of a lot of things that happened.

IMHO two thing did happen that were completely wrong:

1) having a bouncer at the door and barring anyone who wanted and should have attended is just wrong.

2) The questioning of the Captain was way out of line. What a CC roll call member insisted was promised was never promised.

These two items are what has really effected the impression of CC by so many. Justified or not--and it was just a few that caused it. Bad apple in the barrel kind of deal. Unfortunate for the innocents.

Tigger- Our meet n greet fractured when I failed to leave your balcony! LOL

I have heard from the people who were actually there and the person who was booted. I can tell you that the person who was booted is one of the nicest, most caring people I have had the pleasure to talk to. Its sad that things have gotten to the point they are at now here on CC.

Some say this or that didnt happen but maybe they didnt see everything that happened since it was such a large group?? My last cruise we had compiled a meet n greet that totaled just 60 and I assure you not everyone saw everything. I'm positive only about 6 of us seen Butch the CD come in to check on the gathering, smile, and leave. I think even fewer saw the security officer come in a couple of times. So, in saying that I am sure not everyone in that meet knew everything that went on. There may have been a group of people who did have quite a good time and saw none of the hassles. One persons observation may not be that of another

I think back to our Miracle meet n greet and realize that our group got completely separated when we went on the cabin crawl. I stopped to enjoy Tiggerman's balcony (and their company as they are the nicest people ever) and I also stopped to talk to the people from my home state. In doing that, a few of us completely missed the jello shot party as well as some awful spats.

I can say that the person who was booted from the TA meet has no reason to lie, nor does the Captain and CD. what happened, happened. I can tell you that the security officer at our meet n greet told me and my mother he was there because of the TA incident. He said security was told to check in on al CC meets after the extremely bad TA meet n Greet. (By the way our group was just drinking, laughing, and having a good time so we were all smiled at and left alone, but then again we weren't really a CC meet n Greet- long story)

I can also tell you the reason I do not come on CC so much anymore is because I hate the drama and bickering. It was also getting to the point that any time I posted something it either was deleted or I was slammed. I'm not saying it is the companies fault but maybe mostly some of the members and some moderators who take sides. So I just refrained from coming here at all.I use to love to use CC to post reviews (Until I was slammed for a couple of observations that people didnt agree about) and to do the roll calls (until they became a group of catty holier than though groups)

I met a lot of nice people here and hope that one day it will be back to a place where all types of reviews are allowed ans accepted by others as personal views and information. (Remember....your view may not be mine) And where the roll call are for people to get together and meet new people, have fun, and enjoy their vacations...Not a bitchfestorama cage match event.

I dont know about all of you but when I plan my vacation it is to relax, have fun, and visit somewhere new and MAYBE meet some new friends...Not to be stressed out, bitch and moan and talk about and judge others....Of course I tend to like everyone no matter what or who they are as long as they dont do something to me or my family...

I was on a roll call once that got fractured. It turned pretty ugly as well. When we went to the M&G a group of them just sat at tables to themselves and wouldn't even acknowledge anyone else. These people took over the roll call and turned it into something embarrassing. To this day, I avoid cruises with some of these figures (although I have a big cruise coming up that grew incredibly large and it can not be avoided).

IMHO two thing did happen that were completely wrong:

1) having a bouncer at the door and barring anyone who wanted and should have attended is just wrong.

2) The questioning of the Captain was way out of line. What a CC roll call member insisted was promised was never promised.

These two items are what has really effected the impression of CC by so many. Justified or not--and it was just a few that caused it. Bad apple in the barrel kind of deal. Unfortunate for the innocents.

Snoozwman, you definitely sound like the voice of reason! I do know why one person was asked to leave, it is my understanding that he threatened someone on fb and that person was afraid of him. I saw what he said on fb as I was a member of their group until they started calling names and getting nasty, he said he would "get" this person on the cruise. He did watch her and stalk her a lot. I was sitting with her at the farewell party and twice looked up and he was staring at her. The second time he even had his camera aimed at us and was ready to snap a picture and when he saw me looking at him he was like a deer caught in the headlights.

In my opinion I do feel it was justified in asking him to leave the M&G.

I did not hear anything said to the captain but I do not understand blaming the whole group for what one person said.

One more point about attendance at the M&G, I thought the room we got was for a certain number of people and if this is so how can anyone on the cruise be welcome? Shouldn't it be limited to cc members since it was a cc meet&greet? If there was a Eagles meeting for members only I would not expect to go because I'm not an Eagle member.

[soonerbaby, you are correct...they do still set up meet n greets for CC members and go beyond by even putting it in the fun times...HOWEVER, dont be surprised if no officers attend and if you see security checking in on your group from time to time. They dont interfere but I do feel they want things to go back to being a fun event or else no event...

\

QUOTE=Soonerbaby;31636636]The whole point behind the post (his and mine) was to inform CC members that he will indeed be setting up meet and greets DESPITE what happened at that particular one.

Tigger- Our meet n greet fractured when I failed to leave your balcony! LOL

I have heard from the people who were actually there and the person who was booted. I can tell you that the person who was booted is one of the nicest, most caring people I have had the pleasure to talk to. Its sad that things have gotten to the point they are at now here on CC.

Some say this or that didnt happen but maybe they didnt see everything that happened since it was such a large group?? My last cruise we had compiled a meet n greet that totaled just 60 and I assure you not everyone saw everything. I'm positive only about 6 of us seen Butch the CD come in to check on the gathering, smile, and leave. I think even fewer saw the security officer come in a couple of times. So, in saying that I am sure not everyone in that meet knew everything that went on. There may have been a group of people who did have quite a good time and saw none of the hassles. One persons observation may not be that of another

I think back to our Miracle meet n greet and realize that our group got completely separated when we went on the cabin crawl. I stopped to enjoy Tiggerman's balcony (and their company as they are the nicest people ever) and I also stopped to talk to the people from my home state. In doing that, a few of us completely missed the jello shot party as well as some awful spats.

I can say that the person who was booted from the TA meet has no reason to lie, nor does the Captain and CD. what happened, happened. I can tell you that the security officer at our meet n greet told me and my mother he was there because of the TA incident. He said security was told to check in on al CC meets after the extremely bad TA meet n Greet. (By the way our group was just drinking, laughing, and having a good time so we were all smiled at and left alone, but then again we weren't really a CC meet n Greet- long story)

I can also tell you the reason I do not come on CC so much anymore is because I hate the drama and bickering. It was also getting to the point that any time I posted something it either was deleted or I was slammed. I'm not saying it is the companies fault but maybe mostly some of the members and some moderators who take sides. So I just refrained from coming here at all.I use to love to use CC to post reviews (Until I was slammed for a couple of observations that people didnt agree about) and to do the roll calls (until they became a group of catty holier than though groups)

I met a lot of nice people here and hope that one day it will be back to a place where all types of reviews are allowed ans accepted by others as personal views and information. (Remember....your view may not be mine) And where the roll call are for people to get together and meet new people, have fun, and enjoy their vacations...Not a bitchfestorama cage match event.

I dont know about all of you but when I plan my vacation it is to relax, have fun, and visit somewhere new and MAYBE meet some new friends...Not to be stressed out, bitch and moan and talk about and judge others....Of course I tend to like everyone no matter what or who they are as long as they dont do something to me or my family...

Well said. I have to say our roll call on the Miracle 9 11 cruise was the best we have ever been part of with lots of great people have fun and behaving responsibly.

Hope we can sail together again one day.

Stu, that would be great. I have two planned! One in May to Alaska on Spirit and the Splendor Hawaii in Jan 2013 to celebrate hubbys 50th a few months early.

Well said. I have to say our roll call on the Miracle 9 11 cruise was the best we have ever been part of with lots of great people have fun and behaving responsibly.

Stu, its January 19 th, 2013. a 15 day that includes an overnight in Honolulu

We cruise in the winter to coincide with Chinese New Year.

In 2013 it turns out to start Feb 10 latest I have ever seen it.

Maybe we would cruise another time.

One more point about attendance at the M&G, I thought the room we got was for a certain number of people and if this is so how can anyone on the cruise be welcome? Shouldn't it be limited to cc members since it was a cc meet&greet? If there was a Eagles meeting for members only I would not expect to go because I'm not an Eagle member.

There was plenty of room for more people in that room. Any social organization I have ever been associated with was always accepting to strangers and was welcoming to everyone. I wouldn't be associated with any that were not. The organizations with bouncers at the door were usually exclusive and secretive groups up to no good.

Oh it was a great Roll Call guys. I felt bad that Wade and I didn't do more with some of you. We just really needed to chill out on that cruise.

Maumekim- I do hope you realize that I was not referring to our Miracle cruise when I was talking about a fractured and not so pleasant roll call. It was a cruise about a year before. You guys were great and we loved meeting all of you.

To everyone else- I am sorry to go totally off topic, I just needed to address that to Maumekim. I will say that I am glad to see this thread is still alive. I too thought it would vanish before I got home from work.

There was plenty of room for more people in that room. Any social organization I have ever been associated with was always accepting to strangers and was welcoming to everyone. I wouldn't be associated with any that were not. The organizations with bouncers at the door were usually exclusive and secretive groups up to no good.

there was no "bouncer" at the door and only one person was asked to leave because, like I said before, he had threatened someone. The person that got bounced is now naming a woman as the one that "bounced" him!! Perhaps he has told so many lies that now he is totally confused!!

This whole thing has been blown out of proportion, there was no brawl like some people would like everyone to believe!! Why is the whole group being blamed for a couple of people upsetting the captain?! Why doesn't everyone let it go!! It's over and done!!!

there was no "bouncer" at the door and only one person was asked to leave because, like I said before, he had threatened someone. The person that got bounced is now naming a woman as the one that "bounced" him!! Perhaps he has told so many lies that now he is totally confused!!

This whole thing has been blown out of proportion, there was no brawl like some people would like everyone to believe!! Why is the whole group being blamed for a couple of people upsetting the captain?! Why doesn't everyone let it go!! It's over and done!!!

why? this group has now affected all future magic meet and greets and may spread even further.

and those of us that can read saw this train wreck coming way before the cruise even started.

ps...i've yet to read the bouncer named as a woman.

Archived