Our Magic cruise, 12/4/11

Meyer2

Oops, sorry, I messed up. Before we went to walk around we went to the show that night in the Showtime Theatre. The Groove Line. We really enjoyed the show. It did fill up pretty quickly each night there was a show though.

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0275.jpg

DSC_0276.jpg

We love having a cabin in the aft, but it does seem like a long way back sometimes, LOL!

DSC_0278.jpg

DSC_0279.jpg

Back to the cabin & to sleep about midnight. Next day is Cozumel!

Tuesday, December 6th, Cozumel. We were almost about 6 hrs late from when we had left Galveston on the 4th after going back for the medical emergency. The Captain did a great job of making up time. We were supposed to be in Cozumel at 8:00 that morning, but the night before, we had gotten a letter stating that it might be 9:00, earlier if possible.

So we got up about 7:00 & headed to the MDR for breakfast shortly after. As we were having breakfast, we ended up seeing another Carnival ship, we were passing Her. Turned out to be the Elation. Finished eating breakfast & headed back to our cabin so we could go out to the balcony, about 8.

DSC_0284.jpg

DSC_0285.jpg

DSC_0287.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg

DSC_0290.jpg

Love the review and the pics, mine didn't come out quite as good. I brought my underwater camera and they just aren't as clear as these great pictures. When I was on the TA Calvin brought on quite a few Mahjong sets and the game times were listed in the Fun Times. I loved this ship and find all the negative reviews sad, go and have a great time and form your own conclusions. You can find negative things every where in life, there is enough positive on this ship to have a great vacation and focus on the FUN, there is plenty of that along with some of the nicest crew members ever. Can't wait to read more, there were some really good shows on board

Love the review and the pics, mine didn't come out quite as good. I brought my underwater camera and they just aren't as clear. When I was on the TA

Calvyn brought on quite a few Mahjong sets and the game times were listed in the Fun Times. I loved this ship and find all the negative reviews sad, go and have a great time and form your own conclusions. You can find negative things every where in life, there is enough positive on this ship to have a great vacation and focus on the FUN, there is plenty of that along with some of the nicest crew members ever. Can't wait for the rest of the review to remember our wonderful cruise.

Krystin... I'm enjoying this so much!!! I ca't wait to see the ports. I've booked the CONQUEST for these ports in Sept/Oct 2012.

And seeing the MAGIC!!! What a delight!!! I love the sunset. You know how much I love sunrises and sunsets... WOW!!! You photos are wonderful!!!

The aft pool... I love the shallow, sunning area around that pool. A few inches of water...

And the outside spinning and work out area, That's looks so inviting!!!!

Can't wait for more...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm baaaaaack!!!!! ;) Sorry I went MIA there for a bit, but between Christmas, New Year's & a little bit of being sick mixed in there, things have been kind of crazy. I hope everyone had a wonderful & Blessed Christmas & New Year's!

More review, coming up now!!!! :D

We were docked right about 8:30 a.m., which is awesome, our Captain did a great job making up time. However, the Customs agents couldn't get on right away because the Elation had pulled in & was docking. Once complete about 9:00, Customs came on & we were cleared I think around 9:15. We were off the ship about 9:30. We had booked an excursion, through Carnival, so we went quickly to check in & within a few minutes, we were heading to the boat to go for the excursion. Didn't snap too many pictures of the port area this cruise, sorry.

DSCF2014.jpg

DSCF2016.jpg

DSCF2017.jpg

DSCF2017.jpg

DSCF2021.jpg

We did the Two Reef Snorkeling by boat. There was about 17 of us, all from the Magic. We enjoyed this excursion very much & it was better than the snorkeling excursion we did last year. This one also had so much more information, which was helpful. This is only the 2nd time we have gone snorkeling. I have anxiety issue, but I did much better this time as I'm feeling more comfortable with it.

Coming around the back of the ships:

DSCF2023.jpg

Our guides were very helpful & a happy & enjoyable to listen too. We went out 1st to the farthest reef. It was so clear hear & beautiful!!! In our opinion, both reefs were great, but the 1st was was the best.

Looking back at the Magic:

DSCF2024.jpg

One of our guides, giving us the last of the instructions before we got in the water:

DSCF2025.jpg

And a snorkeling we go! LOL

DSCF2026.jpg

DSCF2029.jpg

Can you see the fish?

DSCF2031.jpg

DSCF2033.jpg

We finished at the 1st reef & went back to the boat & then over to the 2nd reef area. After we swam away from the boat some, DH looked back & took a picture of it.

DSCF2053.jpg

As I said in one of the previous post, the 1st reef is the one we liked better. This one was still great, just not as clear as the other spot for some reason.

DSCF2067.jpg

DSCF2071.jpg

DSCF2072.jpg

Our guide swam down with our camera to snap pictures of an eel for us:

DSCF2068.jpg

DSCF2069.jpg

Once we finished, we got back on the boat & rinsed off as they had shower sprays right at the back of the boat. Heading back to the pier area, pictures to show the Magic & looking at our cabin balcony.

DSCF2116.jpg

DSCF2117.jpg

DSCF2118.jpg

Once we got back, we were hungry. It was about 1:15, so we just went ahead & headed back to the ship. We showered & rinsed our snorkel gear out & then headed to Cucina for lunch & then to walk around the ship.

Archived