Royal Caribbean Secrets They Don't Tell You

Hank1468

I've never done it, but I'm sure you can - especially if you aren't getting a lot of dessert just so that you can take some back. Why should they care if you eat it in the restaurant or in your room? The staff is almost always accommodating - just ask! :)

On the Oasis the staff at Chops would not allow us to take dessert with us. Too bad the red velvet cake was excellent!

• The Seaview Cafe on the Jewel is fantastic. Yummy seafood snacks.
  • The Windjammer is a great option for dinner if you don't feel like dressing up or being social with your table. All of the main dining room menu choices are offered buffet style, as well as sushi or shish kabobs.
  • Port days are a great time to relax in the Solarium. Or do an early port excursion and come back at lunch time. It will be relatively empty.

There has been a long time running thread over on the Princess boards about secrets that Princess doesn't tell you about. Things such as the open deck above the Bridge wings... being able to bring 2 bottles of wine per person onboard from home or a port of call... the fact that the main dining room is open for lunch for a bit on embarkation day, etc. etc. etc. The thread is currently 62 pages long with over 1200 posts...

I thought it would be nice if we started the same type of thread here on the RCI boards. Additionally, we leave in just 13 days on the Navigator, so I need some good RCI conversation to help pass the time :D The posts should be specific to RCI or general cruising secrets (or suggestions/ideas)...

Let's hear all of your secrets, tips, and suggestions all you Royal Caribbean veterans and cruising pros!!

Enjoy! :D

Great Idea! I started a similar thread (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1145425) two years ago and had several responses, but it didn't keep going like the Princess and Carnival threads. I'm sure that much of the info is outdated, but I plan on reviewing these threads before my next cruise (in 27 days!!!)

Edited by Harley123

it was as of december. will u tell me? we dont go till march.

What about LOS? We sail in 27 days!

Which day is the show? Is it the first day? How long is the show and where is it usually held?

I would hate to spend an hour in a boring show and them not actually do them anymore, but it would def be worth it if they do!:D

What about LOS? We sail in 27 days!

Which day is the show? Is it the first day? How long is the show and where is it usually held?

I would hate to spend an hour in a boring show and them not actually do them anymore, but it would def be worth it if they do!:D

I feel the same way. When I obtained this on Liberty in 2010, they were being sold on day 2 in the promenade. I did not have to attend a show; one of the bartenders on the pool deck mentioned it to me, I went to the promenade, and I waited online for about twenty minutes until I was able to purchase one. I believe, however, this was part of some sort of shopping program. It might be worthwhile to approach the shopping guides before they begin the show and ask whether they are offering anything like this. That way you won't sit through it if they are not doing the promotion, and you might be able to get one before the show starts.

Don't forget about the laundry bag special. We love it.

Tutti Salad on sea days in the MDR. Not to be missed!!!

If your luggage should get broken, go to the purser's desk. They can arrange for someone to take a look at it and try fixing it. If it can't be fixed, and you need duct tape, no need to carry it. They will provide you with it.

If you need a sewing kit to repair something, the purser's desk will also give you needle thread, scissors, etc. They are incredibly helpful with just about any need, emergency or not, that you encounter. They even helped with feminie products late on night after the shops closed (sorry, but just so you know how far the staff will go). One of the ladies left and returned with her personal supplies for us :eek:. How's that for service.

Do you know how much this is? We will be taking a transatlantic and I know we will need to have laundry done at least once.

I saw a recent Compass advertising it for $25. BUT, they seem to only take small items like t-shrts, socks and underwear -- no polo (collard shirts) or pants. Perhaps someone can provide additional information?

Going on Enchantment in a few weeks... Does anyone know if they still offer the BOGO sticker on the DODo???????

They did it when I was on the Enchantment last Feb, I am sure they are still doing it. Just make sure you go to the first one as I think after the second day they didn't do it after that. (I also remember they announced it too! but only once)

They did it when I was on the Enchantment last Feb, I am sure they are still doing it. Just make sure you go to the first one as I think after the second day they didn't do it after that. (I also remember they announced it too! but only once)

Looks like I'm going to the Port Shopping Show!!!

Yeah...I've seen that too. Sigh. The way I look at, if someone has taken the time and effort to dress up and do the whole formal thing, I'm not going to roll into the MDR in jeans. It's their cruise too. The whole dress up is part of the experience. I respect their choice. What goes around, comes around.

THANK YOU for having some class when it comes to attire! I'll never understand how people can go into an elegant restaurant situation dressed like they're going to the mall and feel good about it. It all adds to the overall ambiance when people actually make an effort to put something nice on. I'm used to traveling on ships where, at a MINIMUM, a man is expected to wear a sport coat at dinner (and a tux or dark suit on formal nights). And you walk in and everyone looks wonderful. The whole ambiance is one of elegance. I mean, don't people get enough of dressing for TGI Fridays and the Sizzler at HOME? It's honestly very disrespectful to the ship, the staff, the other passengers, and the whole ambiance being set up to show up on a formal night looking like you're on your way to Denny's. I'm looking forward to my upcoming Allure trip, but honestly if I find lots of shorts and t-shirts in the MDR and upscale specialty restaurants on formal nights, this will be my last Royal Caribbean trip.

On the Freedom our friend and I got manicures the first day and looked great. She wanted to fix the chips on her nails and used a dark nail polish and since she has pretty poor eye sight, just made a mess of her nails.

We neither one had nail polish remover. While she and I finished getting ready for formal night, her husband and mine went down to the promenade shops to find some. Of couse they do not sell it on board.

One of the clerks in the shop said she had some of her own and we could use it. She went to her own cabin and brought it back and said that my friend could just keep it, that would be ok.

We told everyone we could about how great we found the help of the employees on board and we all wrote it up on our final evaluation form.

They do go out of their way to help.

This was our friends first time to cruise and they will never forget the Freedom.

Julia

If you do go to the Peek a Boo bridge and the curtains happen to be closed that can be because they are having a private tour of the bridge for perhaps Suite people, D+.... just go back later and the curtains will most likely be open.

Meet and Mingle at 10a... lunch and a drink... Shopping show at 130p... BOGO sticker applied by 200p... freebie in hand by 201... :p

I think it's in the Boleros lounge... I THINK...

im serious, u guys need 2 let me know when u get back. my purse is counting on u, lol. we go 3/31

So true, the mid-week laundry special is great. I rolled our clothes and was able to fit 3 days worth of shorts; shirts; undergarments etc. Well worth the money and all delivered and folded the next day. No issues with colors or losing any items.:)

So true, the mid-week laundry special is great. I rolled our clothes and was able to fit 3 days worth of shorts; shirts; undergarments etc. Well worth the money and all delivered and folded the next day. No issues with colors or losing any items.:)

For how much ?