"LIVE" from the Mariner o4-10-05

Radio

Wow!!! Thanks for the pics and wonderful details Radio! This is getting me really really excited. We leave on our honeymoon on May 8th aboard the Mariner. It is my first time cruising and I cannot wait.

How much does that Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee go for out there? I know my fiance is looking forward to buying some good coffee.

Thanks again for the updates - I look forward to seeing more pics!!! Enjoy yourself :)

Wow!!! Thanks for the pics and wonderful details Radio! This is getting me really really excited. We leave on our honeymoon on May 8th aboard the Mariner. It is my first time cruising and I cannot wait.

How much does that Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee go for out there? I know my fiance is looking forward to buying some good coffee.

Thanks again for the updates - I look forward to seeing more pics!!! Enjoy yourself :)

Hi blueeyesdm! Not sure if you seen the roll call thread (gosh, there's so many of us I'm sorry if you're already there!) but feel free to join us at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=3501891#post3501891. There are quite a few of us honeymooners on the May 8th sailing!

Hey Radio,

Thanks again for the wonderful pics and your detailed info. I always look forward to your reports, how about a picture of you to share with us:) . Have a wonderful rest of the cruise and and have a cookie from the cafe promenade for me;).

Hello Everyone ! We have just pulled into Georgetown, Grand Cayman. We have anchored about a have of a mile offshore. There are 7 ships in port today. Toady we have....

1.Mariner of the Seas

2.Carnival Victory

3.Carnival Conquest

4. Holland America's Westerdam

5.Rhapsody of the Seas

6.Star Princess

7.Pullmantur's Holiday Dream

It looks like the weather will be good today. There is sunny weather, caln seas and a temp of 87f. There appears to be a strong front coming in today, late this afternoon. This has caused the Grand Cayman Port Authority to order ship tenders to leave no later that 3pm. With the ships in port today...the tender lines should be very long.

I was told by the Caribbean Band "Focus" that they are scheduled to leave on May 1st, they were not sure who would be replacing them.

I also spoke to Captain Tor Olsen las night at the Crown and Anchor party, and was told that he also would be leaving in May, but he said that Captain Johnny would not be coming back. He said that Captain Johnny has been sent on another assignment.

The "Quest" show was excellent...it was hilarious ! I did not make it to the Summer Breeze deck party. The Love and Marriage show was very good as well. One of the members from our Meet and Mingle party was in the show. It was very good !

Here are a few pics from this morning as we were pulling in. The dusk setting was not helping the pics out....

jillybabes....there are lots of pics of me on my Cruise Photo Page...Just click below...

blueyesdm....The cost of the Blue Mountain coffee in Jamaica was $18. pound

Radio

47b5da35b3127cce917cef7db9fd00000016108BctXLFu0cC

47b5da35b3127cce917ceebbf9a300000016108BctXLFu0cC

47b5da35b3127cce917cef6db9ed00000016108BctXLFu0cC

47b5da35b3127cce917ceede78f600000016108BctXLFu0cC

Thanks once again for your awesome pictures and updates!!!!

Looks like it was a perfect day. Did that front effect you in any way?

It's hard to believe there are 7 ship in GC!!

I thought they were limiting the number of ships per day?

I hope you are enjoying your cruise, I know I sure am in following

your posts!!! :D :D

Radio:

Thanks for checking with Focus for me. I appreciate it. I can't believe that I am gonig to miss them by 1 week! But, I am happy for them because they have been on the Mariner since September...they are due to go home.

I'm sure the next island band will be good as well.

Great pictures! Thanks again!

Hey Radio - I am following this thread with baited breath! The Pictures!! The pictures - you have such a great eye.

Please let us know the condition of Grand Cayman, and reconstruction progress after last year's hurricane damage. Thanks -

Maddle

Thanks Radio for checking on Captain Johnny. I'm dissapointed that he will not be onboard for our cruise 5-15. He's quite the character. My guess is he is overseeing the construction of the Freedom of the Seas. Another good reason to book Freedom for next year!!

Radio,

Thank you so much for doing this! We just got off the Mariner Sunday and you're helping to ease our cruise withrawal.

Have you been to any of the art auctions? If you do go, please say "hello" to Jordan and Jason from "the Mann's." They are great!

Enjoy formal night, hope your tablemates have joined you. The dining room experience really tops off an already fantastic cruise!

RADIO: Thanks so much for the information on babysitting and AO. I will definitely sign her up the first night. Keep the pics coming, they are great. Enjoy your cruise.

MACKMASTERSON: Thank you also for the babysitting information. I really appreciate it. Can't wait till May 8

Hi blueeyesdm! Not sure if you seen the roll call thread (gosh, there's so many of us I'm sorry if you're already there!) but feel free to join us at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=3501891#post3501891. There are quite a few of us honeymooners on the May 8th sailing!

Hey Christina!! Yep, both my fiance (tigggg98) are on that thread and we are also signed up for the M&M on monday! I've spoke to you before on there...we are the ones getting married the day of the cruise on the beach!

There are a great group of people over there on the thread. I cannot wait to see you all!! :D

Hey Christina!! Yep, both my fiance (tigggg98) are on that thread and we are also signed up for the M&M on monday! I've spoke to you before on there...we are the ones getting married the day of the cruise on the beach!

There are a great group of people over there on the thread. I cannot wait to see you all!! :D

Doh! So sorry....I'm so used to seeing tigggg98 that I think I'm losing my mind. Too many details to handle puts it in overload mode.

Hello Everyone......Today was a day of perfect weather. After feeling a little under the weather this morning, I decided not to go into Georgetown, but to at least take the tender in so I could get some photos of the ships in port today. I have been to Grand Cayman many times, and I thought that I might not need to chance it. When I came back I went to the Ship Shape Center to work out.When I got done, I just went to the Library, and watched a movie.

Well I do have pics today , of downtown and many ships. Four of the ships will be following us to Cozumel tommorrow. Star Princess, Rhapsody, Conquest, and Westerdam will be with us. Rhapsody of the Seas will be at the same pier as us !

Today was a little boring, however....here are lots of pics !

Radio

;)

47b5da35b3127cce917dd97499a300000016108BctXLFu0cC

47b5da35b3127cce917dd88758f800000016108BctXLFu0cC

47b5da35b3127cce917dd94a999d00000016108BctXLFu0cC

47b5da35b3127cce917ddf4a18ae00000016108BctXLFu0cC

MeeMaw Jeanne....The link is at the bottom of each page.....

ciship....The only way to post photos is to have a Cybercabin package. It is $100 per week for unlimited use. The internet cafe is .75 / min.

brianandtanya....Captain Olsen said he did not know who would be replacing him in 4 weeks.

Maddle... I talked with the Tender Captain and was told that the reconstruction was coming along very slow. I could see dozens and dozens of building without roofs on them. There is alot of contruction going on downtown as well.

ArizonaCruiser85374....The front did not effect us at all...I couldn't even see it. I think that 7 ships being in Grand Cayman is unusual....I checked there website.

jsimpson73....I would say that the ship is nearly booked. I know that there are 840 Crown and Anchor Members on board.

Cristina1003....7570 is on the same side as me...My cabin is 5 cabins forward of the forward elevator. 7570 is about 15 cabins aft of the forward elevator.

The Captain said that there were 2 women who arrived at the dock after the final tender was loading passengers onboard Mariner. I guess they will be flying to Cozumel.

Tonight is my Diamond Crown anf Anchor party.....I'll see what else I can find out. Today's free Movies are "The Terminal " and "Raising Helen " In the screening room they are showing "De Lovely"

The 3rd Ice show "Ice Under the Big Top" is being held tonight. and the 2nd production show "Pure Energy" is being held in the Savoy theatre.

We should be arriving in Cozumel tommorrow at about 10am.

Here are some more pics...

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

;)

47b5da35b3127cce917ddecc58b000000016108BctXLFu0cC

47b5da35b3127cce917def9b995700000016108BctXLFu0cC

47b5da35b3127cce917dddb8996d00000016108BctXLFu0cC

47b5da35b3127cce917deceb588e00000016108BctXLFu0cC

Here's a few more....

Radio

;)

A Conquest Tender....

47b5da35b3127cce917de260580200000016108BctXLFu0cC

Were ready to leave.....

47b5da35b3127cce917de37f99b500000016108BctXLFu0cC

Westerdam Tender

47b5da35b3127cce917de2bdd9ef00000016108BctXLFu0cC

Rhapsody of the Seas, Victory, and Conquest (L/R)

47b5da35b3127cce917de381994b00000016108BctXLFu0cC

Radio,

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with a GREAT review of your trip. The photos are excellent! My wife and I are taking our first cruise on June 12th and it's the Mariner. Your posts are really getting us excited!!

Question - You mention working out at the fitness center. I plan to do the same. Can you share any information about the machines - treadmills, ellipticals, stair steppers, etc? Are they good quality and when is it the most crowded or easiest to find a machine to use? With all the food everyone tells me is available, I figured I'd better try to work off a few calories everyday....

Thanks again for your reports - you've got us very excited about our first cruise!!

Dustypup

Archived