"LIVE" from the Mariner o4-10-05

Radio

Radio: The pictures look great! Oh, it all takes me back! Thanks for posting the picture of the band Focus getting ready to set up. I feel like I am sitting on the pool deck waiting to start dancing! Oh, the memories!

If you have the chance...and if you feel comfortable asking, please find out if Focus will still be on the Mariner during the week of May 8th. Thanks so much!

ciship: I would have to say I love the Pride, probably because it was our first cruise but also the dining room staff made it for us. They knew our names, what we wanted to eat and drink every night. It is a beautiful ship. But the Mariner is wonderful, big and beautiful. I never got bored between the activities and the golf we had a great time. We had the best room steward we have ever had on any cruise on the Mariner. Can't wait to sail in October.

Mick

Radio: Thanks so much for your updates - can't wait till I'm there! Just wondering - do you know if they are offering the $50/day unlimited alcohol deal? Or any other alcohol special cards? Have fun and keep your updates/pictures coming - you have quite a following!

ciship...There are 3 Ping Pong tables on deck 13. They are protected from the wind and are near the Sports Court. I will post a picture this week.

Adventure Girl...I will speak with them tommorrow.

Pmfan..I will get a picture tommorrow in Labadee...

We are about 200 miles from Labadee, and about 100 miles from the Turks and Caicos islands. I brought my GPS and while I know where we are..it is fun to be able to identify many islands.

See you in Labadee...

Radio

;)

Busy day at the pool...

46846818-63dd-02000180-.jpg

Looking out of 7532....

46846819-6c93-02000180-.jpg

Rhapsody in Blue, Top Hat and Tails , Sound of Music Dining rooms...

46845784-d4a3-02000180-.jpg

Peek a Boo bridge....Deck 11

46846817-8305-02000180-.jpg

Thanks for the great updates and all the pics. We will be on Mariner this July 10th. Do you have early or late dining? We have late dining - do you know if the shows are before or after the late dining. Thanks.

Hi Marcy - What is a "hump cabin"? We are in 9318, sailing next Sunday, the 17th.

Hi,

Well I'm new to RCI and sailing on the Mariner for the first time and from what I've read hear they are the cabins that stick out midship near the elevators and like the aft's receive praise.

I'll know June 26th so I let everyone know.

Marcy

Radio,

We're going to be onboard May 8 - 15 along with Adventure Girl, Wrighka, Grahame & Jan and others who have checked in here. We've got quite a lively group going over on our roll call thread.

Love your photography! Yours look the the thousands of pics I expect to bring home: every little detail of the ship! I like photos that have character. Although it's a shame to see that the bright, colorful artwork on the spa canopies seems to be fading from all that Caribbean sun! I hope it's only the angle of the picture.

It's neat that you're on another trip so soon. We followed your January trip, too. Here's a funny story for you. One of the pictures you posted from January was of the Rhapsody leaving port in Cozumel. That same week, a co-worker was onboard the Rhapsody, so I sent him to look at your picture just for fun. Turns out that he and his wife are a couple of the figures visible up on the deck, because they were standing up there waving to Mariner and yelling at her passengers as they left! He was shocked and thrilled to find that coincidental picture! Afterall, how often does one get a picture of themselves on a ship that is sailing away! And to have it coming through third party strangers, known only by chatty screen names! What a small world!

Speaking of screen names, I'm curious to the significance of "radio." If you care to divulge.

I'll eagerly await checking into your reports, and we, too, hope Capt. Johnny is back by May 8. Thanks.

Radio,

This is way to cool!!!;)

You make us feel like we are "Out There".

This will be my first RCI cruise on the Mariner to St. Thomas & St. Martains and I can't wait!!! Will be on deck 8 in Cat. E1 cabin 8318 by the evelators and if I looking correct at the deck plans the internet cafe is right outside our cabins. Peek out and say a big "Hi" to my cabin.

What about the spa specials and prices? Also the pool close to the spa area, is it very crowded?

I love the pics, keep them coming, your making me get soooo excited!!!;)

Thanks for all the info and have a wonderful cruise.

Marcy;)

Radio - This thread is just great - I can't wait for my husband to share it. He hasn't been on a cruise yet - and this makes me so glad I chose the Mariner for his first adventure in September. Your pictures are fabulous, here attached to the thread and on the website. Best wishes for a great week's vacation.

Cruisemeister8 - I just LOVE that story about your friends on the Rhapsody. What a small small world, isn't it?

Maddle

We're about 15 miles from Labadee, the sun just came up, and it looks like it will be a great day!

marcyjane...Thanks for the comments. I am not using the internet cafe, but am using Cybercabin from my cabin. That is the only war that I can post photos to this thread. I have to first load them on my Cruise Photo Page, then log into Cruise Critic and post there.There are many more pics on my Photo Page from all 4 Mariner Cruises (as well as many other ones). All pools have been extremely crowded during our only day at sea.

cruisemeister8...The photos are accurate. The spa canopies are extremely faded. I used to work at Radio Shack 20 years ago, and received a complimentary acct with AOL....Cruise Critic started being only available w/AOL .The screen name just stuck... Thanks for the comments.

Peggy13...I have late dining....

Radio

;) ;)

Captains Gala Reception

46869136-3fc7-02000180-.jpg

Viking Crown Lounge at Dusk...

46869135-b87f-02000180-.jpg

Arriving at Labadee

46869298-eb34-02000180-.jpg

Radio.....Thanks a million times for all these photos etc .....absolutelty brilliant......ohh I could just go some sunshine....brrrr freezing and wet here in Scotland.

By the way....we have to take an extra suitcase because of Radio Shack.......my son goes crazy when we go to US....the shopping list is ready for RadioShack...and still 6 months till USA.

Oooh I wanna dip my toes in the pool......barman another Martini please!!!

Liz

Radio! Thanks! This is great! I will be on The Mariner 11/05. If you can, will you please check out cabin 9624? Suppose to be on the "hump". I'e never had one of these before and am interested in if there really is more room and better view while docked.

Thanks,

Celene

Oh how I hate being back at work! But checking in to your post and seeing your picture of Labadee brings me back.....wishing I was on my balcony watching the island in the distance!

Can't wait until your next set of pix--I'm addicted:D

THANK YOU RADIO-

WE ARE ON THE MARINER 5/15 AND ARE

COUNTING DOIWN THE DAYS!!!!:)

GREAT PICTURES- OH MY I CAN'T WAIT...

THIS IS MY & DH'S 1ST CRUISE- WE ARE

GOING WITH A GROUP OF 28 AND ARE

SOOOO EXCITED- KEEP THOSE PICS COMING!!

HAVE FUN!!:cool:

Sherri

Radio..

Thanx once again for the great pix and info !!! I have a group of 28 people sailing on 5/15--each day i send out a picture of the day via email... you are making it extremely easy this week....have a tremendous time !!!

Hey Radio,

Thanks for all the information, we are travelling on her May 8th, our 4th Voyager class ship in last 3 years, like you we just love them. Your notes & pics have really made an impact on these boards as you have had nearly 100 posts & close to 3,300 hits in under 2 days. WOW! WOW! WOW!

Thanks,

Radio-

This is the best thread ever! I will be on that beautiful ship in 68 days and I can't wait! I do have a completely non-cruise related question for you. What kind of camera are you using? These are gorgeous pictures and I want the same kind of camera for my cruise!

Holding my breath for more pics...;)

Hi Radio, love the pictures and am looking forward to seeing more.

I was curious what the name of the suite 1320 is (Owner's suite deck 10 by the aft elevators). Can you please find out if you happen to pass that by? Thank you !!:D

Hi,

Well I'm new to RCI and sailing on the Mariner for the first time and from what I've read hear they are the cabins that stick out midship near the elevators and like the aft's receive praise.

I'll know June 26th so I let everyone know.

Marcy

Thanks for the response Marcy. I guess we just stumbled into it. We booked with the Loyalty Ambassador when we were on the Grandeur last July and she didn't make any big deal about it. I chose it primarily because of the accessibilty to the elevators.

We'll find out what it's all about this Sunday.:) Can't wait.

..my two cents to say THANKS for going to the time and expense with the pics and great Mariner descriptions.

May have to plan on the Mariner in the future. Incredible ship.

Hope the rest of your adventure is just as fun!!!

Mitch

Archived