Carnival Dream Picture Review, December 10th-17th, 2011

italianfemmy

it's only now just growing on you? after everyone has been saying that it is... if not the "best" picture, the one that absolutely grabs your attention and the one everyone remembers and everyone's favorite ;-)

Haha.. haven't seen you in forever... of course you'd be silently stalking the thread waiting for something to bust my chops on. :-)

Thanks for sharing your trip and pictures. My husband and I are booked for the Dream 02/02/13. After reading your post I wish it was sooner.

Trust me, I know how far away that seems but it's so amazing to have something to look forward to.. it's like something bright on the horizon. But with that said, I'd give anything to be back out there right now. :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Leaving on the Dream in late June. Due to time restraints, it has taken me 4 nights to read your review. It was absolutely fabulous!!!! I read it at night before I went to bed and it was like reading an awesome book that you didn't want to put down. Thanks so much. Look forward to the Dream.:)

WOW is what comes to mind after reading and thoroughly enjoying your review and beautiful pictures. Thank you for taking the time to share your story and pictures. You are truly a talented photographer. Also thank you for sharing so much of your personal story. It really makes me feel like I know you. ;)

Hey everyone! I am sorry, I have been M.I.A. lately from the internet. I've been so busy with clients and weddings and traveling for shoots that I just haven't had time to invest into being a CC member lately! Thank you all so much for continuing to read this thread and I am so happy that you're all enjoying it still. It truly makes all the time that I put into creating it worth the work!!

For those of you with upcoming cruises on the Dream: Have a blast!!! Take loads of photos and relax and enjoy yourselves!

We will be on the Dream shortly after you...April 6, 2013, and we are also from the same city..:) I am trying to find pictures that show what the "open area" on the deck plans actually is on deck 7 aft...if anyone knows, I would really appreciate it. Our friends are in a balcony cabin - 7376 I think, and we are up the deck a bit in an interior cabin.

have a wonderful cruise, and I look forward to your review as well.

thanks so much to italianfemmy for such amazing photos...I am going to forward this thread to our friends to look at.

Thanks for sharing your trip and pictures. My husband and I are booked for the Dream 02/02/13. After reading your post I wish it was sooner.

• 3 weeks later...
We will be on the Dream shortly after you...April 6, 2013, and we are also from the same city..:) I am trying to find pictures that show what the "open area" on the deck plans actually is on deck 7 aft...if anyone knows, I would really appreciate it. Our friends are in a balcony cabin - 7376 I think, and we are up the deck a bit in an interior cabin.

have a wonderful cruise, and I look forward to your review as well.

thanks so much to italianfemmy for such amazing photos...I am going to forward this thread to our friends to look at.

Glad you loved the photos! I cannot believe this thread has now become the most viewed review thread on the carnival boards! :-)

Hello readers! Day 3 of our itinerary puts us in Cozumel, Mexico. A couple of cruises ago, we visited Cozumel and something rather traumatic happened to me within the first 30 minutes of getting off of the ship. So, we went back to the ship and didn't experience Cozumel at all. I won't go into details but I'll say that going back to Cozumel was one part of this itinerary that I wasn't looking forward to. So, I booked a Carnival excursion to go to Dolphinaris and swim with the dolphins. I'll get into this more soon.

The night before, we chose room service items to be delivered to us for breakfast since we knew we'd have to get up early to be ready and off of the ship for our excursion. I've never looked at the room service menu for breakfast on previous cruises but was annoyed that there weren't any protein options on the menu. They basically had cereal, bagels, yogurt, milk, etc.

Our breakfast arrived about 20 minutes late which had me in panic mode but no biggie - we wolfed it down. Then we headed off of the ship. Getting off of the ship was really easy on this day as it wasn't a tender port and we probably only had about 10 people in front of us to get off.

We're running a little late because of the breakfast but I want to take a few photos. Latanya is yelling at me.. okay not yelling.. just insisting we need to go. I can see how short the walk is so I am insisting I need to take a few photos real quick. :-) I won so here they are:

IMG_2292-web.jpg

Another view showing the Dream all tied up very well. (mad at myself for being in a rush and not noticing I cut off the "M". )

IMG_2294-web.jpg

The Voyager of the Seas and the Jewel of the Seas were also in port:

IMG_2297-web.jpg

Tried to crop out as many people as I could:

IMG_2298-web.jpg

We had to walk inside this short shopping plaza in order to get back outside to the hub of where all the tours met up. There was this man wearing a gold pirate suit. There are people in every port that dress up like something and want tips for you to take photos of them or with them. But they're all normally very nice about it and will pose for you first and then hint at their tip jar. This man, however was grouchy and wouldn't pose for anyone. In fact, when someone pointed their camera at him, he'd point at his tip bucket and block his face or turn around really fast to make sure they missed the shot. He might have better luck if he was nice to people. I had a fast enough camera that I got one anyway and while I would have tipped him like I later on tipped several others, I chose not to because of how grumpy he was.

IMG_2300-web.jpg

As we walked out of the shopping hallway, there was one of those cut out things that you put your head in. I had Latanya pose in it for me so I could get the lighting and settings right on the camera and then asked someone else to just press the button once I hopped into the photo.

IMG_2304-web.jpg

Don't we look... happy? Haha!

That is so funny! I encountered the gold pirate at the Marina in Cabo San Lucas and he promptly requested a tip. I would have tipped him, but was shocked to be asked for one.

Great review Alicia!

• 3 weeks later...
That is so funny! I encountered the gold pirate at the Marina in Cabo San Lucas and he promptly requested a tip. I would have tipped him, but was shocked to be asked for one.

Great review Alicia!

Oh my gosh - he was so grumpy and greedy! I always tip the people that let us take photos with them but never have had someone put their hand out and expect to get one before even letting you step into the frame with them. lol

Alicia,

I've just spent about 4 hours reading the whole thread. I don't want to overwhelm you because I know you're busy but I have a few points and comments that I MUST make:

Best pictures ever (I am in the 'I-like-the-windshield-as-part-of-the-shot' camp).

As a 'correct spelling' fanatic, I totally appreciate the fact that you know the difference between "your" and "you're"...and you use correct capitalization, punctuation, sentence structure, and grammar (as you see from THIS sentence, I don't).

As a 'late commer' (is that a word? It is now) to the party, I missed all the drama/other thread about you "trying to advertise" your business. #1. I NEVER got that impression. And, #2. It sounds like you're plenty busy enough without trying to advertise.

I have NEVER seen a review get exactly ZERO snarky comments. I may have missed them if they were there but usually there are a bazillion know-it-alls who will have a 'bad' story to off-set every one of your good. This observation was refreshing.

Please, for the love of all that's good in heaven, do an Alaskan cruise so we can see your pictures.

Finally, as someone who...eh hem...goes to your church, so to speak, I am in love with Steve. There, I said it. Sorry to my gf of 6 yrs. I SERIOUSLY want to hang with him. His comments and yours back to him added one more 'layer' (yeah..I know.."how many times can this girl use ' ' in a post?) to an already enjoyable review.

If ya'll are ever in Houston.....;)

Alicia,

I've just spent about 4 hours reading the whole thread. I don't want to overwhelm you because I know you're busy but I have a few points and comments that I MUST make:

Best pictures ever (I am in the 'I-like-the-windshield-as-part-of-the-shot' camp).

As a 'correct spelling' fanatic, I totally appreciate the fact that you know the difference between "your" and "you're"...and you use correct capitalization, punctuation, sentence structure, and grammar (as you see from THIS sentence, I don't).

As a 'late commer' (is that a word? It is now) to the party, I missed all the drama/other thread about you "trying to advertise" your business. #1. I NEVER got that impression. And, #2. It sounds like you're plenty busy enough without trying to advertise.

I have NEVER seen a review get exactly ZERO snarky comments. I may have missed them if they were there but usually there are a bazillion know-it-alls who will have a 'bad' story to off-set every one of your good. This observation was refreshing.

Please, for the love of all that's good in heaven, do an Alaskan cruise so we can see your pictures.

Finally, as someone who...eh hem...goes to your church, so to speak, I am in love with Steve. There, I said it. Sorry to my gf of 6 yrs. I SERIOUSLY want to hang with him. His comments and yours back to him added one more 'layer' (yeah..I know.."how many times can this girl use ' ' in a post?) to an already enjoyable review.

Okay, firstly you must email me so we can become friends on FB and keep in touch! I loved your response to my review! Steve is awesome... I've become a slacker and don't keep in touch with him as much as I'd like to because I am so overwhelmed with work. But, he still holds a lil place in this gals heart. :-)

I noticed too that this review doesn't have any nasty, snarky comments in it. Nothing has ever had to be moderated or deleted out of it which is impressive considering it has 107,000 views and is the most viewed review thread. (Speaking of which, wow... that's so awesome!!! ... and totally motivates me to do another one when I sail the Breeze in November. :-)

I would LOVE to do an Alaskan cruise. And of course, take some killer photos. If I go on an Alaskan cruise though, I am going to have to convince a passenger in the roll call to bring their wedding dress so I can do some bridal photos there because I'd be so bummed the whole time if I didn't get to do that! lol.

Thanks for all of your kind and awesome words and air quotes! My email is (no spaces) Pure Emotions Photography at gmail

Welcome to the club! It's a shot that grabs your eye before you start looking at the technical gobbledy-gook that Alicia keeps talking about. It might not be a shot that would win any awards, but I would not at all be surprised if it couldn't be sold as a stock photo for advertisers or something like that. I expect to see in a magazine ad someday.

Awwww. Alicia did tell me that I was also 'family' and now you're talking about church... how many code words do y'all expect Mr. Oblivious to remember? So far, I'm finding the clam and rainbow umbrella avatar is a pretty good sign though :p

Okay, firstly you must email me so we can become friends on FB and keep in touch! I loved your response to my review! Steve is awesome... I've become a slacker and don't keep in touch with him as much as I'd like to because I am so overwhelmed with work. But, he still holds a lil place in this gals heart. :-)

uhhhhh-huh! Busy Bee... at least you're right about the awesome part! :cool:

I noticed too that this review doesn't have any nasty, snarky comments in it. Nothing has ever had to be moderated or deleted out of it which is impressive considering it has 107,000 views and is the most viewed review thread. (Speaking of which, wow... that's so awesome!!! ... and totally motivates me to do another one when I sail the Breeze in November. :-)

I'm going to have to avoid CC for the six days you are off before we go on... I want to leave a little something of a surprise for when we go in December.

WOW!!!

There is SOMETHING about this picture. The scene looks like one of those that you would see in a magazine advertisement for some seemingly unrelated product. The kind of advertising that makes you look at it and think, "what does this image try to say about the product?"

VERY COOL!!

I totally agree! I stopped on this pic for a full minute and showed it to my boyfriend and everything!

I am not even cruising on the Dream - found this post looking for info on swimming with dolphins in Cozumel in December (Is it too cold??) and got sucked in by the amazing review! Hope to meet you on a cruise one day! Fantastic pictures!!!

I totally agree! I stopped on this pic for a full minute and showed it to my boyfriend and everything!

I am not even cruising on the Dream - found this post looking for info on swimming with dolphins in Cozumel in December (Is it too cold??) and got sucked in by the amazing review! Hope to meet you on a cruise one day! Fantastic pictures!!!

I've been on many November/December cruises... in fact, this review was for a December cruise and the water was cold for the first 30 seconds.. I won't lie. But then it adjusted quickly and once the dolphins were around us, I didn't even know what cold was!

Thanks for reading my review!!

Thank you so much for this review. We just booked The Dream for May 11, 2013 for the whole family.

We just got off the Legend beginning of May this year, just me and the hubby for our anniversary.

We can't wait for our boys to experience this.

I have really enjoyed reading your review & looking at your pictures! I'm only part of the way through, but wanted to tell you how much I'm enjoying this! Thanks for all your hard work! We sail on the Dream on October 13, 2012!

Thank you so much for this review. We just booked The Dream for May 11, 2013 for the whole family.

We just got off the Legend beginning of May this year, just me and the hubby for our anniversary.

We can't wait for our boys to experience this.

So excited for you that you're going on the Dream! How old are your boys?