Canaletto Reservations?

potsie57

Newbie here, sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search and can't seem to find my answer! When can you make reservations for the Canaletto restaurant? Can you make them as soon as you board the ship? And where would we go to do this?? Leaving Jan. 8 on the Niew Amsterdam, this is only our second cruise ever!!! thanks

Only on board. If you have access to the Neptune Lounge, they can book the reservations.

Otherwise, somewhere near the entrance to the Lido from the midship elevators will be a reservation podium.

I believe you may also book by dailing 88 on the cabin phone.

As soon as we got onto the ship we went directly to the Lido -- the podium will either be located inside the Lido or just outside (midships) to make our Canaletto reservations.

I know better than to have the concierges try to make reservations on the first day as they are quite busy handling problems and introducing themselves to the guests. Usually all they have time to do is to write down your request and then try and make the the reservations when they have a chance. One time they were so busy that by the time they are able to make our request -- too late.

Newbie here, sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search and can't seem to find my answer! When can you make reservations for the Canaletto restaurant? Can you make them as soon as you board the ship? And where would we go to do this?? Leaving Jan. 8 on the Niew Amsterdam, this is only our second cruise ever!!! thanks

Hi!

We're on this sailing also. I'm not sure if you know about the Roll Call section of Cruise Critic. You can "talk" with others who are also on this sailing about activities on and off the ship. Come on over and join us if you're interested!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1419125

Carol

We never did the canaletto, but we will this time. On the Prinsendam (which doesn't have a Canaletto) they offered a Canaletto tasting. it was scrumptious:) Just go to the Lido on day one and you will have your reservations as others have said;) It is free and allows time if you have a late port or whatever - enjoy:D

If you forget, Canaletto never seems overly crowded, and they would probably take walk ups on most nights.

We checked the Canalletto almost nightly, and ate there twice on our 14 day N. Amsterdam cruise this month. I would say it was above 80% full every night.

Hi!

We're on this sailing also. I'm not sure if you know about the Roll Call section of Cruise Critic. You can "talk" with others who are also on this sailing about activities on and off the ship. Come on over and join us if you're interested!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1419125

Carol

Hi Carol, I see you are from Wisconsin! We lived in the Green Bay area for 15 years before moving to North Carolina...

We never did the canaletto, but we will this time. On the Prinsendam (which doesn't have a Canaletto) they offered a Canaletto tasting. it was scrumptious:) Just go to the Lido on day one and you will have your reservations as others have said;) It is free and allows time if you have a late port or whatever - enjoy:D

Also, there is no requirement to leave a gratuity at the completion of your meal in the Canaletto! ;) (kazu, welcome back to CC! I missed you!) :):D

Also, there is no requirement to leave a gratuity at the completion of your meal in the Canaletto! ;) (kazu, welcome back to CC! I missed you!) :):D

Our first cruise with HAL Eurodam, the Canaletto is it also on Eurodam?

If I read the post right it's a free restaurant, no pay?

Looks interesting, how many times can you reserve on a 1 week cruise?

Thanks,

Linda:)

Our first cruise with HAL Eurodam, the Canaletto is it also on Eurodam?

If I read the post right it's a free restaurant, no pay?

Looks interesting, how many times can you reserve on a 1 week cruise?

Thanks,

Linda:)

Yes, Eurodam has one, it is free, and you can eat there every night, if you wish. Your next question- its the same menu every night, so that deters eating there every night.

Yes, Eurodam has one, it is free, and you can eat there every night, if you wish. Your next question- its the same menu every night, so that deters eating there every night.

Well, one could order something different off of the (same) Canaletto menu every night, couldn't one? :confused: ;)

When we cruised on the Nieuw Amsterdam in March, we went straight to the Lido for lunch upon embarkation. There is a podium right at the entrance with a staff worker manning a computer with all the dining reservations. We made our Caneletto reservation right there and then for that evening and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Archived