Bed bugs

Ok now I"m officially grossed out. I just did not need to know about this a few days before my cruise! Thank God I'm not going on the Jewel but who the heck knows if it's on the Enchantment! I'm gonna look at our bedsheets with a fine toothed comb!

Ok now I"m officially grossed out. I just did not need to know about this a few days before my cruise! Thank God I'm not going on the Jewel but who the heck knows if it's on the Enchantment! I'm gonna look at our bedsheets with a fine toothed comb!

Bostonlass:

I share your disgust ! Be "vigilant" as one poster suggested and take a good look at the mattress before you go to sleep. I think if you do this and see there is nothing....you'll sleep MUCH better :)

I would also think that RCI has likely done a full sweep of their cabins and/or mattresses......this kind of publicity can be disasterous :(

Try and relax.....you will have a wonderful cruise :D

Did anyone hear on the news this morning about the couple who were sailing on RCCL and were taking over by bed bugs???:confused: They said that there were hundreds in the their headboard!!!:eek: I have no clue what ship but that is what was said.

I love RCCL, they are my favorite line. But I sure hope that they weren't sleeping with me on my cruise on the Voyager!:D

What exactly is a bed bug? Are they actually real? I thought they were just things we told are kids "don't let the bed bugs bite"? Who know???:confused:

RCCL please get this matter taken care of quickly so we can choose to sleep alone if we decide too, thanks.;)

Are you kidding??? I'll be ripping the headboard off my bed as soon as we get in the cabin!!!

Now I gotta add bug spray to the list of "must packs"!

hey Karen ~ I sure will be checking as well...we board Jewel in 12 days....

Emmy

Are you kidding??? I'll be ripping the headboard off my bed as soon as we get in the cabin!!!

Now I gotta add bug spray to the list of "must packs"!

Vacation Packing List

1. Duct tape

2. Large ziplock bags

3. Post-it notes

4. Bungy cords

5. Insect repellant

6. Rid-a-bug spray

7. Mosquito netting16_7_204.gif16_7_203.gif

16_7_201.gif16_7_202.gif

And the list goes on!

Stretch

From this article:

The Wasserstorms say this is the last cruise they will ever take.

Maybe so, but that doesn't mean that you couldn't run into the same thing on a land based hotel. :( I'm surprised that RCCL didn't at least give them some extra reimbursement for the hotel/medical though. What a nightmare.

All right, y'all are missing the most obvious piece that makes me think this is a farce...................

Talking about the "previous" guests walking in while he was in his underwear, because security did NOT get their keys before they moved them.

RCCL would never move one set of passengers to accomodate another. They would just relocate the first set being inconvenienced.

Sounds like the 20/20 expose on hotels with the black lights I saw 2 days before leaving for vegas!

hey Karen ~ I sure will be checking as well...we board Jewel in 12 days....

Emmy

Ouch! It happened on the Jewel! I wish we could find out what cabin they were in!! maybe if we could have a link to the actual review someone could ask them.

I honestly feel as though I am going to 'hooey'! Blech! Also feel a nightmare coming on tonight! Please, please....no creepy-crawlies.....I can't stand the thought!!!!! Say it isn't so!

M.

I'm sorry, but they are rather common. And more and more people are bringing them into our office for identification. Bedbugs are unfortunately on the rise. Hotels, cruise ships, houses. They are about the size of a small tick, easily visible, and they do leave blood smears and black droppings on the mattress after feeding. You can check your mattress, and you should (we keep forgetting to do this) leave your bags zipped or latched closed when they are underneath the bed. It's just one of those things. They are gross. You can take action on the ship about them, if you encounter them. They do bite, but are not carriers of disease. The most important thing to remember is that you DO NOT want to bring them home to your own house. They are very difficult to get rid of, once an infestation has started. :)

All right, y'all are missing the most obvious piece that makes me think this is a farce...................

Talking about the "previous" guests walking in while he was in his underwear, because security did NOT get their keys before they moved them.

RCCL would never move one set of passengers to accomodate another. They would just relocate the first set being inconvenienced.

Sounds like the 20/20 expose on hotels with the black lights I saw 2 days before leaving for vegas!

Here's the link to an article about this guy's story. Looks real to me.

http://www1.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/C73336/

From this article:

Maybe so, but that doesn't mean that you couldn't run into the same thing on a land based hotel. :( I'm surprised that RCCL didn't at least give them some extra reimbursement for the hotel/medical though. What a nightmare.

When I heard the story on my local news, LAST Thursday, they said RCI DID pay for it all! Now all of a sudden RCI seems to have done NOTHING??? BS. This is nothin more than media spin. These news channels pay attention to what other channels report and then they jump on the bandwagon.

When I first saw this, they showed the couple, told the story, and I went on the net and looked for about an hour, and could find nothing anywhere else. NOW all of a sudden it's a BIG story? Somebody wants something....they need to just give it a rest. I don't doubt for a second that the review is embellished too.:rolleyes:

Archived