Does O offer a transfer from Le Havre into Paris after disembarking?

bornfreenowexpensive

I have no idea but if they do offer a transfer it most likely is a lot more expensive than finding your own option. When we transferred from Dover to London a few years ago the van we found was MUCH cheaper than O's transfer.

Of course, if you are only looking for a transfer for two people it will probably be more expensive (on a per capita basis) than if you are 4-6 people. Maybe you can find some others on your roll call who are looking to do the same thing.

We happen to be doing a Viking river cruise in France in April and most of us seem to be staying in Paris either before of after the cruise. I would be surprised if you are the only ones looking for a transfer to Paris!

Mura

Someone else on the roll call is looking to rent a van for their group of six. We disembark on a Sunday. I have figured it out how to do it by train. Just checking to see if Oceania offered anything, it might be worth the difference when you add in train tickets, and taxi to train station.

Someone else on the roll call is looking to rent a van for their group of six. We disembark on a Sunday. I have figured it out how to do it by train. Just checking to see if Oceania offered anything, it might be worth the difference when you add in train tickets, and taxi to train station.

How did you manage to book the cruise without having the transfer options spelled out for you?

Either your Travel Agent dropped the ball, or you should be using a Travel Agent.

My TA booked the precruise hotel and transfers. I think I told her that I was doing Paris myself. Maybe. Who can remember. Anyway I booked a hotel in Paris that I wanted.

She booked transfers from the airport in Stockholm into the city and I know I can get on the train or shuttle easily, so I will probably cancel her booking.

i will probably just do the train from Le Harve into Paris.

I've seen transfers listed on the excursions tabs for most cruise lines. In the ports which bookend the cruise, there will be only transfers, no tours. My experience with Oceania transfers is that they are very expensive. For instance, a transfer only from Zeebruge to Brugges, a distance of about 8 miles, was $ 130 per person. This was a ride in the tour bus to town, no tour. We booked a shared taxi with some other passengers for about $ 12 per person.

Transfers are normally offered to people who arrive the day of cruise departure and arrival. If you are using a hotel booked through the cruise line, a transfer may also be included. However, when I priced out Oceania hotel options, their hotel rates were 4 x the rack rate for the hotels. Even my travel agent advised against this. I didn't feel like paying $ 2000 for a night in a hotel and a transfer, so we booked a hotel independently, and used a taxi in ports where distances are short. Where distances are longer, try finding a shared van or taxi to your airport or city after the cruise. Or use public transit if available and workable for you. The CC roll call boards are good places to find others to share taxis/vans.

Archived