cant book aft balcony because I only have 2 people?

amillard222

We are 35 days away from cruising and I noticed that there is an aft balcony avalible when I do a mock booking for 2 people on the pride. So I called Carnival and the lady said that because the room holds 3 and I only have 2 that I am not eligable to book that particular cabin. I am a little disappointed that I cant book it over the phone but when I try to book it online for 2 people it would let me go thru with it. I would have really loved to have an aft balcony...oh well I guess my regular balcony will have to work:D

This is from the cruise contract:

(g) Specific stateroom assignments are not guaranteed. Carnival reserves the right to move Guests to a comparable stateroom for any reason, including but not limited to, instances in which a stateroom is booked with fewer than the maximum number of Guests the stateroom can accommodate; or when a partial Guest cancellation occurs and the remaining number of Guests do not match the maximum number of Guests the stateroom can accommodate.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/ticket_contract.aspx

We have been warned that we could be moved when booking a standard balcony that accommodated more than two but our TA was able to make the booking. My guess is Carnival won't do this for aft balconies because there are so few it may be impossible to provide something that would satisfy the party being moved.

We are 35 days away from cruising and I noticed that there is an aft balcony avalible when I do a mock booking for 2 people on the pride. So I called Carnival and the lady said that because the room holds 3 and I only have 2 that I am not eligable to book that particular cabin. I am a little disappointed that I cant book it over the phone but when I try to book it online for 2 people it would let me go thru with it. I would have really loved to have an aft balcony...oh well I guess my regular balcony will have to work:D

Book it online:D

and if you call again and get a different pvp you may get a different answer. and this close to the cruise, they may let you do it, of course with the understanding you may get bumped, BUT that bad thing, will it be in a location your not happy with. and besides, get you to pay more, and then sell yours for maybe higher than what you paid, win win for carnival. but if your happy anyways with your cabin location, as you say, stay lol

Really!

I have NEVER had a problem booking an aft cabin for two of us, Maybe you might try looking at cruisedeckplans.com. They have a key as to what cabins are for three or more. The CCL site should, too.

I hope this helps!:rolleyes:

I think the problem might be that the other rooms are sold out. It may also be too close to the cruise date. They are hoping to squeeze three people into that room and get the extra $$. We booked three aft balconies on the conquest. Only one of those rooms as a third (child) and the others two have 2 adults. Our room is set up for three also. We booked over 10 months out so that my have been why they let us. I'd keep what I have so I do not get stuck somewhere I don't like if I was you. Just use it as a reason to cruise next year and book an aft. I think we will try an aft wrap next year ;)

i've booked 3 in a quad, and even booked 1 in an adjoining quad, scared they may move.

on the former, they did move us, up to decks, but still aft.

on the latter, we were untouched (but still paid the single supplement).

i kept doing the kelly method to make sure we weren't touched. got nervous the day of my sailing until i realized they close guest services right before the cruise.

You need to call back and speak to someone else, there is no reason why you can't book that cabin........unfortunately, not everyone at Carnival is friendly or informative.

Good luck

At the end of August this year we booked two aft cabins on Carnival Pride. We had two adults in each cabin. It wasn't like we enjoyed any status with Carnival as it was our first cruise with this line. There was absolutely no booking problem.

I think the current issue is revenue: trying to get a fare from a third and fourth occupant. If it is, it is petty.

I tried booking 2 in a cabin that accommodates 3 and couldn't do it for our sailing in April 2013. I was told that it is allowed on certain sailings but not ones during "prime" time when they expect the ship to be at capacity.

On our last cruise on the Miracle we changed our port aft balcony cabin through our PVP to a cabin that was a quad and had opened up to be booked for only two about 2 and a half months before we cruised and we were not moved.

We are sailing on Legend on April 15,2012 and I just changed our balcony cabin again about 3 weeks ago to the quad cabin that had opened up for booking for two, I just noticed it and called my PVP and she changed it. And we are farther out from the cruise this time too, hopefully we don't get moved as we are cruising with friends and are in cabins next to eachother.

You should call carnival back and talk to someone else about it. Good luck.

Cindy

Archived