Ship to San diego airport??

mike x ftc

It can't be anymore than $10-15 dollars to the airport. It's right next door to where the ship is berthed. Don't bother with the HAL transport, just get your suitcases and head outside and get directly into a taxi, it's very simple and easy to do. If you do HAL transport, you wait for them to load up the bus and luggage and by that time you'd had it with waiting in lines. Just go on your own. By the time the bus is loaded, you could be at the airport.:D

Even though the airport is close to the docks, don't book too early of a flight home. One one cruise I was off the ship by 9:30am but some of our group who were non-US citizens were not off the ship until just before 1pm. Their documents were fine but there were other non-citizens who were messing things up.

On another cruise there were 2 ships in port which seems to really slow things down. I wasn't off the ship until 10:45am and a person I met on the cruise missed a noon flight.

Any flight time after 1pm should be fine. Hope this helps.

But better yet

you say from out of country

why not stay in San Diego a few days after

It is a great city to visit

I am from out of country as well but all 5 stays in San Diego have been great

Just an Idea

What cruise are you doing by the way

Thanks for all the replies, very encouraging news. I'm looking at the Celebrity Wine cruise on the Millennium. I really enjoyed Vancouver last time I was there.

I hadn't thought of extending a couple of nights in San Diego - thanks for the idea.

I was looking at a 11:55am flight out of San Diego, I'm a non US citizen (UK) - do you think this flight will be ok if I don't extend my stay??

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies, very encouraging news. I'm looking at the Celebrity Wine cruise on the Millennium. I really enjoyed Vancouver last time I was there.

I hadn't thought of extending a couple of nights in San Diego - thanks for the idea.

I was looking at a 11:55am flight out of San Diego, I'm a non US citizen (UK) - do you think this flight will be ok if I don't extend my stay??

Thanks

Maybe. You would need to be off the ship by 9am. Normally that would be OK but as previous posters have said anything can happen.

If you enjoyed Vancouver you will really enjoy San Diego.

In my opinion that flight is too early. Customs can mess things up to a fair thee well. And you should be at the airport 2 hours prior to flight time. Our disembarcation went smoothly and we weren't off the Oosterdam until 9:30AM. Even though the ship had pulled up to the pier before 7AM.:confused:

San Diego is a lovely city, stay at least one extra day. As for customs, it will likely only be bad if San Diego is preceded by a non-US stop. If you're taking the wine cruise, that's not the case, so I expect you'll disembark quickly.

With the wine cruise of the Millie's in September you will clear US customs and immigration in San Francisco. However, the San Diego cruise terminal is nothing more than an old shed and disembarkation is slow. We weren't off the Oosterdam until 9:30 on Friday.

With the wine cruise of the Millie's in September you will clear US customs and immigration in San Francisco. However, the San Diego cruise terminal is nothing more than an old shed and disembarkation is slow. We weren't off the Oosterdam until 9:30 on Friday.

Putterdude, Do you know if the 2012 September 10 day wine cruise of X's Century will clear US customs and immigration in Seattle (1st US port) ?

If so how will this affect disembarcation time 7 days later in San Diego?

Do you know if the 2012 September 10 day wine cruise of X's Century will clear US customs and immigration in Seattle (1st US port) ?

If so how will this affect disembarcation time 7 days later in San Diego?

It will clear Immigration (people) in Seattle ; and there will likely be a cursory customs check too to ensure you're not offloading a lot of goods. San Diego will be Customs, but no immigration, as you may have purchased duty-free on board, which would be delivered prior to docking.

When I have gone in and out of San Diego, I have not got off the ship until 9:30/10am. There are taxi's right outside the door when you get off the ship. The porters help you load and you can be at the airport for about $10.

Archived