Florida Airboat Tour-How Much Mobility Needed?

elzapato

I asked this on the excursion board but thought I might get a quicker answer here. Does anyone know how much mobility is needed for the airboat tour? We are thinking of taking the tour offered by Carnival which states you need to walk up seven steps from the patio to the floating dock but not sure how easy/hard the steps are to navigate. One member of our party would not be able to do steep steps. Thanks for any info.

You do need to be able to go up and down a flight of steps, walk a bit from the bus to the area where the boat ride is (large gravel parking lot) and be able to get in and out of a rocking boat. Think of it like a large rowboat style boat with bench seats. They will provide ear protection for use while the boat is in motion.

We enjoyed the tour. The St. Johns river is a beautiful waterway.

I loved this tour. I do remember a few steps to get up to the dock area but nothing crazy. Of course you will need to get in and out of the boat but it was pretty easy actually. There was also a bit of a walk afterwards to go and see a 'show' but I'm sure you could forego that and head back to the parking area to take a seat. All and all, very manageable.

I hope you go and enjoy it.

Archived