Question about Carribe deck on Crown

Fat Bottom Gurl

We are off to the Western Carribean in 5 weeks and received an upgrade from BG stateroom to C715. I've never been in a balacony stateroom so I have no idea what kind of upgrade we received. Is it true that the Carribe deck has bigger balconies?

I'm so darn excited - I've not been in the tropics in over 20 years.

That's a great upgrade. My favorite deck and cabin location. Not only do you have a balcony but it's extra large at about 9'x9', has two half-recliners, two chairs and a table, and is half-covered/half-uncovered so you have the best of both. My next two cruises are in almost the exact same location: C701 on the Star, C707 on the Ruby. Be thrilled... it doesn't get much better than your upgrade. Many prefer a Caribe balcony to even a mini-suite. :)

received an upgrade from BG stateroom to C715.
An excellent upgrade. We always get a caribe deck balcony for the reasons already stated. Your actually moving from the very front of the ship. Not the best location if the sea is rough.

We are off to the Western Carribean in 5 weeks and received an upgrade from BG stateroom to C715. I've never been in a balacony stateroom so I have no idea what kind of upgrade we received. Is it true that the Carribe deck has bigger balconies?

I'm so darn excited - I've not been in the tropics in over 20 years.

If you like the cabin and the location call your TA and have them mark "no upgrade" on your reservation.

If you don't mind an "upgrade" (might be to a mini-suite which has a larger inside with a sofa and a bathtub but a smaller balcony) then leave it alone.

We were on the Crown the week before Christmas. One of the highlights of our cruise was doing the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. It was a great experience, well worth the cost. I hope you have a great cruise.

I have to agree with Pam. That's a terrific upgrade to one of my favorite cabins. :D. In fact, I once downgraded from a mini-suite when one of those became available. Enjoy! And absolutely do either breakfast or dinner out there - it's a great experience. :)

I believe it's the first category that offers the semi-reclining chairs on the balcony. It's not a real reclining chair but the next best thing for relaxing with your feet on the other chair & the larger balcony will also allow you to move around the small table which is hard to do on the smaller ones.

Archived