Tell me a little bit about Quasar

tanelicus

Looks like a hip place, fun place (so does the martini bar).

Does it usually stay open a little later into the night. I realize that Celebrity is more of a refined experience, so I don't need to be told that.

Does it usually draw a crowd, or is it underutilized?

We aren't huge dancers, but enjoy the atmospher of nightclubs as well as people watching.

On most cruises the martini bar seems to have the most energy past the midnight hour. Quasar has been fairly underutilized on my S-Class cruises, but sometimes people have reported that it was a happening place - so it does vary some from cruise-to-cruise. It is worth checking out; you can always fall back on the martini bar if nothing is happening at Quasar.

Looks like a hip place, fun place (so does the martini bar).

Does it usually stay open a little later into the night. I realize that Celebrity is more of a refined experience, so I don't need to be told that.

Does it usually draw a crowd, or is it underutilized?

We aren't huge dancers, but enjoy the atmospher of nightclubs as well as people watching.

From my experience on the Equinox, Quasar is open late but not used a lot. Most of the late nighters where entertainment staff having a dance/ drink after their show. Given that many of these are attractive young ladies, yes, good people watching.:D

From my experience on the Equinox, Quasar is open late but not used a lot. Most of the late nighters where entertainment staff having a dance/ drink after their show. Given that many of these are attractive young ladies, yes, good people watching.:D

Heck. If I knew that I would been there with Skippy my scooter.:D

We did find a decent crowd at Quasar the night the DJ spun 80s music. No surprise considering the demographic. The Martini Bar was indeed our spot on Equinox, and in fact it's the main reason we bought the drink package. Two cocktails there and that's nearly half the daily cost.

Can't wait to see the revamped bar and Crush on Connie. Millie's old-style Martini Bar was a dud. No crowds at all.

We found the Quasar to be mostly empty whenever we passed by. We are nearing 60 but we are Salsa dancers. The DJ played our music when we asked but we retired around midnight. Wow!

It is odd that the disco is on the lower floor. We did observe Latin line dancing and Zumba during the day. No one was there at night.

On the 11/18 sailing, the Quasar was almost always empty. Sometimes I saw people play the Xbox Kinect there during the day, and at night I noticed it was occasionally crowded but for the most part it was deserted. I think that area is kind of a waste of space :(

I would attribute it to Celebrity not doing things to draw people into the venue, such as a 80's night and so forth. Why make a really hip big city looking nightclub, only to not do things to draw a crowd?

I've never even been able to figure out what s it, and despite our cabin being forward and using those elevators to access the Martini Bar on a nightly basis, which means you walk right past Quasar, we NEVER saw anyone in there. Waste of space IMO, and the chairs out in front of it completely block the passageway from the elevators/theatre to the rest of Deck 4. Really REALLY bad design.

I do recall seeing "decade themes" advertised in the daily but they definitely could step it up a notch. I think what hurts it is that later on in the evening it closes the extended entrances (to limit the sound travelling and controlling minors from entering??). I figure people have to easily see & hear what's going on to hop in. And there's got to be some more of a default activity going on.

Similarly, CellarMasters seemed even deader in the evening on my cruise.

Martini Bar on the other hand has the advantage of being in the open so the people can walk by and see "fun" happening. The bartenders were really charismatic and entertaining too.

And the newer S class ships got rid of the hanging chairs. Now the place looks like just some big empty hall. Most of the time anyway.

Those hanging chairs in Quasar on the Equinox were freaky lol. Mork from Ork like.

I found the area to be underutilized too. We found trivia in there once or twice which was fun. Also the guest talent show people met in there before the show, but i really didnt' see much there overall. Seemed underutilized to me too.

Wonder why they dont maximize the space. Do karaoke, line dancing, whatever.

Those hanging chairs in Quasar on the Equinox were freaky lol. Mork from Ork like.

Just off the Equinox. If I'm thinking about the same hanging chairs, chains connect them to the floor and ceiling. The space was empty during the day. Don't know about the night-life.

Archived