RCL in Falmouth - what to do?

Mustangcruiser56

We will be in Falmouth with the Allure in March. It seems like most of the excursions involve drives to Ocho Rios or Montego Bay. Does anyone have recommendations for excursions when we are there, through RCL or otherwise? Maybe that don't involve 2 hours on a bus?

Thanks for your input?

I share your frustrations with the idea that I need to spend 2 hours on a bus to get to activities. I just enjoy another day on the ship with fewer people on-board.

I've never been but I keep hereing they have a great tour of historic buildings and stuff there. I plan to go on that.

Across the square is a trolley that does a tour through the town. It is not a ship excursion. When we did it last summer, tickets were $10 each. Pretty cheap excursion overall. It didn't take long, but at least we felt we got a tour of the town in a safe manner. We enjoyed it and the tour guide was entertaining. We have no problem recommending it.

We were in Falmouth this past May and it was a major disappointment. RCCL was in the process of renovating the port and historic buildings but nothing was finished yet. We took the trolley around Falmoouth but there was pretty much nothing to see as it is a very depressed area. There were many vendors around the ship but that was about it. It is possible that the historic buildings are finished by now, but I don't know. I suggest you look into an excursion to Och Rios or Montego Bay.

I was in Falmouth in November and this was one of my favorite ports--any beach is fine for about an hour and I am done with it--the port is lovely, the people are friendly and the RCL excursions are well organized. I went to the Great Hope Estate with the carriage ride. I learned a lot about Jamaica and it only took about 15 minutes to get there. I, too, hate to spend 1-2 hours to get to my excursion.

We will be in Falmouth with the Allure in March. It seems like most of the excursions involve drives to Ocho Rios or Montego Bay. Does anyone have recommendations for excursions when we are there, through RCL or otherwise? Maybe that don't involve 2 hours on a bus?

Thanks for your input?

The Chukka excursions located at the Great Hope Estate are only about a 20 minute ride away...you book them right thru the CL. They have zip-lining, tubing, kayaking just to name a few...I did the tubing and was impressed with the facilities..all brand new. Next time around I have the combo zip-line/kayaking booking. The buses that pick you up at the port and drive you over were all nice and new and air conditioned.

We were in Falmouth this past week. We did not do an excursion but very much enjoyed the port within the gated area, it was very clean lots of nice shops and a Margaritaville stand to buy drinks and food with picnic tables all around. I was quite impressed with the port, as compared to Ocho Rios, all they need is a couple of sit down bar/restraunts such as Margaritaville or Senor Frogs and Falmouth could be one of the best ports in the western carib.:)

We went on the Chukka Beach excursion through RCL and enjoyed it. It was only a few minutes away and included a jerk chicken lunch.

I did this too. Though it was a great excursion. Only about 15 minutes from the port.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an odd question, what if i just want to get off the boat and go to the closest beach and just relax?? I see all sorts of stuff for inclusive stuff at hotels and resorts, but is there just a beach next to the port that i dont have to shell out $50 just to sit in the shade, put my toes in the sand, have a cocktail and relax? Or is everything a pay to play here?

I did this too. Though it was a great excursion. Only about 15 minutes from the port.

Will773,

As a teen, how did this beach (Chukka) compare to other beaches you have been to in the Caribbean? I am asking because we were concerned that our 2 boys (11 and 16) may be a bit bored. They are very active and love Paradise Beach in Cozumel (with the water trampoline ect.) and 7 mile was good in Grand Cayman. We thought it was gorgeous but they really just liked the banana boats.

Archived