Removal of Shopping Cart Handle Golden Princess

Cruise Fanatic

It seems that I read somewhere that the Princess was going to remove the "Shopping Cart Handle" on the Golden Princess, did this in fact actually happen, and if so, are there any pictures of what it looks like now?

Will be sailing on the Golden Feb 15 to Hawaii.

It seems that I read somewhere that the Princess was going to remove the "Shopping Cart Handle" on the Golden Princess, did this in fact actually happen, and if so, are there any pictures of what it looks like now?

Skywalkers was removed from the Grand Princess. As far as I know, there are no plans to remove the nightclub from any other Grand-class ship.

It is my understanding that Skywalkers on the Grand was very poorly designed. So it was removed in drydock last year.

The design flaw was corrected before the other Grand class ships were built, so Skywalkers is staying on them

It is my understanding that Skywalkers on the Grand was very poorly designed. So it was removed in drydock last year.

The design flaw was corrected before the other Grand class ships were built, so Skywalkers is staying on them

It was a combination of the materials used to build Skywalkers (too heavy) and the position on the ship that were causing stress on the hull. Different materials and different position on the next ship built, the Golden. Never say never but there hasn't been any indication by anyone that Skywalkers on the Golden or any other ship would be removed other than people fabricating a rumor.

If you still want to see what the Grand looks like go to the Princess web site. Look under ships for the Grand and click on dry dock journal.

Archived