Valor Photo Review ~ January 1-8 ~ Western: Westin, Chankanaab, Bannister, Maya Key

Aviendah

First of all, you have amazing brochure quality photos!! You can't be a newbie to DSLRs! :D

Your photo review brings back great memories of our Valor cruise a couple of years ago.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Your comment is more than kind! Out of 6,000 photos I was bound to get a few good ones! :D

These are beautiful pictures. What kind of camera did you use? Where did you purchase it? We are going on the Valor on 18 February. How do you compare it to

other ships you have been on? We've been on the Miracle in 2009 and Dream in 2010. How was food and service? Hope you post more pictures.

First, thanks for all the pictures! It is awesome to see this many pictures of the ship because it really helps you get a feel for the ship. Second, I hope you can answer this question (or anyone else who was recently on Valor): I didn't see any pictures, but does Valor have the Serenity Deck? On CruiseCritic.com, the version of the deck plans they have say that there is a Serenity Deck. On Carnival.com, the deck plans do NOT show Serenity, so I'm confused =(

First, thanks for all the pictures! It is awesome to see this many pictures of the ship because it really helps you get a feel for the ship. Second, I hope you can answer this question (or anyone else who was recently on Valor): I didn't see any pictures, but does Valor have the Serenity Deck? On CruiseCritic.com, the version of the deck plans they have say that there is a Serenity Deck. On Carnival.com, the deck plans do NOT show Serenity, so I'm confused =(

Yes there is a Serenity Deck on Deck 12!

ry%3D480

These are beautiful pictures. What kind of camera did you use? Where did you purchase it? We are going on the Valor on 18 February. How do you compare it to

other ships you have been on? We've been on the Miracle in 2009 and Dream in 2010. How was food and service? Hope you post more pictures.

• Nikon D40 (got the super wide lens instead of upgrading the camera body)
  • SB 400 Flash with diffuser
  • Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD LD
  • Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM
  • Canon PowerShot SD980IS with Canon underwater housing
  • Sony HD Handycam

Most of the photos I've posted were taken with the Sigma ultra wide lens. We loved the Valor; everything about it was enjoyable. Food and service met or exceeded our expectations. I would definitely recommend the Valor!

Thank you for your most excellent post. If anyone needs to get stoked for their upcoming Valor cruise, your pics and review are the place to go. She's as beautiful as the day she first sailed. We are very excited to board the Valor once again. Great job!

Dave

Thank you for pointing out our non-compliance with the rules. If you must know, there was a crew member who noticed I was taking pictures and he invited us in to take pictures of the Serenity area. I took a photo opportunity when other passengers wouldn't mind; as you can see. I certainly wouldn't impose my children on other passengers in the Serenity area; had they been there. I actually told the boys not to enter and the crew member invited them to walk in and take a look around.

Edited by Aviendah

Very cool of Carnival to show all of you the ship. Your pics make it clear how empty the ship was. DW is now shopping for a wide angle for her D-7000. Your pics have stirred her cruise enthusiasm for our upcoming cruise. Thanks again for getting us fired up.

Thanks. We are going to look for this camera and get one if not too expensive. Hope our pictures will be as good as yours! You did a great job taking them!! Glad you liked the Valor so much and I am sure we will too! Looks like a Beautiful ship!!!! Would like to add pictures when we get back, but new to the boards and do not know how to post them. Any help would be appreciated!

We are going to the southern caribbean on the Valor Feb.18 and would love to know what you did for excursions and how you liked them. We will be on the 7th deck about in the middle. We loved Aviendah,s pictures of the Valor and can't wait to get on her. Have a wonderful trip!!!

Thank you for pointing out our non-compliance with the rules. If you must know, there was a crew member who noticed I was taking pictures and he invited us in to take pictures of the Serenity area. I took a photo opportunity when other passengers wouldn't mind; as you can see. I certainly wouldn't impose my children on other passengers in the Serenity area; had they been there. I actually told the boys not to enter and the crew member invited them to walk in and take a look around.

Owned!!!

:D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a fellow Iowan who really enjoyed your excellent review and photos. My daughter and I just got off the Legend last Sunday. We also went to Bannister Island and loved it. I thought we got fairly good photos with an old point and shoot but yours are stunning. Thanks for taking time to do the review!

We really enjoyed these Western Caribbean ports and the Legend.