Royal Caribbean Complaint - Seeking Resolution

tgunth

I semi understand where you are coming from. I sailed Carnival back in 1979 and later in the late 1980s. However, I am not eligible for any cruise credits since I have no proof of payment. We are talking the days before computers. Would it stop me from sailing with them? No! I just prefer the RCCL level of ships.

My past cruise was on LOS. The price of the cruise dropped dramatically for both cabins after the final payment passed, As a result, I was only able to get an upgrade on one cabin which was less than the price drop. It is their policy to only offer onboard credits before the final payment. While I didn't agree, I refused to let it spoil our cruise!!!! Besides, when I see the crew and hear their stories of life back home, I feel bad that I even complained.

My advice ... Go and enjoy the cruise. However, if it is constantly going to be in the back of your mind, then choose another line. I can tell you the LOS is awesome!!! We went during a freak chilly spell and still had a blast. It is a beautiful ship with so much to offer.

• 7 years later...

My daughter just got married onboard the Rhapsody of the Sea.  They told her they had to be at a port to do the ceremony onboard.  Who knows if that's true or not since the whole thing turned out to be a disorganized mess.  We (I) paid a lot of money for one of their wedding packages and didn't get much for it at all.  No pre-planning or contact by wedding coordinator until a few hours before the scheduled time.  Nothing was setup until some of the wedding party got there early.  It was in the Crown and Anchor lounge with several groups of strangers milling about even in the background of the podium during the service.  The officiant was the wedding coordinator and, of course she botched the name of the groom and laughed when she couldn't pronounce the bride's last name.  I'm coaxing my daughter to let RC Weddings know how disappointing it was.  Luckily, she was glowingly beautiful and the groom and bridesmaids were fun, energetic people who smoothed things over and the wedding photographer was awesome.  Now, anybody know the best way to notify the Royal Wedding division?

IMG_8292.JPG

Why did you pull up a seven year old thread?

You never heard from the coordinator until a few hours before the wedding?  Very strange.  Why didn’t you contact them long before that?

You don’t have to get married at port on many cruises.  I don’t know if an at sea wedding was possible for your daughter’s cruise.  There’s lots of information in their wedding brochure.  Cruise weddings require lots of follow up, unfortunately.  

• Like 1

The BBB simply passes your complaint to the business, they have no power.  I am not sure exactly what this poster wants except to tell the cruise line she was unhappy.

Her posted complaints are no one contacted them until a few hours before the wedding, which is really odd.  OP or her daughter should have contacted the coordinator and stayed in touch during process.  Her other complaint was the bride’s name wasn’t pronounced correctly.

What can RC do about that?

Edited by 6rugrats

10 minutes ago, 6rugrats said:

The BBB simply passes your complaint to the business, they have no power. ...

However, the cruise line responded extremely quickly to the BBB report and provided a substantial refund.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Twinklez123 said:

My daughter just got married onboard the Rhapsody of the Sea.  They told her they had to be at a port to do the ceremony onboard.  Who knows if that's true or not since the whole thing turned out to be a disorganized mess.  We (I) paid a lot of money for one of their wedding packages and didn't get much for it at all.  No pre-planning or contact by wedding coordinator until a few hours before the scheduled time.  Nothing was setup until some of the wedding party got there early.  It was in the Crown and Anchor lounge with several groups of strangers milling about even in the background of the podium during the service.  The officiant was the wedding coordinator and, of course she botched the name of the groom and laughed when she couldn't pronounce the bride's last name.  I'm coaxing my daughter to let RC Weddings know how disappointing it was.  Luckily, she was glowingly beautiful and the groom and bridesmaids were fun, energetic people who smoothed things over and the wedding photographer was awesome.  Now, anybody know the best way to notify the Royal Wedding division?

IMG_8292.JPG

Document everything in writing and contact Royal Weddings directly.

Congrats to your daughter and her husband.

• Like 1

Also surprised they didn't connect with you until right before Wedding. Look's like very Happy couple. Good Luck, let us know any Resolution with Royal....Just walked my baby girl down Aisle last Summer, a Beach Wedding in California and we are all from Michigan/Arizona. Wedding Cake didn't show until 5min before Ceremony, stress...But as Father of Bride my responsibilities were be there and with my Credit Card. But, Wedding was still cheaper then mine in 1980's. They say more you spend less likely will stay Married. My Wedding 30+ years ago, Hottest June day in Michigan, ever. Beautiful stone 80yr old Church, never thought ask if they had Air Conditioning. Fly landed on my Brides nose as sweat dripped off mine. Well 30yrs later we are happily divorced, she got half my 401K and I got the Kids.... Congrats to the OP Married Couple!

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, 6rugrats said:

Why did you pull up a seven year old thread?

You never heard from the coordinator until a few hours before the wedding?  Very strange.  Why didn’t you contact them long before that?

You don’t have to get married at port on many cruises.  I don’t know if an at sea wedding was possible for your daughter’s cruise.  There’s lots of information in their wedding brochure.  Cruise weddings require lots of follow up, unfortunately.  

Why did I pull up a seven year old thread???  Why do you ask; is there something wrong with that?  I pulled it up because I searched for topics that related to RC cruise weddings in hope of getting useful information.  In doing so one of the things I discovered is how often RC Weddings changes their packages and rules over the years.  Their current brochure is even different than what we pulled up when we started this wedding journey 10 months ago.  

Why didn't we contact them sooner?  Hope you aren't doubting the validity of my statement.  There is a difference between the wedding planner and the wedding coordinator.  My daughter worked on and off with the planner over the course of 10 months via emails and questionaires and a phone call.  The planner was a little unresponsive at times until we persisted.  Now the coordinator was the person we were supposed to work with on the cruise.  The wedding was to take place the 2nd day of the cruise. We did try to contact her the first day because some guests did not receive their goodie bags in their rooms as pre-arranged.  Don't know if that was resolved by the coordinator or guest services, but she herself finally talked to my daughter the morning of the wedding and then again when the wedding party discovered no setup at 3 pm (one hour before the wedding).  She called again at 3:55 as we were in route to the venue to tell my daughter how to get there without being seen.  Almost too late with that info.  Every time we spoke to her, she ignored anything friendly or positive we tried to say and just became defensive about any problems we brought up. My daughter tries too hard to please everyone.  Maybe she should have been bitchier like some of the people in this thread are.  

Yes, cruise weddings (or any wedding) requires lots of followup.  I agree and we made it a point to follow up on as much as we could.

My response to you is, why do you have 10,000 posts on this forum?  Do you work for Cruise Critic or a cruise line?  Do you get some credit for an abundance of posts?