In Shock! The Upgrade Fairy Called!

I got home late from work today to find a message from the upgrade fairy! I'm booked on the Oasis that's sailing this Saturday, the message stated that for a fee they would upgrade DH and I from a GS to a Skyloft Suite (this is our first Suite, it's our 10th Anniversary and we decided to "go big"). I called and left a message to get the details. I'm so in shock!! Would you take the upgrade?! I'm leaning towards yes....

I got home late from work today to find a message from the upgrade fairy! I'm booked on the Oasis that's sailing this Saturday, the message stated that for a fee they would upgrade DH and I from a GS to a Skyloft Suite (this is our first Suite, it's our 10th Anniversary and we decided to "go big"). I called and left a message to get the details. I'm so in shock!! Would you take the upgrade?! I'm leaning towards yes....

How much is the fee...?

I have to agree.....how much is the fee? we love our gs! The sky lofts look great but not a lot of privacy on your balcony for sure. Everyone out back at the flow riders and sports deck will be waving.

Beautiful for sitting out at night tho. I still like my gs tho...just my thoughts.

happy anniversary.

Not sure of the fee yet, I'm going to call first thing...I was having the same thoughts (not having much privacy on our balcony/view of the sports deck). I'm going to see what the fee is before we make our decision because I was so excited just for GS (right around the corner from the CL on the 11th deck)...Decisions decisions!! And thanks!! I can't believe how fast 10 years goes by!

For me, a paid upgrade offer wouldn't come from the upgrade fairy, she is one who bestows "magical gifts". ;) That said, if we ever received an offer for a paid upgrade I would just really research the differences between the two categories and then make a decision about whether paying for the upgrade would be worth it for us.

I think it was the upgrade fairy's second cousin who called you. :p

The Sky loft suites are just the portside corner and the one on the portside next to it, so you'd have plenty of private balcony overlooking the ocean rather than the basketball court. So for me it would depend on the price to upgrade. But I'd go for one of those if the price were right.

Happy 10th!

I believe you got called by the Upsell Fairy, not the Upgrade Fairy. But if it's a good deal, go for it! Just check the prices ahead of time so you know whether you're just paying full price for it or actually getting a deal.

Thats not the "upgrade" fairy calling you, sorry

OK.....who pissed off the upgrade fairy? I'm hoping for an upgrade next month, but not if she's still in the same kind of mood that she wants to charge a fee.

Sorry OP, but if you feel the extra fee is worth it, then go for it. But upgrades are usually free. If you choose to upgrade with a fee, I don't think that is from the upgrade fairy.

Thanks for clarifying the difference, I see everyone's point that it's the UPSELL Fairy vs the UPGRADE one! All of this is new to me regardless, I've never been called to switch last minute - I'm still waiting for a call back, I'm curious to see what the Fee is. All I know is that I'm ready for vacation, I don't care where I'm sleeping!!

Maybe "The Sea Is Calling." :D

"Answer It Royally" :eek:

Not to derail the thread too bad but after seeing that commercial the other night....I sure hope the director of the marketing department got their walking papers...what the f*^* were they thinking.:confused:

Not to derail the thread too bad but after seeing that commercial the other night....I sure hope the director of the marketing department got their walking papers...what the f*^* were they thinking.:confused:

I like those commercials. I think the whoever came up with it should get a bonus.

We received that call last year. We were booked in a Sky Loft for a B2B and RCI called a few days prior to our sailing. They offered to upgrade us to the Royal Loft for one of our weeks. The cost was $2500.00 for the week. We took the offer. Not sure what they will charge for this upgrade. The Sky Loft usually goes for somewhere around $5500.00 per person for the week depending on time of year.

We received that call last year. We were booked in a Sky Loft for a B2B and RCI called a few days prior to our sailing. They offered to upgrade us to the Royal Loft for one of our weeks. The cost was $2500.00 for the week. We took the offer. Not sure what they will charge for this upgrade. The Sky Loft usually goes for somewhere around $5500.00 per person for the week depending on time of year.

Thanks for the info! I'm curious what they're going to tell us the cost is...

And thanks to everyone else for your feedback!!

Archived