Celebrity - bad company! But "Equinox" - yes, fine liner, no doubt.

SergeiKa

3 hours ago, SergeiKa said:

Hello!

Again bought a cruise with Celebrity! Only now on Constellation.

They will have an opportunity to improve! ))

Although there are already difficulties - it is not clear with visas!

Hello Sergia,

I hope you next cruise is better.  I understand some of your issues but most seldom rise to the major issues that you have encountered.  I would suggest that communication is the reason for 99% of your problems.  I wish it wasn't but perhaps you should go to Guest services a soon as you sense the beginning of a problem and find a translator to work through the issues.  I sense your English may not be very good but the problem may be compounded because many of the people you encounter may also have problems with English.  I've had numerous cabin attendants that had marginal English.  They also do not allow clothing irons or Swiss army knives, that is written on their website but may be difficult for you to find.  But please on your next cruise please find a translator to help with these issues.

Also you may need to use Google translator to understand my screen name.

Enjoy your cruise.

I do have one question,  since your English may be limited, how did you find Cruise Critic and how much do you read?

Edited by ipeeinthepool

Thanks. Since 2012 I have been sailing on several cruises, but by other companies.

If this cruise I do not make a visa Singapore, then (perhaps) I will not be allowed on Board, and the cruise will not be.

And if you do and it is not necessary - it would be a shame! ))

Also you may need to use Google translator to understand my screen name.  - Thank You Google.com!! ))

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SergeiKa said:

Hello!

Again bought a cruise with Celebrity! Only now on Constellation.

They will have an opportunity to improve! ))

Although there are already difficulties - it is not clear with visas!

Hi, Sergey.

Please don't use Google translations when you want to post next time.

If you want you can write in Russian and I will translate.

By the way Celebrity is one of my favorite lines.

Have a great cruise!!!!

Отличного круиза!!!

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2012 at 7:09 PM, CathyCruises said:

I think that some people are being very rude to a poster who is obviously not comfortable in English. I would love to see some of you try to write on a Russian forum! One of the rules of Cruise Critic is that we do not insult or question another poster's use of language--and believe me, I have seen MANY horrid examples of butchering from native English speakers! The OP obviously had an issue and is unhappy about it. It may have been the result of poor communication. It is obvious what occurred from the initial post. Shame on those who are criticizing his attempt to explain his frustrations. I thought we were better as a 'community' than this. :mad:

It's hard because most of what he writes doesn't make sense. For example -

1)When planting select irons and folding knives Swiss

Just saying. He doesn't speak English well enough to explain or to understand what people are trying to tell him. I can see the problems created by lack of communication. And I wouldn't post to a Russian site because I don't read or speak Russian. 

Edited by bermadu22

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

Hi, Sergey.

Please don't use Google translations when you want to post next time.

If you want you can write in Russian and I will translate.

By the way Celebrity is one of my favorite lines.

Have a great cruise!!!! 

Отличного круиза!!!

Ок,  спасибо, напишу по-русски:

1) Сайт Селебрити у меня не открывается, чтоб им вопрос о визе задать.

Вот на этой странице умирает: https://www.celebritycruises.com/country-selection

2) Вот что мне ответили пограничники Сингапура:

Dear Mr Sergey

We refer to your email on 4 Jun 2019.

Visitors holding an ordinary passport issued by Russia may be eligible for the 96-hour Visa Free Transit Facility (VFTF), if they satisfy the following conditions:

•           in transit to or from any third country (both forward and return legs); and

•           have a valid onward air ticket departing within 96 hours.

Travellers may enter Singapore by any mode of transport but must depart Singapore by air.

Transit travellers who satisfy the criteria for VFTF will have to meet the prevailing entry requirements before they are allowed entry into Singapore. Please note that extension of stay for transit travellers under the VFTF is strictly not allowed.

For your ease of reference, we append the following link ( https://www.ica.gov.sg/enteranddeparting/entry_requirements) which provides an informative insight that travellers should know before arriving in Singapore.

Assessment for entry, including the grant of VFTF, is determined by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers only at the point of entry.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely

Zann Tan (Ms)
Senior Assistant Executive (Customer Service)

Customer Relations Branch

cid:image010.png@01D50647.409244B0cid:image008.png@01D3863E.D69045F0   cid:image009.png@01D3863E.D69045F0

Immigration & Checkpoints Authority   W ica.gov.sg    FB

С их слов виза мне нужна.

3) Однако, вот что пишут путешественники из России, кто уже сталкивался с такой ситуацией и с этой круизной компанией:

- "Мы имеем право на безвизовый транзит и этого достаточно. Повыпендриваются при посадке, но в итоге все будет нормально, потому что пограничники Сингапура как раз знают о праве на безвизовый транзит и штамп поставят на борту точно абсолютно".

- " Теоретически можно, но визовые офицеры на кораблях об этом не знают и могут не посадить на борт в начале круиза. Так что переплата за сингапурскую визу в данном случае - это плата за лекарство от стресса".

- " У меня есть личный опыт безвизового транзита в круизе из Шанхая в Сингапур. Виза не нужна. В Сингапуре об этом знают, а вот на кораблях могут не знать. У меня не знали, долго пришлось доказывать."

То есть - как повезет? Хотелось бы решить этот вопрос ДО начала круиза.

Edited by SergeiKa

Thank you SergeiKa.

I am Russian speaker, but I am not a citizen of Russia or any other FSU countries for a long time.

I'd recommend (if forum allows) to use this resource https://navimba.com/

which attracts citizens of FSU (former Soviet Union) and they are more familiar with visa related stuff.

Я говорю по-русски, но я очень давно не живу в бывшем СССР. Сходите по линку, который я дала и там море народа, котрорый плавает в круизы. Они должны помочь точно. Здесь круизеры в основном из Штатов, которые не в курсе визовых вопросов.

Natasha

Edited by Tatka

1 hour ago, SergeiKa said:

Ок,  спасибо, напишу по-русски:

1) Сайт Селебрити у меня не открывается, чтоб им вопрос о визе задать.

Вот на этой странице умирает: https://www.celebritycruises.com/country-selection

2) Вот что мне ответили пограничники Сингапура:

Dear Mr Sergey

We refer to your email on 4 Jun 2019.

Visitors holding an ordinary passport issued by Russia may be eligible for the 96-hour Visa Free Transit Facility (VFTF), if they satisfy the following conditions:

•           in transit to or from any third country (both forward and return legs); and

•           have a valid onward air ticket departing within 96 hours.

Travellers may enter Singapore by any mode of transport but must depart Singapore by air.

Transit travellers who satisfy the criteria for VFTF will have to meet the prevailing entry requirements before they are allowed entry into Singapore. Please note that extension of stay for transit travellers under the VFTF is strictly not allowed.

For your ease of reference, we append the following link ( https://www.ica.gov.sg/enteranddeparting/entry_requirements) which provides an informative insight that travellers should know before arriving in Singapore.

Assessment for entry, including the grant of VFTF, is determined by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers only at the point of entry.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely

Zann Tan (Ms)
Senior Assistant Executive (Customer Service)

Customer Relations Branch

cid:image010.png@01D50647.409244B0cid:image008.png@01D3863E.D69045F0   cid:image009.png@01D3863E.D69045F0

Immigration & Checkpoints Authority   W ica.gov.sg    FB

С их слов виза мне нужна.

3) Однако, вот что пишут путешественники из России, кто уже сталкивался с такой ситуацией и с этой круизной компанией:

- "Мы имеем право на безвизовый транзит и этого достаточно. Повыпендриваются при посадке, но в итоге все будет нормально, потому что пограничники Сингапура как раз знают о праве на безвизовый транзит и штамп поставят на борту точно абсолютно".

- " Теоретически можно, но визовые офицеры на кораблях об этом не знают и могут не посадить на борт в начале круиза. Так что переплата за сингапурскую визу в данном случае - это плата за лекарство от стресса".

- " У меня есть личный опыт безвизового транзита в круизе из Шанхая в Сингапур. Виза не нужна. В Сингапуре об этом знают, а вот на кораблях могут не знать. У меня не знали, долго пришлось доказывать."

То есть - как повезет? Хотелось бы решить этот вопрос ДО начала круиза.

wrong thread , this is for the other thread if you require visa to Singapore. I posted the answer in the other thread, you will need a e-visa

Edited by gerelmx

6 hours ago, SergeiKa said:

Thanks. Since 2012 I have been sailing on several cruises, but by other companies.

If this cruise I do not make a visa Singapore, then (perhaps) I will not be allowed on Board, and the cruise will not be.

And if you do and it is not necessary - it would be a shame! ))

Also you may need to use Google translator to understand my screen name.  - Thank You Google.com!! ))

Sergei, I am sorry to hear Celebrity seemed to cause you problems during your cruise.  By the way, cruise lines seem very paranoid about Norovirus. When your wife stayed in your cabin, I think that caused concern. They fear norovirus on the ships. 

While on a cruise, one evening I had too much champagne. The next day I did not feel so well, and stayed in the cabin. The steward seemed concerned, and he had the butler come in to see me as well in the morning hours. In the afternoon, I felt better and left the cabin. I saw the butler in the hallway, he was coming to see me again about me not feeling well. I told him I felt better and just needed a bit of food from the buffet. He told me if I still didn't feel well, to go to the medical area. I assured him I felt much better. It was a hangover, not Norovirus. They continued to watch me throughout the cruise, and asked every day how I felt. Any kind of illness, and the crew on board are aware of it. They take it very seriously. 

You and your wife are braver than I. I don't think I could take a cruise on a ship where they didn't speak the same language. That must be frustrating at times. I hope your future cruises are happy ones, whatever cruise lines you sail with.  

Edited by bermadu22