Time to Sway Another Vote!

MrPete

LOL, I'll take the chips, but I think I'll have a margarita instead of the beer. I claim girly foo-foo drink rights. :D

I went shopping today and boy could I tell it was Friday. Four bottles of assorted microbrews came home (we like stouts, barleywine, etc) and about 7 bottles of wine. I can't wait to pop open the double chocolate stout. :) :)

Cheers,

Friday

LOL, I'll take the chips, but I think I'll have a margarita instead of the beer. I claim girly foo-foo drink rights. :D

I went shopping today and boy could I tell it was Friday. Four bottles of assorted microbrews came home (we like stouts, barleywine, etc) and about 7 bottles of wine. I can't wait to pop open the double chocolate stout. :) :)

Cheers,

Friday

Wow, it's FRIDAY night, and it's Miller time! Wish I had some chips...............

What's funny to me is....

We like Nascar races, beer, and backyard BBQ's....

We also like fine dining, champagne ( no french... ), and the theatre...

We enjoy shooting pool at the local saloon.... and slurping drinks at a nudie bar....

We also enjoy museums..... and sipping martini's at the country club...

I like football and golf..........

Burgers and filet mignon.....

We like to enjoy it all;) ;)

And guess what??? We are the same people no matter what we are doing:eek:

I have only sailed Carnival ( so Far ). But I know we would have a blast on any cruise!!!!!

What i find remarkably funny is that those pretentious wannabe intellectuals actually believe that they are better people because they have wine and cheese instead of beer and chips. And I'll bet there the same people who get all dressed up to go to sizzler, and mortgage their homes to buy 8 dollar cups of coffee. Memo to all you "eww gross, beer and chips! lets get out of here Muffy!" knobs; your so-called sophistication is laughable, and your snobbish attitude is both unsavory and lame. Somebody get me a Bud Light and a can of Pringles!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Please, just because I don't drink beer and eat chips (I happen to like living a healthy lifestyle) and prefer wine, it is rude to assume I am pretentious. I have never been to a Sizzler in my life and have not set foot in a fast food restaurant since 1978. I also grind my own beans to make coffee at home.

Sounds like you who are making assumptions.

And, yes, I did vote in that poll and did think that my 2 CCL cruises were the worst of those cruise lines listed. But then the Veracruz and the Dolphin were not on there.

Why can't everyone just agree that Carnival is not everyones cup of tea? Or does drinking tea make me snotty, too?

Wow, that just irritated the crap out of me. I did not vote, but I did voice a small opinion on how 38 of us traveled this past feb on Carnival with 20 of us in the 33-49 age range, 16 folks from age 60-80 and 2 teenage girls...we all had a blast and many had never traveled Carnival and had the best time...

Cannot wait to sail again..I found a good thing with Carnival and am sticking to it until it goes bad...and I dont think it will:D

Caviargal

No one was criticizing your choice of healthy eating, avoidance of Sizzler's or even grinding your own coffee beans. Some of us do take issue with those folks who feel compelled to put down other people and stereotype them because of their cruise choices.

Imagine someone coming to these boards looking for cruise advice and reading that Carnival cruisers are Nascar watching, beer swilling, trailer trash and that Celebrity cruisers are elitist snobs. Well, nothing could be further from the truth. Both lines fill niches in a broad cruise market. Stereotyping cruise passengers because of the line they choose is as incorrect as stereotyping based on race or gender.

And BTW drinking tea doesn't make you a snob. Being critical of someone who makes other choices does.

buckets of beer(best value on any cruise line), salsa,chips,freestyle (who wants to be told when & where they HAVE TO eat) i did that line before 7 hated it! my worst cruise/cruiseline eastern med with usn!!!!!!!!(see uss chuck)

The funny thing is, I don't find these lines to be that DRASTICALLY different. yes, little things, decor and flavor of activities but it's not like things are sooooo different from one to another.

I think, some people, will favor whatever line their first cruise was on and then become loyal. If they try another line, they don't like this thing or that because it's not like their line they've gotten loyal to. I, personally, like to hop around to make things a little different from trip to trip. It also depends on where I get the best deal that suits my interest at the time. In 12/03, we got an unbeatable deal from RCI on a Hawaii cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like that voting post must have got out of hand and pulled.

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. More than likely the post has been removed from the boards and is no longer accessible for viewing. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. You may be trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

There was a poll on the NCL board asking what the worst cruise line was. Every one over there was voting Carnival, even though they clearly had never sailed Carnival.

Hence, my post.

All of a sudden , NCL was showing up as the worst cruise line on their own board, when someone came on posting he was very confused ahout how NCL could be winning their own worst poll on their own board.

Read here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=168421

The poll was taken down/removed as soon as NCL came out of first place.

Archived