LIVE! Crown Princess 1/28-2/4

cruzinchris

Hi Mike,

Glad u & Chris r off to a great start. Belated b-day wishes to Chris. On the Wine Package, can yo order a bottle to be sent to ur room via room service? It is part of the dining room and suppose u were doing the UBD or just choosing to dine in.

Also our best to Lisa. We sailed with she and Eric on our Greek Isles in October.

Have a great cruise, S&B

You can definately carry the bottles back to your room - opened or unopened. I have also heard you can have a bottle at Vines. Don't lnow about room service.

Can someone verify that the wine card can be used in vines. We really like having a glass of wine or two and some tapas, of course. Thanks, Kim

I can confirm that on the Emerald, friends kept a bottle on the go in Vines.

The wine package is new and not yet available on the Emerald.

It would seem totally illogical to me if you could not purchase using the card....Will find out in 2 weeks and report back.

Hi, Our cruise is Feb 10-18th with Crown Princess. Princess Cays is not listed in the itinerary. Sunday is listed as day at sea. Does Crown always stop there on western Caribbean cruise or should it be listed as a port if plan is to stop?

Hi, Our cruise is Feb 10-18th with Crown Princess. Princess Cays is not listed in the itinerary. Sunday is listed as day at sea. Does Crown always stop there on western Caribbean cruise or should it be listed as a port if plan is to stop?

Do you mean Feb 11th?...if you do, the ship does not do Princess Cays.

Usually it's always on the itinerary, however as this is a BTB cruise departing Feb 4th they aren't stopping on both legs. It's our first stop Feb 5th

I can confirm that on the Emerald, friends kept a bottle on the go in Vines.

The wine package is new and not yet available on the Emerald.

It would seem totally illogical to me if you could not purchase using the card....Will find out in 2 weeks and report back.

I would think so too, but you never know! Thanks for checking! Kim

I would be interested to know if the Crown is offering wine packages? Is power hour still available after 8p?

Power hour is available but you have to ask for it and be persistant as some waiters do not like to give out that info until questioned in depth.

Just off the Crown today. Those of you on her now, see if you can get any info on the death this week. Crime tape and all around the cabin.

Have a great time. We did in spite of missing Roatan due to high winds.

Do you know which cabin it was?

The wine package sounds like a winner! Do they add the customary 15% gratuity to the price?

Thanks for the "live" thread as we're packing for our Grand/Crown cruises now.

-Ann

I expect there is 15% on top as that is true of any drinks on board or bottles in the MDR.

Have you visited our Roll Call for the Crown Feb 11th?

Hi Chris and Mike! Thanks so much for helping all of us!

A couple of questions, are the "2-fer" drinks after 8:00 related to the "power hour"? Are these specials offered in all the lounges?

Would you be so kind and check what kind of "NA" beer is sold on board? Usually a ship will offer 2, a domestic (like an O'Doul's) and an imported, like a Buckler or Kaliper.

What time were you on line to get your Crown Grill ressies? Like if the Patter said 2:00, was there a long line already? We know our group wants Friday night, so hopefully we can get it.

Thanks again so very much! And smooth sailing!

We are port side a couple of doors behind aft elevators/stairs on Baja deck. We will be displaying our University of Michigan banner over our balcony.

Bon Voyage!

Chris and Mike

I have been looking forward to reading your live posts - we will be sailing on the Crown this Saturday, February 4 and we can't wait.

Thanks for keeping us posted!

A few responses to previously posted questions/requests:

For Whimsy, we inquired at the library and it has not been turned in there. We left our names with the cruise staff on duty at the library and asked them to notify us if it was turned in.

Chris checked moments ago and the wine card cannot be used in Vines. We'll check into sending bottles to the stateroom via room service.

We'll get the info. on 'NA' beer and report back later.

As Captain Nash described 'a brochure day' at Princess Cays and we're enroute to Curacao. The Captain is warning of rough seas tomorrow.

More later. . .

Mike

We are port side a couple of doors behind aft elevators/stairs on Baja deck. We will be displaying our University of Michigan banner over our balcony.

Bon Voyage!

Chris and Mike

I forgot to say - GO MICHIGAN - I asume you heard they lost today to OSU :(

I forgot to say - GO MICHIGAN - I asume you heard they lost today to OSU :(

Do you know by chance if Italian Night in MDR in Tuesday? Thought that might be a good night to go to Sabitini's after Curacao. Anxious to try it as reviews have been mixed. It was just ok when we were on the CB but out of this world wonderful on The Ruby!!!

Thanks so much for posting and I hope the week goes by very slow for you and very fast for those of us taking your place this Saturday!!!LOL

Archived