LIVE! Crown Princess 1/28-2/4

cruzinchris

We just left the Crown on 1/28 after b2b.

CC Host was Dicomes Olaru -- really super guy, very genuine and helpful. Also does great handling those passengers that seem to want to complain about everything.

FCC was Jo-Ann Dupuis, again extremely capable and personable -- although always seemed to have a line outside her door, mostly with people who wanted to be served "right now!"

Thanks DrJohn, great to know that everyone is in good hands. :)

Hello, thank you for doing the live, can't wait to go now.

Where is the market in Curacao where you got the cheese?

The bannana bus tour what princess tour is it and did it stop at a beach/if so could you go back to the ship and skip the beach.

We saw your banner on Sat. Have a wonderful few last days.

We actually bought the cheese in Aruba, it was at a supermarket(supermercado) behind the Renaissance Mall. Very nice selection of Dutch cheeses.

The banana bus is a Princess tour that goes to the California lighthouse but the primary destination is the beach!

Mike

Thanks for the update on captains announcement. We are waiting to board tomorrow.i got a email saying boarding was delayed but someone else on my roll call called princess and customer service had no info. On the delay.if you find out for sure boarding wont begin till 4 will you let us know?

I just got off the phone with Princess. Boarding is delayed until 4pm and ship will disembark at 6pm due to intensive sanitation measures due to a severe outbreak of Norovirus.

Our hotel will only let us stay until regular check out time of 12 noon. I guess we will be forced to head to the port then. BUT,,,I would rather have them clean the ship throughly than have noro be widespread on our cruise.

I'm sure they'd be willing to store your luggage for you; at least that way, you could go do some last-minute shopping or have a long, leisurely lunch somewhere.

When I say "leisurely," I of course mean wine-filled . . . you are on vacation, after all!

I almost hate to bring up the "S" word but want to assure everyone that we have not seen or smelled smoke anywhere onboard where smoking is prohibited. We've never been bothered by smoke on our balcony nor have we seen anyone lighting up :)

Bon Voyage!

Chris

I've been reading various reports about some balcony cabins on the Emerald having serious smoke problems. What cabin location/deck did you have?

Archived