LIVE! Crown Princess 1/28-2/4

cruzinchris

Good morning, everyone. We've just had breakfast and are looking forward to a private tour in Curacao upon arrival at @1:00. It's sunny and warm and looks to be a gorgeous day.

Mike and I treated my sisters to dinner at Crown Grill on the first formal night. Food and service were excellent! My sisters had to leave before one was feted for her birthday because they wanted to see the early show in Princess Theatre. By the time they got there, seating was already closed :( Don't know if they went to the late seating.

Anytime Dining is broke and needs to be fixed. Long lines. Pagers. Too many people making reservations. Some say that cards are being checked. Glad that we have late traditional.

Bed seems softer, so we might have a pillow-top. Didn't check to see if we have eggcrate.

Seas were not as rough as we expected, but many folks probably thought it was too bumpy.

Mike will post this evening.

Later...

Chris onboard the Crown

Always look forward to reading your review! You're getting us excited :) We leave early Thursday :D

Sounds like you're having a blast! I'm very curious to hear what you do/where you visit in Curacao as we too are unsure about what we'll do when we're there in April. Enjoy!

Me, too! Thinking Curacao and Aruba will both be beach/snorkel days - we are traveling with 3 teens - thinking no tours for us!

Good morning and greetings from Aruba. Mike and I just finished breakfast and will disembark for a walk through downtown. We hope my sisters are enjoying their Banana Bus excursion to the Lighthouse and MooMba Beach.

Mike wrote a long post last night after dinner and lost it :( Hopefully, I'll have better luck.

We joined a private excursion yesterday for a Jewish Heritage tour in Curacao. We had planned to do this on what was to be our port call in Curacao aboard the Ruby in 2010 but could not dock due to high winds. We were pleased to be able to experience this tour yesterday. "Gigi" was very informative as she shared the history of the original Jewish community in the Caribbean. We visited a cemetery, the Mikve Israel-Emanuel synagogue and adjacent museum, and concluded our tour with a drive through the old Jewish neighborhood on Curacao. We highly recommend this excursion for those who are interested in Jewish culture, heritage, and history.

Last night was Caribbean dinner, and we both had the Cioppino that was delicious. One of the Head Waiters prepared a garlicky penne pasta that our waiter brought to those who wished to try it. Chef's dinner this evening.

We will spend the last two days at sea and hope to relax, read, play Scrabble, and enjoy the ship and the sun before heading back to winter in Motown.

Later.

Chris

Enjoying the "live" very much..... We will be sailing in April, since Captain Nash will be on a break - any idea who will take his place, the Commodore maybe?? We have sailed with Commodore Romano a few times and really enjoy him - such a nice man.;)

]

Have a great cruise.:D

Do you have any info on these? Do you know if they had them? Thanks

They had the pop choir last week and talked about it this week. I joined by going to one of the first rehearsals (listed in the patter) even tho practice was at 5:15 and several of us had 5:30 dining. Practice is at different times during the cruise and we performed 5:15 Fri. It was loads of fun meeting and singing with new people.

Haven't had a chance to post any updates here, but I've been having fun. Liked Curaçao a bit better than Aruba, but Aruba is pretty nice too. Expecting some rough seas for the trip back, and there's definitely some good rolling going on here. More on this when I get back.

Hi Mike,

Glad u & Chris r off to a great start. Belated b-day wishes to Chris. On the Wine Package, can yo order a bottle to be sent to ur room via room service? It is part of the dining room and suppose u were doing the UBD or just choosing to dine in.

Also our best to Lisa. We sailed with she and Eric on our Greek Isles in October.

Have a great cruise, S&B

We usually have the wine sent back to our room. They will bring wine glasses with it!

Enjoying the "live" very much..... We will be sailing in April, since Captain Nash will be on a break - any idea who will take his place, the Commodore maybe?? We have sailed with Commodore Romano a few times and really enjoy him - such a nice man.;)

]

Have a great cruise.:D

I believe it's going to be Andy Proctor.

Hello Chris and Mike,

It sounds like you are having a wonderful cruise, I'm really enjoying your posts and can't wait for your review.

It's so great that you have been able to catch-up with Lisa! Which reminds me that Bruce and I have a personnel question - who are your CC Host and Future Cruise Consultants on this sailing?

Enjoy your sea days. ;)

We joined a private excursion yesterday for a Jewish Heritage tour in Curacao. We had planned to do this on what was to be our port call in Curacao aboard the Ruby in 2010 but could not dock due to high winds. Chris

Was that the Jan 19 2010 sailing on the Ruby? We were on her for that Curacao "sailby" -- quite an interesting experience! Was also our first cruise with Lisa Ball as CD, enjoyed catching up with her on the Crown the last two weeks -- we did B2B and got off as you were getting on.

Really enjoying your live from. We heard the Code Alpha called last week, always wonder what happened -- thanks to you and Captain Nick for the update.

And if you get a chance, please give our regards and thanks to Lisa and Neville.

John & Kathy

Greetings from the Caribbean en route to Fort Lauderdale. Bumpy seas overnight and continuing today. Captain Nash says it should be better this afternoon.

We didn't make it to breakfast in the DR this morning and went to HC instead. This is the first time that I've been near the place on this cruise as I avoid the buffet. Won't get up too late tomorrow ;)

I promised to deliver a fair & balanced report on the cruise/ship and will do just that about the overall condition of the vessel. While our carpet was cleaned early in the voyage, it is faded and stained as is much of the carpeting around the ship. Upholstery is worn in many venues, but Adagio looks fine. Our bedskirt has cigarette burns and should be replaced. Stewardess keeps putting the bed scarf on when she makes up the room in the morning, and we keep taking it off because it is stained and looks just plain yucky. We requested maintenance on one of our bathroom lights that flickers like a strobe - very annoying. Hopefully, it will have been repaired by the time I return to the cabin.

Chef's Dinner last night was very good, although I missed my favorite rack of lamb. Instead, I asked for lamb chops (no veal or chicken that accompanies the lamb chop on a skewer) and had a side of the Diver Scallops. Attendance at late traditional seating is sparse, so my sisters will join us this evening for the Captain's Gala dinner. There has been a vacant table beside us for the duration of the cruise, and our waiter said that they were welcome to come. They might join us tomorrow night, too. Our waiter, Valentin, has been competent and pleasant even though he seemed a little stiff on opening night. Junior waiter, Nelson, does well, also.

Mike and I have been to Aruba many times and disembarked long enough yesterday to walk to the market for some Dutch cheese :D My sisters loved the Banana Bus tour to the Lighthouse and MooMba Beach where they had to dodge a rain shower.

Sharon: Dicomes is CC host, but I'm not sure about FC. We just filled out the form and have not met with her.

I will go to the Grapevine wine tasting this afternoon, and our CC party is at 7:30, the last of three this evening in Club Fusion.

Can't believe that we're already heading back to Port Everglades :(

Bon Voyage!

Chris on the Crown Princess

Was that the Jan 19 2010 sailing on the Ruby? We were on her for that Curacao "sailby" -- quite an interesting experience! Was also our first cruise with Lisa Ball as CD, enjoyed catching up with her on the Crown the last two weeks -- we did B2B and got off as you were getting on.

Really enjoying your live from. We heard the Code Alpha called last week, always wonder what happened -- thanks to you and Captain Nick for the update.

And if you get a chance, please give our regards and thanks to Lisa and Neville.

John & Kathy

The same. I wrote a review of the voyage that is posted on the CC Review Boards.

Hello Chris and Mike,

It sounds like you are having a wonderful cruise, I'm really enjoying your posts and can't wait for your review.

It's so great that you have been able to catch-up with Lisa! Which reminds me that Bruce and I have a personnel question - who are your CC Host and Future Cruise Consultants on this sailing?

Enjoy your sea days. ;)

Future Cruise Consultant is Jo-Ann Dupuis and very efficient she is, too!

Hello, thank you for doing the live, can't wait to go now.

Where is the market in Curacao where you got the cheese?

The bannana bus tour what princess tour is it and did it stop at a beach/if so could you go back to the ship and skip the beach.

We saw your banner on Sat. Have a wonderful few last days.

Hello, thank you for doing the live, can't wait to go now.

Where is the market in Curacao where you got the cheese?

The bannana bus tour what princess tour is it and did it stop at a beach/if so could you go back to the ship and skip the beach.

We saw your banner on Sat. Have a wonderful few last days.

Hey Gail!

Jack, Rich, Caroline and I hope you and Dwayne have a FANTASTIC cruise! Leaving on the Silhouette for 2/22 twelve nigher from Bayonne in just a few weeks, then perhaps back to Princess. Enjoy!

Marybeth

John & Kathy

Dr. John,

You and Kathy still sailing the high seas on Princess!! You guys are my heros! Sailing Celebrity out of NJ..... imagine that!!

Stay well, keep cruzin!

Marybeth

Hello Chris and Mike,

Enjoy your sea days. ;)

We just left the Crown on 1/28 after b2b.

CC Host was Dicomes Olaru -- really super guy, very genuine and helpful. Also does great handling those passengers that seem to want to complain about everything.

FCC was Jo-Ann Dupuis, again extremely capable and personable -- although always seemed to have a line outside her door, mostly with people who wanted to be served "right now!"

Flew into FLL last night (and hit Crown Liquors :D;)). Tried to check out PE but both entrances we tried had guards, so we just turned around. Maybe we were in the wrong place.

Moderate surf here, so I'm not surprised there's some moderate seas en route. Lots of freighter traffic in / out of PE.

Will try to keep a log of the 2/4 trip and post a review once we get back. Promised DW I'd avoid "technology" while on board. Heh.

Greetings from somewhere in the Caribbean en route to Fort Lauderdale. This is our last day onboard, so I will work on my review on the flight back to Detroit tomorrow.

Don't want to alarm anyone who is embarking tomorrow, but there were no salt/pepper shakers, butter dish, etc. on dining room tables at breakfast. DH and I had breakfast at HC yesterday (the only time) and noticed that one side was closed and was being cleaned. Mike noticed the telltale odor of someone having been sick :eek: No mention of illness on board, but precautions are evident.

I almost hate to bring up the "S" word but want to assure everyone that we have not seen or smelled smoke anywhere onboard where smoking is prohibited. We've never been bothered by smoke on our balcony nor have we seen anyone lighting up :)

Seas seem much calmer today than the periodic bumpiness over the past two days. I felt a knot in my stomach last night while sitting in Club Fusion at the CC party and didn't have much in the way of the Captain's Gala dinner. We didn't finish our wine last night and will end up taking one bottle home from the wine package.

I haven't enjoyed my Elite tea service yet but will do so while DH and I are packing this afternoon. DH will probably receive his Elite card sometime today :)

I'll try to post again this evening but figure that it might be very busy in the Internet Cafe with everyone printing boarding passes.

We still haven't been able to find out how much longer Kory Simon will be onboard, but he has a huge following of fans who crowd Crooner's nightly. He's doing a concert this evening in Princess Theatre.

Immediate Update: Captain Nash making an announcement re: increased cases of gastrointestinal illness. Urging passengers to report symptoms to Medical Center. Rigorous sanitization measures underway.

Well, there you have it. Guess it's a reality, so have patience if you will be embarking the ship tomorrow.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

Archived