LIVE! Crown Princess 1/28-2/4

cruzinchris

Chris checked moments ago and the wine card cannot be used in Vines. We'll check into sending bottles to the stateroom via room service.

Thanks for taking the time to check on that for me! Loving the Live thread. It is making me way to excited for my cruise in April!! Kim

Day at sea and gorgeous for now. Bumpy during the night and Captain Nash predicts a lot of motion come midday.

Last night (Sunday) was Italian night for those wanting to know. Formal tonight but we are taking my sisters to Crown Grill for one of their birthdays.

Many thanks to CD Lisa Ball for the "shout out" on the Wake Show when she acknowledged that this is our 6th sailing with her. Her sidekick said that we must be stalkers :D Lisa said that she hoped she'd "grown up" since we saw her some years ago on the CB when she was on the cruise staff. When I see her out and about, I will tell her that her hair isn't as big as it used to be !

Food and service have been good, and our stewardess is a lovely lady. Long lines for "anytime dining", and we're glad that we have a nightly table at late seating. While we haven't required his service, the internet guy has been very helpful to other passengers - we're here often enough, so we know.

We didn't join the roll call but Mike will attend the meet & greet at 11:00 while I get some exercise, and we joined a small tour group for an excursion in Curacao tomorrow.

Later.

Chris

Thanks for the live review. My BF and I will be on the Crown on the April 7 cruise. You are getting me so excited. I've cruised Princess about 8 times. My BF hasn't ever cruised. I was debating on the staying at the Renaissance. I think that you helped me decide on that. Have a great time.

Italian night is the theme for one of the menus in the dining room. I usually get the shrimp Fra Diavalo, which is a spicy shrimp dish. But on our cruise last month on the Crown, I ordered the turbot instead. It was very good.

Thanks for letting me know Italian night was Sunday. That will be Superbowl for our cruise so we won't go to Sabitini's then. If you get a chance will you post the MDR dining theme for Tuesday & Thursday? Then I can match up to the online menus posted. Thanks!!!! Hope you are having a great sea day today!!!

PS Are they setting the clocks up an hour?

Italian night is the theme for one of the menus in the dining room. I usually get the shrimp Fra Diavalo, which is a spicy shrimp dish. But on our cruise last month on the Crown, I ordered the turbot instead. It was very good.

The Fra Diavalo is always my choice, but our waiter said that he would be bringing us a plate to share, so we both had the Veal Marsala - very flavorful, even if mine wasn't hot enough at first (remedied quickly with a new plate).

Bon Appetit!

Chris

Good afternoon at sea bound for Curacao.

Attended an informative Cruise Critic Meet & Greet this morning in Skywalkers. Learned a great deal from Captain Nash; he's extremely witty and very personable and fielded many questions from our group including a couple about the Costa Concordia tragedy (he remarked that his wife reads CC and hopes that we have something positive to say). About 30 members of the Roll Call were there as well as Hotel Manager Richard Harry and Cruise Director Lisa.

Captain Nash helped to answer some of your questions and I'll respond to as many as possible below.

*There was a death onboard last week. Because the cause of death was not immediately obvious, it was considered undetermined until investigated by the Ft. Lauderdale medical examiner. The stateroom was cordoned off while there was a search for medications/drugs and to assure that the stateroom had no contamination.

*Captain Nash will be aboard for 3 more sailings and then will be off until May.

*Wine from the wine packages can be sent to your stateroom but the order must be initiated from the dining room; wine card cannot be used at any bars.

*Remaining menu schedule: Monday(tonight) is 1st formal night, Tuesday is Caribbean, Wed. is Chef's night, Thursday is 2nd formal night, Friday is landfall.

*Clocks are set forward on Sunday night for this Southern Caribbean itinerary.

*Kory Simon is still entertaining in Crooners but we haven't found out how long he'll be onboard.

If I've missed any questions, please post and we'll try again tomorrow.

We're off to the Wet & Wacky Pool Games and then dining at the Crown Grill to celebrate Chris' sister's birthday. We'll check in again soon.

Mike

Good afternoon at sea bound for Curacao.

Attended an informative Cruise Critic Meet & Greet this morning in Skywalkers. Learned a great deal from Captain Nash; he's extremely witty and very personable and fielded many questions from our group including a couple about the Costa Concordia tragedy (he remarked that his wife reads CC and hopes that we have something positive to say). About 30 members of the Roll Call were there as well as Hotel Manager Richard Harry and Cruise Director Lisa.

Captain Nash helped to answer some of your questions and I'll respond to as many as possible below.

*There was a death onboard last week. Because the cause of death was not immediately obvious, it was considered undetermined until investigated by the Ft. Lauderdale medical examiner. The stateroom was cordoned off while there was a search for medications/drugs and to assure that the stateroom had no contamination.

*Captain Nash will be aboard for 3 more sailings and then will be off until May.

*Wine from the wine packages can be sent to your stateroom but the order must be initiated from the dining room; wine card cannot be used at any bars.

*Remaining menu schedule: Monday(tonight) is 1st formal night, Tuesday is Caribbean, Wed. is Chef's night, Thursday is 2nd formal night, Friday is landfall.

*Clocks are set forward on Sunday night for this Southern Caribbean itinerary.

*Kory Simon is still entertaining in Crooners but we haven't found out how long he'll be onboard.

If I've missed any questions, please post and we'll try again tomorrow.

We're off to the Wet & Wacky Pool Games and then dining at the Crown Grill to celebrate Chris' sister's birthday. We'll check in again soon.

Mike

Thanks for all of the info. I'm assuming Captain Nash's last sailing will be Feb. 18th. until he comes back in May. Is that correct? That is the sailing we are taking.

Thank you for taking time out of your vacation to report back to "future cruisers"! We are doing a B2B beginning 2/11. That puts us in Curacao on the 21st, which is their Grand Farwell parade evening. If you happen by the tour desk, could you please ask them if they're working on an excurision to take us to view the parade? We'd go on our own, but we haven't been able to arrange transportation back to the ship, some roads will be closed, and reports are taxi's will not be available. It's a 10 mile walk back-so that's not happening!

Thanks again.

Pmat

Thanks for all your info. I've been reading since you've boarded and love the review. I was wondering if you knew if all the cabins on board have gotten a new mattress with a pillow top? I don't like the old ones and would always ask for an egg crate topper. Please tell me I don't have to ask anymore!!!! Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning, everyone. We've just had breakfast and are looking forward to a private tour in Curacao upon arrival at @1:00. It's sunny and warm and looks to be a gorgeous day.

Mike and I treated my sisters to dinner at Crown Grill on the first formal night. Food and service were excellent! My sisters had to leave before one was feted for her birthday because they wanted to see the early show in Princess Theatre. By the time they got there, seating was already closed :( Don't know if they went to the late seating.

Anytime Dining is broke and needs to be fixed. Long lines. Pagers. Too many people making reservations. Some say that cards are being checked. Glad that we have late traditional.

Bed seems softer, so we might have a pillow-top. Didn't check to see if we have eggcrate.

Seas were not as rough as we expected, but many folks probably thought it was too bumpy.

Mike will post this evening.

Later...

Chris onboard the Crown

Type of NA imported beer?

Were there long lines on sailaway day to get reservations to the Crown Grill? Any tips to help?

If it's not too much trouble, can you please confirm what night is the Bavarian Buffet up in the Cafe' Caribe? We were hoping it was the same night as the Caribbean night in the main dining rooms, which actually is the night in Curacao, I think.

Thanks so much Chris and Mike! You guys are the best!

Great live review. DW and I were on the December 17 Crown Noro Cruise and, even with all of the Code Red precautions, had a wonderful time. Reading your updates is like taking another cruise without actually leaving home! I keep forcing myself to not book another one just yet . . .although it is getting quite difficult to keep away from my travel agents website!

I am looking forward to more updates. :)

Archived