Bus from Orlando to Miami

laurenpie

Hello :)

In October, I need to get to the Port Of Miami, normally I fly into Miami...

But prior to going to Miami, going to spend a few days in Orlando, I'm not keen on driving and flying is proving to be expensive when you add in baggage fees, etc.

(we are spening a night in Miami before our cruise, but just need to know the best way to get there with a bus)

Can anybody recommend a good bus company to go with?

Thanks in advance

Lauren

We are cruising out of Miami in April and will be in Orlando beforehand as well. For our dates, the cheapest airfair I could find, including Southwest, was just under $90 each (one way). It was slightly more than that for Amtrak. We will be taking a bus for $35 each. I found numerous shuttle services that ranged from the 35-over 100 each. Some left at 5:30 am, getting to Miami by noon. We will go down the day before, leaving Orlando just before noon, get dropped at the airport, get a free shuttle to the hotel. Some that travel on the day of will drop at the port. You can google Orlando to Miami transportation and find a number of services. Ours is booked through orlandomiami.com. After our trip I will post a review and comment on the bus service.

I also noticed you are going the day before. I also went through all the posts and websites concerning hotels. Many here bid on priceline, some are happy, some are not. Many hotels will offer free shuttles from the airport but few if any offer free to the port. We chose to book through priceline but without the bidding part for Fairfield Inn near the airport ($129+ tax). It has the free airport shuttle, free internet and breakfast. We have heard that it is a standard taxi rate of $25 (per cab, not per person) from the airport area to the port and some hotels, not sure about Fairfield offer shuttles for about $10 per person.

Did you check Southwest Air? Their flights are usually around $30 each way?? I'm sure Greyhound has a bus but Amtrak is a pleasant mode of transportation and pretty cheap.

I had a look at southwest, they didnt have flights for October when I need them, so I looked for a few random dates and it was showing as $90 but its a cheaper option that the original flights I've seen.

I saw on Trip Advisor some people were saying Amtrak was not a good way to travel because of the 'type' of people that it attracts. But figured that maybe that was just 1 persons opinion :)

I also noticed you are going the day before. I also went through all the posts and websites concerning hotels. Many here bid on priceline, some are happy, some are not. Many hotels will offer free shuttles from the airport but few if any offer free to the port. We chose to book through priceline but without the bidding part for Fairfield Inn near the airport ($129+ tax). It has the free airport shuttle, free internet and breakfast. We have heard that it is a standard taxi rate of $25 (per cab, not per person) from the airport area to the port and some hotels, not sure about Fairfield offer shuttles for about $10 per person.

I did check out Priceline, and it wasn't really that much cheaper than what I could get the hotel for... I'm a bit scared to bid though incase I don't get a hotel I want.

I had a look at southwest, they didnt have flights for October when I need them, so I looked for a few random dates and it was showing as $90 but its a cheaper option that the original flights I've seen.

I saw on Trip Advisor some people were saying Amtrak was not a good way to travel because of the 'type' of people that it attracts. But figured that maybe that was just 1 persons opinion :)

Keep checking Southwest.

I've ridden Amtrak up and down the eastern seaboard and have never had a problem and have only met the nicest people. Probably about twenty times in the last two years.

IMHO, it's one of the nicest ways you can travel.

Amtrak from Orlando to Miami isn't direct, it's about a six hour trip. Keep in mind that the Amtrak station is no where near any of the tourist spots, it's near downtown Orlando in an OK but not great neighborhood.

Amtrak from Orlando to Miami isn't direct, it's about a six hour trip. Keep in mind that the Amtrak station is no where near any of the tourist spots, it's near downtown Orlando in an OK but not great neighborhood.

Can you tell me where the train station is in Miami? We fly in on the 14th and are thinking of taking the train to Orlando the next day.

I vote the red coach over the train! and I love trains, but the intra Florida Amtrak leaves a lot to be desired

Really? The cost is much higher for Red Coach. Thanks for chiming in...SSo, Red Coach, train or car rental? I hear driving in Miami is nuts! From the airport, where should we stay if we choose to go on the train?

I love the cruisecritic members!! You are all the greatest for being here for all of us who like to travel but need to collect great advice!!

No, it has a bunch of stops but all trains are like that and even the high speed Acela Express isn't direct. You have to catch the bus on the Silver Meteor to get over to Tampa/St. Pete.

Taxi from the train station to downtown Miami and stay near POM - Hyatt, Intercontinental, Holiday Inn (mixed reviews), Doubletree and Marriott Biscayne Bay are favorites on these boards. Taxi to the port from any downtown hotel will cost you $10-12. Good luck! :)

I vote the red coach over the train! and I love trains, but the intra Florida Amtrak leaves a lot to be desired

Do they perhaps only run certain times of the year? I put in that I wanted to travel in october from Orlando to Miami and it came up with nothing.

Red Coach USA only lets you make reservations online 2 months in advance.

It is a great bus lines with AC adapters near the big seats.

I used them in January 2012, and am looking forward to using them again in March, but they raised their prices for a trip $30.

Still only $110 round trip, better than $20 a day to park at pier.

Can you tell me where the train station is in Miami? We fly in on the 14th and are thinking of taking the train to Orlando the next day.

8303 NW 37th Avenue

Miami, FL 33147

Not too far from MIA - a short cab ride. Good luck! :)

• 6 months later...
Hello :)

In October, I need to get to the Port Of Miami, normally I fly into Miami...

But prior to going to Miami, going to spend a few days in Orlando, I'm not keen on driving and flying is proving to be expensive when you add in baggage fees, etc.

(we are spening a night in Miami before our cruise, but just need to know the best way to get there with a bus)

Can anybody recommend a good bus company to go with?

Thanks in advance

Lauren

Laurie I would use http://www.atcbuses.com , they are a 5 star rated coach line in Florida.

• 1 month later...
Ours is booked through orlandomiami.com. After our trip I will post a review and comment on the bus service.

Raleigh Traveler, how did you find the service which you booked through orlandomiami.com? I am considering booking their service too. Thanks

We have heard that it is a standard taxi rate of $25 (per cab, not per person) from the airport area to the port and some hotels, not sure about Fairfield offer shuttles for about $10 per person.

You will be on the meter from the hotel to POM, since you are not leaving from the airport. If traffic is light, $25 plus tip is a reasonable estimate.

Archived