Am i the only one grossed out by robes in buffet line?

Actually, I think the use of the robes for what you mentioned above is exactly why they are provided, along with with other uses. I think the main concern on this thread is people being dressed properly around their food. People get hinky about their food.......

In that case we should make sure the cook isn't wearing a robe.

Thanks, and you're right. I have way too much going on trying to raise a family to worry about what other people do, unless it's a direct threat to me. Maybe my new avatar with my bandanna will keep them busy judging for a while :D

Love the bandanna. There was a couple we ran into on several of our Carnival cruises who wore his and hers matching bandannas. The first time we met them we noticed she had a little bit of difficulty walking. As the years went by, her MS got to the point where she was wheel chair bound. The thing that touched us was her husband's loving care everytime we saw them.

Dave

Actually, I think the use of the robes for what you mentioned above is exactly why they are provided, along with with other uses. I think the main concern on this thread is people being dressed properly around their food. People get hinky about their food.......

I realize that it is about seeing people in bathrobes in the buffet and MDR in robes, but I have read on this thread that people just find the bathrobe inappropriate anywhere outside of your cabin, so that is what I was responding to.

It wouldn't bother me to see someone in a robe at the buffet. I might think that it's a little odd, but who am I to judge someones attire? I would much rather see a bathrobe than a hairy chest or hairy armpits. To me that is unsanitary.

On our last cruise, we saw a gentleman at Guest Services in his robe. Our 1st thought was that his luggage must have been lost and he had nothing to wear. We felt bad for him and hoped that his luggage would turn up.

I realize that it is about seeing people in bathrobes in the buffet and MDR in robes, but I have read on this thread that people just find the bathrobe inappropriate anywhere outside of your cabin, so that is what I was responding to.

It wouldn't bother me to see someone in a robe at the buffet. I might think that it's a little odd, but who am I to judge someones attire? I would much rather see a bathrobe than a hairy chest or hairy armpits. To me that is unsanitary.

On our last cruise, we saw a gentleman at Guest Services in his robe. Our 1st thought was that his luggage must have been lost and he had nothing to wear. We felt bad for him and hoped that his luggage would turn up.

I'm with you all the way.

, but who am I to judge someones attire? I would much rather see a bathrobe than a hairy chest . To me that is unsanitary.

I know alot of women that would disagree with you. I know alot of women that like my hairy chest.;)

But you are judging... Your saying someone is unsanitary because they have a hairy chest

This thread is entertaining...sort of like those PEOPLE OF WALMART photos I use to get in my email.

I am sure some folks can run up to the Lido deck in their robe and grab a fancy coffee and a food item and head back to their room with it and be tactful. BUT just like any "public" situation...some folks just aren't as good at pulling that off.

Anyone been watching My Big Redneck Vacation or Bayou Billionaires on CMT? :eek: It takes all kinds!

Grab a cocktail and have a GREAT cruise!!

Exactly what I thought - just keep this in mind, along with the rest of your snobby, judgmental opinions - if that person were me, I'm not doing it because I'm lazy. I'm doing it because all of my hair has fallen out due to chemo drugs, and I will NOT drop my head cover because YOU think its tacky or trashy.

You wouldn't know why I was wearing it. Being as I am young, and have a small child, you would automatically ASSUME I was being lazy, you wouldn't know if I had short hair, or no hair. You don't know what's underneath it.

Exactly the same you wouldn't know whats under a robe, or if I was only wearing the robe for 10 minutes to grab a coffee or if I was wearing it because my clothes were in the wash, or if I had a swim suit on and was simply chilly.

My statement stands - stop being a judgmental jerk and stop worrying about what other people wear or do. Sometimes, you have no clue what's going on.

Wish there was a "LIKE" button.

I don't like bathrobes in the buffet, certainly not in the MDR or lounges, and because of this I am (as part of a group) being accused of trying to raise robots, having no sympathy with people undergoing cancer treatment or on medications that make people lose their hair, trying to make nursing mothers feed their infants in bathrooms. Those are big leaps folks.

Spas? Fine places for robes. Pools? No problem. Even going back and forth to pools and spas- though preferably not through the lobbies. Hardly a radical idea- many hotels post this kind of request. The fact that some people come to the main desk of a hotel nude has nothing to do with this- some people drive drunk too. Is that relevant? Hardly. Out under the stars when the night is cold and you want to watch the movie? No problem. (Although yes, I would probably carry it with me rather than wear it.) Robes as clothing or in liu of clothing? No. There I draw the line. Just as I would distinguish between going out in a robe to get the mail (fine) and going out to buy milk (not fine).

Do I sit in judgement of those who do? What difference does it make to any of you what I am thinking. I will think what I like, and judge as I see fit. On the other hand, I will not publically respond in a way which would indicate how I was feeling about what I was seeing.

I just wanna know if its okay to go braless provided I'm otherwise completely dressed, since the original poster specifically mentioned that even a hint of being without a bra was "gross".

There, I've done my part to take this thread into yet another direction.

How can something soft, warm, cozy, and covering up most body parts be tacky or tasteless. :confused:

Face it folks, it's a cultural mind-set. It is what your mother taught you and hers before her. Not only are some people overly judgmental, they still hold onto their prudish hang-ups.

I found this on youtube. I hope it is allowed here to post a youtube video. Seems that there are people who have a sense of humor and are not hung up on their moral judgements.

Entertaining thread. Some woman voiced concern about our robes being worn from the serenity deck back to our cabin, and I showed her the bathing suit underneath... no problemo. She was a dingbat. I'm a dressy kind of person too, but it was a coolish night and the robe was better for cover than my shortie coverup. Ahhh... serenity deck hot tub on a cool night, a glass of bubbly for later and feet up on the balcony rail until the sea rocks you to sleep.

Perfect lido breakfast attire for me... skid proof ballet shoes, drawsting cotton lounging pants, peasant blouse, tunic or embellished tee over decent underpinnings. That, in fact- will carry one through the majority of a day at sea.

I just wanna know if its okay to go braless provided I'm otherwise completely dressed, since the original poster specifically mentioned that even a hint of being without a bra was "gross".

There, I've done my part to take this thread into yet another direction.

honey, if they don't point south, touch your belt ( or lower).. I say go for it, and be damn proud of it!

However, if they shake more than a bartender mixing a martini....then you may be pushin it!! :p

Archived