Sun Princess two nighter March 1

We're thinking of taking the SP two nighter from Brisbane to Sydney as an intro before we take the plunge and book Fijian Jewels March 19 next year. Want to make sure SP is somewhere I want to spend 11 days with my family and friends next year.

A few questions for anyone who has sailed one of these two nighters and Princess in general -

Sail time is 8pm. What time will boarding be (as we will both be working that day)?

Conflicting info on dining. Is anytime available? Otherwise, we'll choose late.

Future cruise credits (or whatever they are called). Do they exist on Princess? If they do, what's the go with them and the advantage of buying them?

Next year's cruise. Should we book next year's cruise while onboard? If we do, can we transfer it to a travel agent so that the booking can be included in the group booking we'll be aiming to create (next year is a cruise for my 50th)?

Pricing - we're aiming for as cheap as possible so will book an inside (eek!!!). Current lowest price I've found is $241 each. Anyone have a crystal ball that can see if that might come down any further?

That's about all folks.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

pete

We're thinking of taking the SP two nighter from Brisbane to Sydney as an intro before we take the plunge and book Fijian Jewels March 19 next year. Want to make sure SP is somewhere I want to spend 11 days with my family and friends next year.

A few questions for anyone who has sailed one of these two nighters and Princess in general -

Sail time is 8pm. What time will boarding be (as we will both be working that day)?

Conflicting info on dining. Is anytime available? Otherwise, we'll choose late.

Future cruise credits (or whatever they are called). Do they exist on Princess? If they do, what's the go with them and the advantage of buying them?

Next year's cruise. Should we book next year's cruise while onboard? If we do, can we transfer it to a travel agent so that the booking can be included in the group booking we'll be aiming to create (next year is a cruise for my 50th)?

Pricing - we're aiming for as cheap as possible so will book an inside (eek!!!). Current lowest price I've found is $241 each. Anyone have a crystal ball that can see if that might come down any further?

That's about all folks.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

pete

pete, we dont do 2 nighters as its not long enough but at a guess boarding may start about 4pm but i could be wrong

NO anytime dining

we find the Future Cruise Credits very good as they only cost $100 pp by credit card and thats your deposit paid for cruises up to 49 days and you have the option to cancel out before final payment for any reason

as for pricing i think thats a fair price and the 1st march is not far off so if you want to try it out....go for it....the Sun Princess is a nice ship

Bob has answered your questions well. I agree with him that the price of that cruise will probably not come down any further. There isn't much room to drop it anyway. :)

One more advantage of the future cruise letter - it will entitle you to an on board credit that is basicly a gift. The amount of the credit depends on the length of the cruise. If you book with the FCL you can transfer to another cruise or cancel without penalty, and if you don't use the FCL within four years you can get your $100 pp refunded. It is a win-win. I suggest you buy a couple each.

We're thinking of taking the SP two nighter from Brisbane to Sydney as an intro before we take the plunge and book

pete

Hi Pete,

DH and I can understand where you are coming from, as we have suffered from the same syndrome for years! We have done several cruises on Princess, mainly out of the USA, Mexico, Hawaii and around Asia.

We had heard various reports from wonderful, to so-so, to "the old girl is passed it, so we have been apprehensive.

We are due to sail on Sea Princess on 4 March for our Cherry Blossom cruise. The thought of flying, albeit just from the Sunshine Coast to Sydney was too much for us. Imagine our surprise to discover the Sun Princess was sailing out of Brisbane. It was meant to be we said to one another and just booked it. After all, it is only two nights and what a great way for us to discover what she is really like - rather than listening to others!!

Come on, be brave and join us!!

Let us know what you decide.

Nicki

HI

We have cruised on Sun Princess twice and we loved her. The staff are all so welcoming and the ship is very easy to get around. Our sons had an inside cabin on deck 9 JJ cat and it was a great cabin, not the usual rectangle shape.

They don't have anytime dining but we always went to the 2nd seating for dinner and that worked out really well. We could be up on deck for sail out from each port than then we would have time to go and get changed for dinner.

I recently did 2 nights on the Radiance of the Seas, this was my first 2 nighter, she didn't depart till 10pm. We went to work that day then ended up getting to the ship at 6pm. We could get on the ship anytime up to 1 hour before departure.

Tania :)

You will probably be able to get on anytime from lunch time.....

FCC letters are well worth it...use instead of paying a fortune for a deposit get free on board credit as well definately win win

Nice size ship...no anytime dining

Two dayers are interesting but not really much more than a looksee at the ship.

Hi, I booked this cruise a few days ago, $674 for an OV obstructed, going solo this time so had to pay double.

Knocked back chance of an upgrade as would rather this cabin than a full OV lower down and possibly in the bow.

When booking the operator told me boarding begins at 11am and closes at 5pm but I will be confirming these times closer to sailing date.

This is a chance for a few days away from work and to check out Sun Princess before booking a longer cruise, under $900 including air fares from Mel, not to bad for a few days break.:)

Cheers.

Hi, I booked this cruise a few days ago, $674 for an OV obstructed, going solo this time so had to pay double.

Knocked back chance of an upgrade as would rather this cabin than a full OV lower down and possibly in the bow.

When booking the operator told me boarding begins at 11am and closes at 5pm but I will be confirming these times closer to sailing date.

This is a chance for a few days away from work and to check out Sun Princess before booking a longer cruise, under $900 including air fares from Mel, not to bad for a few days break.:)

Cheers.

hey yatchet

I'm guessing they are desperate to fill the ship. Agent contacted us this morning to confirm reservation and to offer obstructed OV for same price as JJ I had booked. I'm just confirming that.

So hopefully, it's going to be $520 all up in an HH, plus $190 return for the two of us back to Brizvegas. A bargain and a half!

We would have been happy with the inside for a couple of nights but much happier to have a window.

Can't see either of us being able to get to the ship by 5 though so hope the agent who quoted that time is a little out. We're hoping to be in the cab at 5, so traffic dependant should be at Hamilton within 20 minutes. If we can sneak away earlier from work we will.

So love the idea of catching a cab to go on a cruise. Much easier than flying to Vancouver, Venice, Shanghai and Dover :)

pete

From looking at the deck plan only two HH, both fully obstructed and we've been allocated one of them - 605. A window is a window though.

Just how small will this cabin be?

172 outside then verandah on Infinity, 250+ verandah on Rotterdam, 155 (I think) outside on Legend OTS and bit smaller again, outside, on Norwegian Sun.

Only two nights I know, just want to be prepared. At least next March will be a balcony :)

we booked a day too soon!:)

Yeah and I booked about three days to early. Lol, oh well whats a couple of hundred these days. I will have to put in an extra two hours at work to make up for it.:eek:

I know what you mean about the size of cabin, i'm used to a balcony or mini suite but it's only two nights, so i'm sure it will be fine.:)

just had a look at the cruise and they have vacancies JJ inside for $218

or an obstructed view for $248

I know you can't give me a name for the site, but any hints? Or could you email me please? :D finetuneit at hotmail dot com...

I know you can't give me a name for the site, but any hints? Or could you email me please? :D finetuneit at hotmail dot com...

have you registered with princess as yet....if not you can go into the site and it will show the inside cabins as sold out and the outsides as $258 but if i log on it shows as those prices i quoted you before with insides still available

Interior rooms now from $178 when logged on and as past passenger. Shame it wasn't leaving next day as we arrive in Brisbane on QE on 2nd and it would be a great round trip.

my past passenger price comes up as $198 for an inside & $248 outside....how come you get $178

If I ever book one of these again it will be be very last minute as the one I sailed on in December (Dawn Princess Sydney to Melbourne) had people getting tickets for just over $100 - about a quarter of the price I paid and in better cabins:mad:

Archived