Sun Princess two nighter March 1

If I ever book one of these again it will be be very last minute as the one I sailed on in December (Dawn Princess Sydney to Melbourne) had people getting tickets for just over $100 - about a quarter of the price I paid and in better cabins:mad:

it all depends on supply and demand, if you wait too long you could miss out all together

If I ever book one of these again it will be be very last minute as the one I sailed on in December (Dawn Princess Sydney to Melbourne) had people getting tickets for just over $100 - about a quarter of the price I paid and in better cabins:mad:

We were on that cruise too and yes we had friends that booked late and got a better deal but that is the luck of the draw.... they could have missed out altogether. If we can sail for @$100 a day each we are happy. We book these short cruises with our US TA for $195 each and are happy with that. I can understand those that book in Australia for $300+ each and then they flog off the leftovers for $100. Doesn't seem fair does it? As to getting the better cabins, most of the ones I know that got the cheap fares were in the worst cabins on the ship, I think I would prefer to pay extra.

Just checked on price for interior cabin as it was early this am when posted and yes it is now still showing $178. I ticked past passenger box and signed in as well. I'm Platinum with Princess, so I don't know if that makes any difference. Outside rooms $248 and no available balconies.

Just checked on price for interior cabin as it was early this am when posted and yes it is now still showing $178. I ticked past passenger box and signed in as well. I'm Platinum with Princess, so I don't know if that makes any difference. Outside rooms $248 and no available balconies.

seems strange you having a price of $178, we are elite and i still get a price of $198 for inside

Definitely still comes up $178.12, to be precise. Comes up as 'your fare', followed it through on Princess site to travel summary, $356.24 for 2 in category K. Prices for other Interior categories - K and L $178.12, J - $188.12, JJ - $198.12, I - $208.12, II - $218.12. Can't possibly think of why this is happening, especially as you are Elite and I'm only Platinum. Do they give an age reduction? If I don't sign in, the site has no available interior rooms but still has balconies!

I just did a check too. Interior and oceanview sold out

Balcony $378.12 each. Minisuites and suites - I fainted when I saw the price for two days!!!!! but available.

(I can't seem to sign in anonymously to try that. As soon as I get the Princess main page, it welcomes me!!)

Did some further searching and found out that indeed your prices are the cheapest and available at the moment $198. I cannot go on the Sun as we are on the QE and was looking it up for friends that missed out on the QE as it sold out so quickly. I only took the booking up to category selection and travel summary - so out of curiosity I took the booking further. Even those the prices and categories still come up on my original page when logged in, they are indeed not available when I took the booking to cabin selection page. I don't think the prices will get as low as the Syd -Mel Dawn Princess in Dec '11,we paid $148 with $25 obc. twin share interior. Thought this one was getting close to it though! I think I'll stick to online agent than Princess site and keep out of strife! When I go onto Princess page, top right, it says sign in or register and for me I have to sign in with email address and password for it to recognize me. I'm using iPad, not my computer, don't know if this makes a difference.

i just did a dummy booking for 2 people

$436 JJ inside still available

$496 G obstructed still available

$616 EE outside still available

$636 D outside still available

$656 C outside still available

balconys sold out & i didnt bother checking mini or suites

I was still getting $396.24 for 2, Interior, on Baja deck with available 205,210,226,231,233 and 317. I clicked on 210 and followed through to passenger details at this price. I can't figure it out, very conflicting results.

I was still getting $396.24 for 2, Interior, on Baja deck with available 205,210,226,231,233 and 317. I clicked on 210 and followed through to passenger details at this price. I can't figure it out, very conflicting results.

very strange but we are not going on the cruise but if any people are wondering there's still vacancies available

Got an email from Princess yesterday with last minute deals for this cruise and a couple of others. I have just booked 2 cabins on the one for Dawn Princess 18th May Syd - Bris - inside guarantee for $198 per person;) As mentioned earlier this will be cheaper than a weekend at the coast. Airfare Brisbane to Syd approx $100 pp. Now I have to update my signature.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to buy duty free on these coastal cruises or we don't leave Aussie waters so it doesn't apply?

Fates have continued to tumble. For princess first timers our agent has balcony guarantees for under $290, new bookings only though.

We'll know for next time to leave it to last minute.

Is it possible to buy duty free on these coastal cruises or we don't leave Aussie waters so it doesn't apply?

Fates have continued to tumble. For princess first timers our agent has balcony guarantees for under $290, new bookings only though.

We'll know for next time to leave it to last minute.

No duty free on the 2 nighters. Next time there might not be any low prices. It is very unusual for these sort of last minute prices on the 2 nighters on Princess. Usually they are so popular they sell out way before the sailing.

I'm coming tooooo, hope to catch up with some CC fans.. that's if there is

enough time, 2 nights :eek:

Anyone wanting to cancel their NZ 3/3/12 S207 cruise let me know I need

your cabin, she is full...:(:(:(

Cheers

Robyn

Believe me a lot of this full and a long waiting list cruises ARE AVAILABLE if you log in two or three times every day and keep trying I have friends who have obtained a cabin when the wait list was full and closed but they were lucky and they were not the only ones on 3 different cruises KEEP TRYINMG

No duty free on the 2 nighters. Next time there might not be any low prices. It is very unusual for these sort of last minute prices on the 2 nighters on Princess. Usually they are so popular they sell out way before the sailing.

My mum's an Eileen as well!

Thanks for the duty free info. Was just out of interest's sake. We're off to Thailand two weeks after this so we'll be doing the duty free purchases then.

I'm surprised about the prices continuing down as well. When I've checked different categories, balconies especially, my agent comes back with at least half a dozen choices each.

Better to fill the ship at cheaper prices then sail half empty at expensive prices.

Just booked this 2 nighter last night. Can't believe the price. It is about $50 cheaper than last week. I just have to wait for confirmation now. My concern is that it will turn out to be one of the prices and categories that is sold out and I they will try and bump me to another price!

Just booked this 2 nighter last night. Can't believe the price. It is about $50 cheaper than last week. I just have to wait for confirmation now. My concern is that it will turn out to be one of the prices and categories that is sold out and I they will try and bump me to another price!

so many cabins still showing available across multiple sites.

good luck

we're going to but booked about three weeks back now

pete

so many cabins still showing available across multiple sites.

good luck

we're going to but booked about three weeks back now

pete

Hi Pete,

Nicki here. I answered your question re upgrade on the other roll-call.

I remember you saying you are travelling to Thailand in a couple of weeks. Hope you are not flying Air Australia. Sad news really. We had friends who flew with them ages ago as Strategic and said they left the others for dead. In those days they were a full service airline.

I actually looked at some pricing yesterday for Sun, and certain categories have increased. Obviously different sites, different prices. I haven't been looking at the Princess site.

It is a bit like duty free shopping overseas. You buy your camera, you negotiate your price, you purchase and hopefully you are happy. You NEVER go into another store and ask their price - you only get upset and hurt, and the price may not be genuine anyway!!

Nicki

Confirmation of this cruise has just come thru. Just have to wait for cabin assignment.

Went on Pacific Sun last week for a 2 night cruise and said I would not do a 2 nighter again. How quickly I change. Hopefully this will be different!

Just a couple of questions:

Taxi or shuttle to the pier from the airport and how long should it take?

What time will boarding be considering the 8.00pm departure?

Just need to make sure I book the flights at the right time!

:):):):):)

Just booked this an hour ago - inside cabin on Baja at a fantastic price. Forward , but should be fun for 2 nights .

Not sure about the alcohol policy on Sun Princess - are we able to bring a bottle of wine on board ?

Hi Pete,

Nicki here. I answered your question re upgrade on the other roll-call.

I remember you saying you are travelling to Thailand in a couple of weeks. Hope you are not flying Air Australia. Sad news really. We had friends who flew with them ages ago as Strategic and said they left the others for dead. In those days they were a full service airline.

I actually looked at some pricing yesterday for Sun, and certain categories have increased. Obviously different sites, different prices. I haven't been looking at the Princess site.

It is a bit like duty free shopping overseas. You buy your camera, you negotiate your price, you purchase and hopefully you are happy. You NEVER go into another store and ask their price - you only get upset and hurt, and the price may not be genuine anyway!!

Nicki

Nope, going with Thai Nicki. Loooooove Thai.

Great price from Brizvegas of 850ish including an internal return flight. We've booked Brisbane-Bkk-Chang mai then Krabi-Bkk-Brisbane and paid all of $70 each for the one way flight between Chang mai and Krabi (via Bkk).

Feel very sorry for the people who have flights booked with AA. Only said this morning to my partner (after reading the paper) that I gave them a few weeks. Ten minutes later I get a call from him saying "they've gone into receivership". nearly died, thought he has was referring to his company.

Relief and then sadness when he said no, AA.

I'm a shocker for keeping looking. Know exactly what your saying about prices for anything else.

Like I said, we're thrilled with the price we paid for this cruise as two nighters have always appeared to be so expensive. For a luxury hotel, that's moving at about 50ks and serving us good food, with free entertainment, anything under $200 each per night is bloody (oops) cheap in our books :D

can't wait until March 1 !!!!!!!!!!!

Just booked this one for daughter and myself no cabin as yet but who cares where for 2 nights. A great price under $100 each so with airfare back we ended up paying under $350 all up for the two of us. The main reason for going is to boost her to elite status by end of year for a NZ one we are thinking of going on. The good thing for me is that the free mini bar on this cruise is virtually worth the same as my ticket.:)

Nope, going with Thai Nicki. Loooooove Thai.

Great price from Brizvegas of 850ish including an internal return flight. We've booked Brisbane-Bkk-Chang mai then Krabi-Bkk-Brisbane and paid all of $70 each for the one way flight between Chang mai and Krabi (via Bkk).

can't wait until March 1 !!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Pete,

So envious of your Thailand trip! You did get a good deal, and you are right, Thai is a great airline. DH and I love everything about Thailand - the people are gorgeous - they are gentle and sooooo sweet, the food is sensational, the thai massages are fantastic, and if you like to shop, the shopping is great too, but like other parts of Asia, some of it is really made for the youngsters.

Having a big packing day today as we have six weeks of travel to think about, and two seasons - hot and very cold - keeping it simple, don't care if I wash and wear. Just so sick and tired of lugging around a heavy bag. Causes too much stress! Even with Thailand, we take enough for a couple of days and buy, buy buy!!

Nicki

Archived