Sun Princess two nighter March 1

Just booked this one for daughter and myself no cabin as yet but who cares where for 2 nights. A great price under $100 each so with airfare back we ended up paying under $350 all up for the two of us. The main reason for going is to boost her to elite status by end of year for a NZ one we are thinking of going on. The good thing for me is that the free mini bar on this cruise is virtually worth the same as my ticket.:)

Hi Suey,

What a great way for your daughter to reach Elite status. Under $100 each is unbelievable. Last posting was $149 for inside plus $15 OBC, so you will be the envy of the other passengers. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't, but as long as we all have a wonderful time - that's all that matters.

Looking forward to meeting you on board. Hope you get your cabin soon.

Nicki

We booked on Monday and another friend booked yesterday. She payed $50 less than what we did 4 days earlier! lol

For once we were in luck! I was going to book Monday and then DH said no, so I forgot about it! On Friday night I had another look at Princess website and it was also about $50 cheaper, so for once we were in luck!

No such luck with flights though!!

There is another thread here regarding this cruise -- I just posted this to it

We have friends on this cruise and they also seem to think that the ship sails at 8PM --- however the Brisbane Ports website says that you depart at 4PM We were at the river mouth two days ago to see QM2 - and Sun Princess sailed out around 5.30 PM - which would mean about a 4 PM departure from Dockside.

Barry

This cruise has threads everywhere, lol. Our flights went up by $30 when we went to book. And of course now we have booked there is a points sale on and I could have gotten it "cheaper". I'm going, that's what counts.

My original flight from Newcastle went up $10 overnight!

We are now going from Sydney, cost more, but more flights and not the problems of getting to Newcastle Airport (even though it is closer) The flight price is almost as much as the cruise, but I agree, at least we are going!

Haven't been on the Sun but have heard many wonderful tales.

It is my birthday present to me!

We also got an OBC. :D

boohooooooo we missed out on the super cheap cabin price because my internet slowed to a crawl as i was checking out flights..........price changed before my eye's :eek::eek:........not meant to be i guess..........lol cheers Shiona

Princess website was saying all sold out no cabins so I thought I would ring them and got the ''sold out'' price:p

It just came up as $97 for me but then when I continued through to booking it said none available. Cat II is still available. Shiona, come with us!

Yes that is what happened to me but when I rang she quoted and booked me the $97 price :)

There is another thread here regarding this cruise -- I just posted this to it

We have friends on this cruise and they also seem to think that the ship sails at 8PM --- however the Brisbane Ports website says that you depart at 4PM We were at the river mouth two days ago to see QM2 - and Sun Princess sailed out around 5.30 PM - which would mean about a 4 PM departure from Dockside.

Barry

According to my travel summary and boarding pass,

Ship departs 8pm.:confused:

Interesting--Princess Australia is quoting $97.94 for Cat N, then it jumps up to $147.94 for Cats K,L,M. Princess USA is still at $195 USD thru Cat K.

If we had the cash flow, I would be tempted to get an extra cabin so each of us were in a separate cabin just for an extra status credit.

I'm not upset though as the airfare has jumped way up. We got the 4:20 Jetstar back to BNE for $49 each, now it's up to $109 so I guess it all balances out in the end.

I am curious to see if anymore upgrades will come through though I really do like being on Aloha deck.

Hey Suey

Can you tell me about this ?

"The good thing for me is that the free mini bar on this cruise is virtually worth the same as my ticket":eek:

cheers:eek:

Because I am Elite on Princess I get a complimentary mini-bar set-up in the cabin and being the maths teacher I am I added up the value when I was on the Dawn Princess and it was around $92 and as I paid under $98 for ticket I am happy.:p Although I must admit most of the little bottles of alcohol come home with me as I am not really a drinker;)

Gee there are some lucky travellers on this cruise, price wise!!!

Can anyone confirm if ship leaves at 4pm or 8pm. Maybe I'll ring Princess tomorrow...

Cheers

I can't see the sailing time as not being 8pm as this is on all correspondance and what many people have planned for with work and flight times so I am sure there would be hell to pay if they changed it at this late date. I would just have to get 'sick' earlier than the friday I had planned ;)

Because I am Elite on Princess I get a complimentary mini-bar set-up in the cabin and being the maths teacher I am I added up the value when I was on the Dawn Princess and it was around $92 and as I paid under $98 for ticket I am happy.:p Although I must admit most of the little bottles of alcohol come home with me as I am not really a drinker;)

are you sure you get the mini bar set up and the internet for a 2 day cruise, did you ring princess and ask them

are you sure you get the mini bar set up and the internet for a 2 day cruise, did you ring princess and ask them

Hi, friends received it when they went Melbourne to Sydney last year...not bad for 2 nights...

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

Archived