Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

One of the underlying issues posed from the beginning of the Concordia disaster is: Do female social visitors on the bridge pose a danger ?

On March 14 one of the five co-anchors on Fox News' "The Five" show commented on a recent Medical Association Journal report. The study indicated that premliminary data indicates that men have difficulty in concentrating on other matters when in close physical proximty to women.

I've tried to locate the original source but have been unsucessful, so far.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ?

Today news,Concordia's bell has been stolen...:(

I was just reading an article about this. Seems it happened about 2 weeks ago. Police can't figure out how the divers (as they believe it was more than 1) got around the lasers and security surrounding the ship.

I can't figure out what they think they will do with it. Can't display it, it's stolen property. No one should be willing to buy it because, again because it's stolen property. Hold it for ransom, not likely. :rolleyes: ;) :confused:

I was just reading an article about this. Seems it happened about 2 weeks ago. Police can't figure out how the divers (as they believe it was more than 1) got around the lasers and security surrounding the ship.

I can't figure out what they think they will do with it. Can't display it, it's stolen property. No one should be willing to buy it because, again because it's stolen property. Hold it for ransom, not likely. :rolleyes: ;) :confused:

OK, enough is enough. Which one of your Cruise Critic Concordia Posters hired scavengers to get it for you? :eek:

I want a full confession posted on this thread by 8 am (USA EDT) tomorrow. :D

Then email me for my home address, so you can send it to me for anonymous return...........:rolleyes:

John

Edited by Uniall

OK, enough is enough. Which one of your Cruise Critic Concordia Posters hired scavengers to get it for you? :eek:

Then email me for my home address, so you can send it to me for anonymous return...........:rolleyes:

John

What you should have asked was who amongst us has diving experience. That would narrow down the field of possible posters. :D

John

It wasnt me Guv !!!.....I have an alibi for whenever it went missing......My misses said I wasnt allowed out to play that day......

thats my excuse and Im sticking to it so nah !!!!!!

rgds

:):)

It wasnt me Guv !!!.....I have an alibi for whenever it went missing......My misses said I wasnt allowed out to play that day......

thats my excuse and Im sticking to it so nah !!!!!!

rgds

I have some experience in 'diving' but not aquatic lol.....!!!!

:rolleyes:

Hhmm, methinks you deny too much. :D

costa-concordia-images.jpg?w=450&h=299

What do you think this thing weighs. Had to pretty hard to get away with it.

Hhmm, methinks you deny too much. :D

costa-concordia-images.jpg?w=450&h=299

What do you think this thing weighs. Had to pretty hard to get away with it.

BOLO - BOLO - BOLO

Be On the Look Out

for a run away circus strong man

wearing a large brass lamp shade for a hat

:eek:

I'll wonder if it was an inside job, and how much other loot has been removed by the "official" divers?
Having received inside information I have been informed that it was definately an inside job......two individuals were seen lugging the bell across the field. One was described as having a tight bum and blonde hair, the other was a dark haired pot bellied man, shouting I tripped honest I tripped !!!!

:):)

I'll wonder if it was an inside job, and how much other loot has been removed by the "official" divers?

The Med is huge on illegal salvage divers (aka shipwreck thieves). Any crowd sophisticated enough to approach and board the Concordia despite the one mile boat limit is probably using a "diving sledge", a motorized underwater container used to carry equipment while diving. Some of these rigs can carry a ton or more of stuff - all while zipping along with a diver at several knots.

In my opinion, either the bell (if actually missing and not fallen off) was an 'inside job', or it was organized crime being brazen enough to send Italian authorities the message 'you can't stop us' and thumbing their noses. There is no item better than a ship's bell for sending this message.

In other news, I just listed a large brass item on eBay. :)

The Med is huge on illegal salvage divers (aka shipwreck thieves). Any crowd sophisticated enough to approach and board the Concordia despite the one mile boat limit is probably using a "diving sledge", a motorized underwater container used to carry equipment while diving. Some of these rigs can carry a ton or more of stuff - all while zipping along with a diver at several knots.

In my opinion, either the bell (if actually missing and not fallen off) was an 'inside job', or it was organized crime being brazen enough to send Italian authorities the message 'you can't stop us' and thumbing their noses. There is no item better than a ship's bell for sending this message.

In other news, I just listed a large brass item on eBay. :)

LOL....Made me think about a law that was put in place here a few years back. The scrap metal buyers had to start documenting who was selling the "scrap" and where it came from. The law was in response to the price of copper going through the roof and thus people started stealing A/C units or just trashing them and ripping out the copper.

LOL....Made me think about a law that was put in place here a few years back. The scrap metal buyers had to start documenting who was selling the "scrap" and where it came from. The law was in response to the price of copper going through the roof and thus people started stealing A/C units or just trashing them and ripping out the copper.

Here in Florida a lot of the A/C copper thieves have gone eco-friendly.

Instead of just ripping out the copper coil, they first puncture the line and inhale the refrigerant.:eek:

Nice of them to think of the environment.:D

What's a girl to do ? :eek:

Domnica hasn't had a thing to wear since the sinking. :rolleyes:

How do you say "little black dress" in Russian ? :p

Don't know about the little black dress, John. It was the expensive Italian shoes they found that made the news - the ones she had complained about losing - the one's that cost her an "arm and a leg" as she was quoted. Unbelievable that she would complain about shoes when people lost much more than literally an arm and a leg....they lost their lives!!!!

What's a girl to do ? :eek:

Domnica hasn't had a thing to wear since the sinking. :rolleyes:

How do you say "little black dress" in Russian ? :p

According to babelfish its.....

немногая черное платье

I will leave it up to you for how to pronounce it lol.....

rgds

:)

I see the 'dip' in profits, however I dont see the 'lets get rid of them'

Get rid of whom ?

Its now two months since the Costa Concordia hit the shoreline of Giglio after the rogue Captain tried to perform a 'sail-by' which culminated in the death of 32 persons.

We have seen some work being done on her, the removal of the fuel, however there is still a lot to be done to remove her from her present position. As yet there is still no concrete word on what is intending to happen to her, various speculation, but it is looking more and more like 'disposal'

I have noticed that there has been a marked decrease in the postings over the incident , the abandoning of the ship and the various aspects afterward. I for one do not wish to leg it cool down for Costa/Carnival as I feel they need to have a constant reminder of what they are responsible for, this should be maintained until the final outcome of the court action against, the Captain, any other officers and that of the Costa Management who I feel may be just as responsible for this disaster.

We should not forget those who lost their lives, especially the 5 year old child, we should make sure that all those responsible are aware that we have not forgotten

Regards

You came onboard a little late, Davey. The captain's, officer's, dancer's and cruise lines' guilt or innocence had already pretty much been DECIDED and argued to death by the end of January on these threads.(and the ones that are now gone)

I sense you may be a little disappointed that Carnival/Costa is recovering from this tragedy very well. Learning from the 1Q report, that Carnival's bookings are UP from the same period last year and that most of the huge losses predicted by this catatastrophe were covered by insurance may be unsettling to you, but most cruisers are happy for both lines and wish this incident to be resolved in a fair and equitable manner for all parties.:)

Edited by glrounds

Get rid of whom ?

You came onboard a little late, Davey. The captain's, officer's, dancer's and cruise lines' guilt or innocence had already pretty much been DECIDED and argued to death by the end of January on these threads.(and the ones that are now gone)

I sense you may be a little disappointed that Carnival/Costa is recovering from this tragedy very well. Learning from the 1Q report, that Carnival's bookings are UP from the same period last year and that most of the huge losses predicted by this catatastrophe were covered by insurance may be unsettling to you, but most cruisers are happy for both lines and wish this incident to be resolved in a fair and equitable manner for all parties.:)

Never having considered booking a Carnival and or Costa cruise, (and now never will) I have no frame of reference for their pricing. Since the Concordia disaster, have they reduced prices to bargain basement levels in order to increase bookings?

John

According to babelfish its.....

немногая черное платье

I will leave it up to you for how to pronounce it lol.....

rgds

It's pronounced malenʹkoe chernoe platʹe -- little black dress. :D;)

Edited by SomeBeach

Get rid of whom ?

Thanks but I was in it from the beginning if you check the back files. I am not upset in any recovery, far from it. As a round tabler I discussed the ins and outs of the whole disaster with others from this board. What I find hard to understand is why some people do not believe that Costa management are in any way liable for the actions of their capt, either directly or indirectly.

I, like many others, await the outcome of the trial, for me the Capt is guilty, its a case of seeing if they go for others who appear to be complacent in this incident.

My first posting on the Costa Concordia was on the 14th Jan at 07:35 number 10 so you cant say I wasnt in from the start.

Rgds

Never having considered booking a Carnival and or Costa cruise, (and now never will) I have no frame of reference for their pricing. Since the Concordia disaster, have they reduced prices to bargain basement levels in order to increase bookings?

John

I've not cruised Costa (or Carnival) but have been checking their prices. While Costa has a few price cuts on some cruises, for the most part they are staying somewhat within the pricing of other lines. Haven't really noticed that as cruise dates near, they slash prices more.

It's my understanding Carnival Corp wanted them to remain stable so as not to cause a huge price drop for the other lines within the brand.

Personally I don't think any price drop they would have done would have encouraged those that don't want to cruise with Costa to suddenly decide to cruise with them, even for any savings they may have realized.

Edited by SomeBeach