1st Time on Carnival - Royal baby here..lol..

Pandy92545

This will be my third cruise as I just got off the Allure in October and I am so excited. When I worked in the travel industry, I heard so many horrible things about Carnival. I have even sworn to others I would "never" take a Carnival cruise due to those stories and reviews. But ya know what, in two weeks, I will be on the Sensation!! From my very first phone call with Rafael, I have been so excited. I have had the best customer service from him and a lady name Marcy. I wish other people would step outside the box and take other people opinions with a grain of salt. In two weeks, I will be enjoying the lido deck party with my sisters and I cannot wait!! Kudos for a great start already :)

I have had a great time on both cruise lines. Keep a open mind, you are going from the largest and newest ship to one of the smaller older ships.

When somebody complains about a CCL cruise vs another line to me, it's usually a case of them unfairly comparing different classes of ships then complaining about amenties.

OP enjoy your cruise:), if you booked itinerary to Half Moon Cay you'll be a convert for life.

Hope you have a wonderful time on the Sensation! You're definitely going with the right attitude (you want to have fun no matter what, and you'll find many other passengers in the same state of mind).

The experience will be VASTLY different from what you experienced on your last cruise aboard the Allure, but as long as you go with realistic expectations, and dont expect your upcoming cruise to be anything like your previous one, you should have an enjoyable time.

We've sailed on both the Sensation and the Allure, and I can tell you right now, you're in for a shock as soon as you board the Sensation. She's one third the size of the Allure, built in the early 90's (get ready for bright neon purple), with far less bells and whistles, but she has a very loyal following of fun loving, budget minded cruisers.

I would love to tell you that our experience on the Sensation was a good one, but unfortunately, it was one of the less enjoyable of all of the 13 Carnival cruises we've taken. I'm not saying that it was a BAD experience. It was just not our cup of tea. That's why I mentioned that you go with realistic expectations. :)

I was on the Sensation when it was considered new. It is a great ship. The fantasy class ships are laid out nicely. It will be different from RCCL but not in a bad way. I have found that every cruise I have taken is what I make of it. I have told many people that if they put me on the ship and go 50 miles of shore and do circles I would have a great time. I am sure you will have fun.

Enjoy,

TidePride

Archived