Is Liberty of the seas a good ship?

I have been on this site for the past week, almost non-stop & am becoming increasingly worried that the ship we sail on on May 3rd is not up to par with other RCL ships. We were on Navigator of the seas in April 11 & totally loved it, but there doesn't seem to be many good comments about Liberty, plus I have had only one reply about roll call....am I being paranoid????

I have been on this site for the past week, almost non-stop & am becoming increasingly worried that the ship we sail on on May 3rd is not up to par with other RCL ships. We were on Navigator of the seas in April 11 & totally loved it, but there doesn't seem to be many good comments about Liberty, plus I have had only one reply about roll call....am I being paranoid????

Don't worry!

The Liberty is a newer ship than the Navigator and a class of ships up from the NAV too.

May is still pretty far away and a roll call doesn't reflect the amount of people who will be on the ship (it will be sold out or VERY close to sold out - ships don't sail empty!).

Have you looked at the reviews at all? There are quite a few from January. You can see them here.

Thanks efields, yes I have read the reviews (over & over:)), a bit of a mixed bag, I am obviously far too hyper about this cruise as I am bringing two newbies with me & am worried that they will toss me overboard if they don't like it! Our cabin is 8214 on deck 8 (ov) hopefully the weather will be ok & not to rocky....not a lot I can do about that!

The newbies won't toss you overboard. They will be absolutely amazed by the ship and all she has to offer. I remember my first time on a ship. I was overwhelmed by the size, amenities, etc. I think I had imagined I'd be on a rowboat in the middle of the Caribbean.

P.S. We had a great time with new to RCI friends on the Liberty in December.

P.P.S. There were hardly any posts on my roll call for the Voyager in 2010. Sometimes, there just aren't many Cruise Critics on a given cruise. Goodness, on that particular one, I was barely Diamond Plus and I'd sailed on Royal more than anyone else on board.

We did two recent sails on Liberty just after her refurbishment and she is beautiful..The minute you and the newbies step onboard you will experience the shock & awe of her until on that final day you realize you have to get off.....Enjoy this amazing ship !!

Don't forget to come back here and let us know how you enjoyed your cruise. I think sometimes folks have such a wonderful time that they forget to come back and post it. If people have gripes, they seem more inclined to post them.

I am the total opposite- I cant wait to sail the Liberty. I have seen a lot of pictures and she looks fabulous! I have only sailed Carnival before and from what I have seen in pictures there is no comparison. Liberty looks amazing!

My first ever cruise was on Navigator in 2010 since then I have been on Freedom in 2010 and on Liberty twice in 2011 , that speaks for itself ,Liberty was our best ever cruise , loved them all but Liberty best of all ,we are doing Independence in April ,leaving from Southampton which is easy for us as only an hours drive away from where we live , but would go back on Liberty in a heartbeat , you will love her she is a beauty .

Hi - I've been on the Liberty twice before it was refurbished and it was GREAT then. I was also on the Adventure of the Seas (same class as Navigator) so I can do a decent and objective comparison. Both were very good....Liberty is better. It just is. No need to worry at all. Truly. Just remember that when you read cruise reviews it's all subjective info. What is fine for some folks isn't fine for others, etc., etc.

You'll have a wonderful time!

aaaahhhhhh getting sooo excited now! time ; go quicker!! Thank you all for banishing my paranoic instincts! Totally looking forward to it now :D:D:D:D:D
We sailed on Liberty twice in 2011, once in May on a short 5 night sailing and again in Oct on her 14 night transatlantic sailing from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale.

We are sailing on her again on May 18th this year, so as far as we're concerned she's a beautiful ship, well maintained, and staffed with a fantastic crew who are very helpful and friendly.

I've found that the roll calls for short sailings in the Med don't get many posts as the passenger mix will be primarily European and many of these do not use Cruise Critic so don't worry.

There are links below in my signature for photos from our Transatlantic and the sailing in May, together with a review of our May sailing.

Just look after her when you sail 10 days before us:D

Here's a link to my review of the transatlantic, but be warned it's long!

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=93141

Oh and I meant to say we've sailed on 3 of the Voyager class ships (Mariner, Navigator & Adventure) and although we thoroughly enjoyed each of them, we have sailed on the Freedom class 4 times now (twice on Freedom and twice Liberty) and personally prefer this class. JMHO

Thank you! Great review, will mind the lady liberty for you, no doubt you will enjoy your trip!!

We sailed on Liberty twice in 2011, once in May on a short 5 night sailing and again in Oct on her 14 night transatlantic sailing from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale.

We are sailing on her again on May 18th this year, so as far as we're concerned she's a beautiful ship, well maintained, and staffed with a fantastic crew who are very helpful and friendly.

I've found that the roll calls for short sailings in the Med don't get many posts as the passenger mix will be primarily European and many of these do not use Cruise Critic so don't worry.

There are links below in my signature for photos from our Transatlantic and the sailing in May, together with a review of our May sailing.

Just look after her when you sail 10 days before us:D

Here's a link to my review of the transatlantic, but be warned it's long!

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=93141

Oh and I meant to say we've sailed on 3 of the Voyager class ships (Mariner, Navigator & Adventure) and although we thoroughly enjoyed each of them, we have sailed on the Freedom class 4 times now (twice on Freedom and twice Liberty) and personally prefer this class. JMHO

Archived