Getting to the NYC cruise port

DLCteach

Hi there! My friend and I from Connecticut are sailing out of NYC on the Legend on 7/24. Rather than driving and parking at the port (the charges are unreal!) we're hoping to find a shuttle/bus/transport from Connecticut. I've poked around and can't seem to find anything. Does anyone know of anything that could help us?

Thanks a bunch!

Donna

We'll see you that day! I posted to the roll call board........ by now we're probably on page 500 though :D

Have you done a google search of bus transportation from Conn. to NYC...??

Hi Donna - we're from CT too (Middletown) and we have twice gone out of NYC but both times ended up parking at the pier because we just couldn't find any other more affordable options. The limo services are OUTRAGEOUS! I think Hunter's Limo wanted $400 each way! Unless you had a bunch of people to split it, it's actually more money! The Legend 8 night will cost $180 for the week (they charge you the monthly fee as opposed to the $25 a day). My husband actually thinks it's worth it to just drive anyway because it's such an easy trip, easy there and easy back - don't have to wait on anyone else. We had friends who used a service to get back from JFK and the driver got lost - took 6 hours to get home and it wasn't cheap either!

Just be sure you have cash if you park at the pier - they don't take credit cards! Have fun! We are going on the Legend again 06/22/05!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a real nit picky question, how far is it from where you park to the cruise terminal? Can you drop your luggage off and go park? (I'm traveling with two kids under two)

You can drop off your luggage then park- I think 90 % of people do just that. THe parking garage is right there at the terminal. Especially with wee ones --drop off your luggage and have just the one person park and you wait there for him to return.

Archived