Beach towels--do we need to bring them???

dottiedef

I would like to claarify my question---are these towels that we can take with us to the beach on land(as well as use at the pool). Figured they supplied the pool ones but not sure about those to take to the beach in Jamaica, for example.

Yes, These are towels you can take with you on shore excursions... As well as the pool.... as long as you bring them back with you...... They will supply them in your cabin to take with you to the beach etc....

On one of our early cruises a well meaning travel agent gave us a gift of travel bags and beach towels - all waiting in our room on arrival. We've never used the beach towels and they took up a lot of room in our luggage. Princess provides beach towels for use on board or ashore. Bring them back to your room when done, and your steward will swap them for fresh ones.

• 6 years later...

The posts I read abut beach towels were all six years old. Is it still the case that your room steward will give you beach towels to use at the pool or ashore? We are leaving Sunday on the Island Princess for Panama. It will be our first Princess cruise.

The posts I read abut beach towels were all six years old. Is it still the case that your room steward will give you beach towels to use at the pool or ashore? We are leaving Sunday on the Island Princess for Panama. It will be our first Princess cruise.

Yes, your steward will leave you beach towels in your cabin. They are for use on board and ashore.

We have also gotten extra from our steward by asking.

We just got off the Coral Princess Panama Canal cruise and, as always, had two beach towels in our cabin, which the steward changed out every day we used them. We take them to the pool deck or beach.

You can also ask your steward for more towels and get more on the Lido deck.

So far, Princess is not asking you to check out towels as on some other lines. I'm not sure if you will be charged if you don't bring a towel back or not, but we are careful not to lose them.

I think Princess is great at providing fresh beach towels! So many resorts now require you to leave a deposit for towels and use a check in / out system. Definitely leave those bulky towels at home :)

• 2 years later...
The beach towel threads were at least 2 years old. Can I ask for a recent review?

Does a Princess provide beach towels for shore excursions? Thx!:)

Yes, Yes, Yes, and Yes. It was true two years ago and it is true today. Take one, two, three whatever you wish to carry, just please bring them back and drop them on the floor of your bathroom. You will receive clean ones from your room steward. They will be the blue and white stripe towels.

Yes, Yes, Yes, and Yes. It was true two years ago and it is true today. Take one, two, three whatever you wish to carry, just please bring them back and drop them on the floor of your bathroom. You will receive clean ones from your room steward. They will be the blue and white stripe towels.

Or put them in the used towel bins either on deck or as you get back on the ship from a shore excursion INSTEAD of dropping them on your floor!

Edited by whatcruiseisnext