Small Purse

ddgleason

Hi ladies,

Usually on board, I don't carry a bag around since all I need is my Sea Pass/Sign n Sail card. As long as I can tuck it into a pocket, I can go. However, on formal night, I generally don't have a pocket. I have always had my husband carry it for me but I am thinking for this trip, this might be an excuse to get a cute little bag (and then I could carry a lip gloss too- bonus!). Do any of you carry a little bag? And where did you get it? I don't want to break the bank for a bag that will only be used a few times a year.

I just bought a cute silver sequined bag with a chain at JC Penneys for 2.00 on clearance..was really thrilled with my bargain...You can also sometimes find glitzy cosmetic bags with a little handle for a few dollars at Walgreens...

I have a small black clutch-type thing at home (I've had it for years) that I might use. I'm also going to take a look at my wallets and such to see what might work for formal and casual nights. Otherwise, I will search for something inexpensive. I want to be able to bring a small compact mirror, possibly my glasses in case we do something immediately before/after dinner (I'm nearsighted), a mini-size of hand sanitizer, and my lip color.

I always manage to pick up a fanatstic beaded bag before I get on board...since I generally wear black my bags always are bright and flamboyant...yet small...I always get lots of comments and I feel it makes my outfit and a great memory of my trip when I get it out at a later date:D

See the very bad attched photo with my heart beaded bag on the bar in the back ground:)

1449008558_Trapaniatnight053.jpg.1c7436ed4d306dcbb218ee183ad88931.jpg

I always bring a small purse for evenings. It is usually a cross body

style. I always sail solo and even if I cruised with someone I prefer

to carry my own stuff. After living on my own for what seems to be

my entire adult life, I only depend on 1 person....that would be me:)

I have 2 small clutches that are black, one in leather, one in a peau de soie, I've had it for years. I also have a gold clutch, a beaded clutch (vintage, belonged to my MIL). I have a few others as well... red, brown, silver, I'm a bag lady ;)

I do have one I purchased for $10 onboard a ship, all mainstream cruiselines have them. If you have little need and only think you will use the bag a few times, not bad to save some serious cash.

I bring a wristlet for evenings, and also small beaded evening bag for formal nights. They have a nice selection at DSW for half what I'd pay at a department store.

Sometimes department stores have amazing sales. It's always worth a look in the sale racks and bins. Special coupon days at Macy's have great discounts. I've found some serious bargains at Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Saks....when they want to get rid of merchandise they mark it way down.

I've purchased cocktail dresses for as little as $23, handbags and shoes for less than half the regular retail price...and you don't have to wait a year or so for the merchandise to work its way down the ladder, you get more current styles (I am not trendy by any means, but subtle style changes occur).

So...don't always stay out of the major department stores thinking you are saving a bundle at outlet stores! (I have no idea if DSW is an outlet, I've never been to one, the only one here is out of my shopping range)

I have a few Wrist mates http://canaleoriginals.com/ they are perfect for evening wear situations for me because I never have a pocket and since I dont usually carry a purse I tend to leave them somewhere when I do. These are just big enough to hold a couple of credit cards, some cash, a smaller lipstick and even a couple of condoms just in case lol.

Seems I tend to forget the small bag needed for a formal night. The $10 store comes to my rescue every other cruise or so! There are many varieties, either black, or a color to coordinate with your evening outfit.

M

I never forget mine because I pack it full of my costume jewelry. It's ready to go with all my other clothes/shoes/toiletries a few days in advance.

I pack from a rolling rack downstairs (away from the bedroom, keeps me from overpacking), the clothing is hung and the accessories/shoes, etc... are all stacked on the bottom. This way, I never forget anything. OK, a very few exceptions, last cruise I forgot my contact lens case, cost me $13 to replace it, first an adapted case from the ship store then a real case from a drug store. A contact lens case is permanently in my carry on now.

Archived