Specialty dining price reductions......

tarps14

I was just looking at the NCL site to book dining options, I am interested in the Lotus Garden and I will create another post to ask more but, it does seem to be priced at $15.00 for our upcoming Alaskan Cruise on May 6th. I have pre-booked Moderno but maybe I'll wait for booking this one. Are there any coupons or price reductions sometimes in the Lotus Garden? We are on the first sailing out for the Alaskan season. Thanks

On our cruise in March on the Pearl, we ate at all the fee restaurants at the discount price and never had a wait at anytime in the evening, we also never had to wait for the main dinning room, the buffet was also very busy though.

They have to something. Last 4 cruises the speciality venues have been empty. In my opion the only 2 still worth what paid for are Le Bistro and Teppanyki. The result of low demand is the main dinning rooms get slammed.

2 weeks ago on the Star all the specialty venues were 20% off the first two nights. Keep in mind the first night was lobster night in the MDRs.

Have to agree but even Le Bistro, escargot is now dreadful. I'd rather they keep the price and bring back the high quality. Bring back the cheese rolls. Bring back the hard-crusted rolls. In Teppanyaki ... give us the seaweed salad and leave the iceberg lettuce with ginger dressing to a wedge w/ Russian in the MDR. In Teppanyaki, bring back the original coconut sauce with the sashimi fruit without watering it down.

I wouldn't eat that lobster if you paid me ... how was the Star ?

On our cruise in March on the Pearl, we ate at all the fee restaurants at the discount price and never had a wait at anytime in the evening, we also never had to wait for the main dinning room, the buffet was also very busy though.

We ate in all fee restaurants on Jewel 3/31 sailing except for one night in MDR. No discount.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't it the Pearl on which they're doing a test so that's why prices are discounted? Don't know how long they're testing it. Were the specialties more full as a result?

Some ships do offer a 20% discount first night.

We were on the Pearl in March and yes, it was Moderno. :)

As for the prices, back in March, the prices for Teppanyaki was $28 at the time :eek: which was a bit of a shock since NCL's site said $25 and that's what the other ships have been charging that we've been on.

Also, Lotus was $10 for us (and I believe the website said $15).

We did not get an email about this, but those were the prices at the time we sailed. :)

Archived