Window Reflections and privacy??

cbd317

I remember reading on another thread to be careful about the window reflections and your "attire", or lack thereof, ;) while in your room.

I hate to sound like an idiot but can someone explain to me exactly what this is? Can someone see inside your room in the reflection on their cabin windows?! Yikes.

Are the reflections from cabins next to or above each other? I know, dumb question, but it's late in the day and I don't feel like working anymore. Besides, I have a 15 year old daughter I need to warn if this is the case.

I remember reading on another thread to be careful about the window reflections and your "attire", or lack thereof, ;) while in your room.

I hate to sound like an idiot but can someone explain to me exactly what this is? Can someone see inside your room in the reflection on their cabin windows?! Yikes.

Are the reflections from cabins next to or above each other? I know, dumb question, but it's late in the day and I don't feel like working anymore. Besides, I have a 15 year old daughter I need to warn if this is the case.

I read this once too. The poster at that time was speaking about the aft cabins in the Jewel class of ships. Some of those aft cabins have deep balconies and aren't entirely covered. They said that when they were standing at the aft railing in the Great Outdoors area, they could look down and see a reflection in the balcony glass railing when the light was on in the cabin. Not sure how true this is and not sure how clearly you can see even if at all.

Hehehe. I had an incident once with the bridge crew and the bridge light reflecting off the glass on my OS side balcony - where I was sitting in a robe with my feet up.. It's a rather long funny story, involving a steward who was trying to communicate a message from the bridge in broken English ("Da light! Day can/caaan't see!") - I thought he was talking about the cabin lights distracting the bridge view, so I kept turning off lights and closing curtains. Two phone calls and finally a visit from him (to my now totally dark cabin) finally made it clear to me... Let's just say the bridge crew must have been laughing about that "full moon" for days.... And me too.... :D

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When returning to the ship at night in Bermuda I was shocked to see my porthole on deck 4 acted like a magnifying glass. :eek:

With the cabin lights on you could see every little detail in my cabin when walking on the pier.

I made sure to close the hatch after that.;)

Never hurts to pull your drapes. You never know. Story. I was, many years ago, an air traffic controller at Chicago O'Hare. Control tower was right in front of Hilton Hotel, tower cab slightly higher than top floors of Hilton. Tower would have lights in cab off at night in order to see out onto the airport. Hilton upper floor guests could not really see tower cab...looking down onto them. Many guests, assuming they were too high up to be seen, frequently did not close draps. Controllers had many stories about late night happenings observed in the rooms of the Hilton.

Oh my! Post #14 in that thread. :p

Yeah, why was the poster taking "the opportunity to watch the newlyweds celebrate their nuptials?"

C'mon people, give people some privacy. Voyeurism is unbecoming...

BTW, for those who are shy, don't use the poolside restrooms on the Epic--lovely views from IN there so I am assumimg views from without also...

@Cbd317 -

Unless Tom (the peeping kind) is off the ship, he cannot look into your aft cabin on ANY ship. All our cruises have been in aft cabins, and we have never had anybody look in. How could they even? I have taken a picture of my DW standing on our balcony on the Jewel. I was leaning over the railing of the Great Outdoors. You can see my wife at our railing. If one could see a reflection in the glass panel behind her, it would be a reflection of the balcony floor. For me to peek into our cabin, she would have had to hold up a big mirror at a 45 degree angle. So I think you can relax.

via iPod touch and Tapatalk.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328754737.174899.jpg.27f5e229914c1e36762b6aa5abf9c179.jpg

In the owners suite there is a window to the bathroom on the side balcony.

You can see right thru the window with the shade down. NCL might have changed the shade but when I sailed with friends I saw one of them naked in the bathroom by mistake.

My eyes havent been teh same since lol

Archived