Star Princess- Pictures/ Reviews ??

DENNAS

bj6622: EXCELLENT photo gallery, I loved looking at your pics. What beach were you at in Cozumel?

luvsvacations: when exactly are you going? We're waiting for my daughter's final spring break date, they aren't 100 sure of date yet. We hope it's April 16th. Have already got some prices and they were very good. I hate waiting too long to book, was told as time goes on, prices start to rise.

Thanks. Denise

Tapdancer and Dennas, The beach in the Cozumel pics is the beach north of "Mezcalito" on the East Coast of the island. It was beautiful, no hotels, no resorts, no people really. We were there on the ATV/kayak/snorkel excursion, booked through Princess. It was incredible, well worth the price (think it was around $180 for 2 people). Definitely money well spent. It's probably less if booked directly with the tour company too. (WILD TOURS)

Glad you guys liked the pics.

-Brian

http://www.pbase.com/bgerm/cruise_pics

You really don't need another positive about the Star, but I will add to all those above. We just got off the Star yesterday and we loved the ship. We booked just 2 weeks ahead and could only get Baja balcony, forward. While the balcony was a bit small, the cabin exceeded our expectations. The waters were calm, but even so this cabin was the quietest cabin we have ever been in. Crew is great! You will love the Star. We did not like the production shows, but Greg Bonham, a Las Vegas type act, was terrific. And if they have the afternoon Culinary Show put on by the chefs and maitre 'de staff, do go. It's really fun -- they are funny.

Sorry you Pizza lovers....Last year I thought the pizza on The Grand was great and was disappointed with the pizza on The Star just a month ago.

It wasn't so bad that you couldn't eat it, but only had it the one time. I also thought the burgers were a little different, maybe it is just who is cooking.

I had a burger in the dining room at lunch and it was very good.:)

Hope all you Star cruisers get Steve Schaffer as your comedian - he was really funny.:D :D He was only on for one nite, so watch to see if they advertise him in the patters. Worth seeing.

Coffee - well, IMHO it is always bad. Take your own coffeemaker.:)

Mmmmmm.... I LOVE the Princess pizza... that's too bad your friend didn't like it! I DREAM about Princess pizza!!!

Anyway, glad your trip went well... too bad you werent able to make it to Princess Cays... it's actually a lovely port of call!!

I have to agree with you about the pizza. My husband is 100% Italian and he sad it was some of the best he's tasted! My son and nephew had about 5 pieces each per day! It was so thin and crispy and those were fresh tomatoes that they used for sauce!

I don't think I am allowed to post where I got the good prices.... send your email address and I'll email you the Agency and phone number. I called 3 and "this one" had the best price.

Northender- I'm STILL waiting for my daughter's 2005-6 school schedule, this is KILLING me, last year we got it in May too, but before that in April. So I wish I'd find out already. I'm definately still leaning towards the STAR and keep reading all the reviews that come in... I hope it's April 16th, she is typically off the week AFTER Easter, which we enjoy, but my luck I'll book it and it will be the week before and I'll have to pay a penalty. That is why I am waiting a little longer before calling the school again !! LOL.

Archived